Author Topic: People in Forums  (Read 2168 times)

10 FLAGS

People in Forums
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:08 PM »
This is a serious statement/question:

Yesterday as I was searching for a link to find the ManU Liverpool game on tv, I came across numerous Liverpool and Man U forums (as you would expect).

Now in here we have long term posters, some very long term. People who post pretty regularly. I put myself in that category, but as I undertook my investigation, I came across people who had like 20,000 posts averaging 20 posts a day. 10 posts a day seemed to be average. Some probably had more than 20.

Now Ive been here a long time, and all up using all my tags- I have racked up Id reckon 10,000 posts but with a daily average of say 3 posts a day over a lot of years.

How the eff does anyone do 20 posts a day? I spend to much time in this forum as it is lol. So the question is Why do people spend hours upon hours racking up 10, 20 and probably more posts everyday? How much can someone say in a forum anyway?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: People in Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
There's a lot more to discuss when it comes to Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. There would be poo loads of people on those forums and the activity would be very high. Plus some of them probably haven't lost their V's yet :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
"What would you know Davey you limpgot you're a Gunners following face idiot from the back blocks"

Most soccer forums are just a repetitive back and forth of insults
I reckon I could call someone a **** 20 times a day

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
"What would you know Davey you limpgot you're a Gunners following face effer from the back blocks"

Most soccer forums are just a repetitive back and forth of insults
I reckon I could call someone a **** 20 times a day

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Liverpool fans are the best. "This year is our year :thumbsup"

:lol

FNM

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
I must be over 100,000 with various nicks lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
You've been everywhere. PRE, BF, OER and YellowandBeige.

FNM

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »
You've been everywhere. PRE, BF, OER and YellowandBeige.

Sounds very slutty, Ed! lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:20:01 PM »
 :lol

Out of those sites I'd say OER is the pick of the bunch.  :thumbsup

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
I love OER!  :bow

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
I love OER!  :bow

Good to hear & read

So please treat it right  :police:
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »
Liverpool fans are the best. "This year is our year :thumbsup"

Sound like Tigers fans  :-[

Out of those sites I'd say OER is the pick of the bunch.  :thumbsup

Agree. Get rid of the 2008 homepage that does nothing and get Wayne to do a new banner and this place will be nearing perfection.

Good to hear & read

So please treat it right  :police:

Like a St. Kilda schoolgirl  :-*

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
Agree. Get rid of the 2008 homepage that does nothing and get Wayne to do a new banner and this place will be nearing perfection.

Hmmm the main page - just not enough hours in the day or days in a week 

Actually gerk I was all set to sit down and do a major update of it over the Xmas/New Year break but our little 4 legged :angel: wasn't keen on that therefore had other ideas. So my entire break was spent looking after her

She got into a bit of strife after a little op she had (pulled stitches out not once but twice  ;D) so my grand plan for the main page update went down the tiolet  :rollin

Have set aside a day next week when I have some time off work to try and get it done  :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
Ahhh Such Is Life, no worries WP  :cheers

Does the main page really need to be updated? Could you just delete it and have the main Forum page as the homepage? That's what I bookmark to, I only go through the main page when logging in from other computers. Not sure how other users do it, they may enjoy Survivor and pics of Cogga  ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »

Hmmm the main page - just not enough hours in the day or days in a week 

Actually gerk I was all set to sit down and do a major update of it over the Xmas/New Year break but our little 4 legged :angel: wasn't keen on that therefore had other ideas. So my entire break was spent looking after her

She got into a bit of strife after a little op she had (pulled stitches out not once but twice  ;D) so my grand plan for the main page update went down the tiolet  :rollin

Have set aside a day next week when I have some time off work to try and get it done  :thumbsup

WP why don't you get a CMS and then get volunteer members to be contributing editors with each Volunteer having his own section of responsibility. It would make things so much more dynamic to the point where you could have a live scoreboard for Tiger games on the front page. Now As far as CMS's goes, Drupal is pretty good and its free with a very active community. Just check that your web hoster supports it and away you go. And PM me anytime if you want to know more.  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »
WP why don't you get a CMS and then get volunteer members to be contributing editors with each Volunteer having his own section of responsibility. It would make things so much more dynamic to the point where you could have a live scoreboard for Tiger games on the front page. Now As far as CMS's goes, Drupal is pretty good and its free with a very active community. Just check that your web hoster supports it and away you go. And PM me anytime if you want to know more.  :thumbsup

:-\ :-\ :'( :'(

tiga - you lost me at "why don't you get CMS" - I am not the techno genius of this operation, that's Mr One-Eyed's domain

:rollin :rollin