Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399767 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #1020 on: May 31, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »
Is this thing still on?

I noticed another club promoted gambling tweet this evening.

So RFCO, to go back to my original question, the RFC policy is to protect minors from club promoted gambling ads if the social media network makes it easy to do so, otherwise it is open slather?

Correct, we don't promote to minors where possible.

If you don't want to promote to minors, then don't advertise on twitter where minors have access to it.

Pretty sure between the Club and Sportsbet can reach enough people without using twitter
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1021 on: May 31, 2014, 04:55:36 PM »
Is this thing still on?

So RFCO, to go back to my original question, the RFC policy is to protect minors from club promoted gambling ads if the social media network makes it easy to do so, otherwise it is open slather?

If you don't want to promote to minors, then don't advertise on twitter where minors have access to it.

Pretty sure between the Club and Sportsbet can reach enough people without using twitter

There is no kid-free space on the Internet.

They can and do access anything they like.

Rampstar

« Reply #1022 on: May 31, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »
I dont have any sympathy for gamblers. If youre stupid enough to lose money you dont have on betting you deserve to have a crap life. If parents are so stupid as to allow their kids to bet then they are in my opinion criminals. Kids should be brought up to understand that these things are just their for a bit of fun when they grow up not to be used as some sort of conduit to a better potential lifestyle or an alternative to getting a job. The club is doing 100% the right thing, if people cant control themselves stiff poo.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1023 on: May 31, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Is this thing still on?

Yep.

I dont have any sympathy for gamblers. If youre stupid enough to lose money you dont have on betting you deserve to have a crap life. If parents are so stupid as to allow their kids to bet then they are in my opinion criminals. Kids should be brought up to understand that these things are just their for a bit of fun when they grow up not to be used as some sort of conduit to a better potential lifestyle or an alternative to getting a job. The club is doing 100% the right thing, if people cant control themselves stiff poo.

I understand your position but I disagree. Gambling is as bad for society as smoking is and takes a huge number of innocent parties in its wake.

I'd much rather the RFC show some guts like North Melbourne did and turn its back on this money, which is a drop in the ocean for the club.

If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing. Actually that could well sum up lots of issues at the RFC.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1024 on: May 31, 2014, 08:57:23 PM »
HEY RFC, SHOVE YOUR stuffing MEMBERSHIP UP YOUR stuffing ARSE, THIS TEAM HAS COST ME TOO MUCH OVER THE YEARS FOR NOTHING. YOU PACK OF INSIPID WEAK GOOD FOR NOTHING IMBECILES!!!

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1025 on: May 31, 2014, 09:07:38 PM »
Can we get a refund

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1026 on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:14 PM »
It would be a very honourable gesture if the club offered a membership cancellation and a refund to any member who wanted it.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1027 on: June 01, 2014, 08:13:07 AM »
I want my money back now
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1028 on: June 01, 2014, 08:45:34 AM »
Honestly RFC Official
What's it like working for a large organization that is a failure
Time for redundancy at punt rd
Coach first

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1029 on: June 01, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
The club should be investigated by the fraud investigation squad. AFL supporters from all clubs bet on AFL games & yet RFC put clearly injured & lame players on the park who are injected & can not perform at the best interests of the betting public. Jackson & Hampson clearly 2 players who should not have started. Club will never get another cent from us & you lose 14 memberships in total just from my family. Take this back to Gavin & tell him to wipe his ass on it for all l care.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1030 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:29 AM »
Please RFCO, can you ask the club medical team how they can allow a guy who couldn't train all week to play in the most important game of the year?

Seriously, how could this happen?

And we had a guy called Miles smashing the door down in the VFL that could have taken his place!!!!

Even Hampson was favouring a knee and Maric was so underdone it was not funny.

I think the club has to look long and hard at its medical staff in the off season as well as its fitness staff as there are things amiss here...

And yes I am a doctor of 30 years experience, so I know what I am talking about.

Thank you.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1031 on: June 02, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »
I can't answer the on-field related questions as was stated from the beginning, sorry.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1032 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
I can't answer the on-field related questions as was stated from the beginning, sorry.

But you know you want to.   :whistle

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1033 on: June 02, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »
The question I posed was not for you to answer but to see if you could deliver it to the appropriate people at the club. I would hope their answer could be then be relayed back to this site via you.

Thanks.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1034 on: June 02, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »
The question I posed was not for you to answer but to see if you could deliver it to the appropriate people at the club. I would hope their answer could be then be relayed back to this site via you.

Thanks.

With respect, Mr RFC_O made it clear from when he first started posting here that he couldn't answer questions related to the on field stuff. Directly or indirectly that's what you are asking here

I appreciate people don't like that but that's the way it is and has always been.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)