Author Topic: Hardwick on 3AW @ 6.30pm  (Read 2877 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick on 3AW @ 6.30pm
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »
Dimma will be on 3AW at approx. 6.30pm tonight.

For those OERites not in Melbourne:
http://streaming.mytalk.com.au/3aw
or http://streaming.mytalk.com.au/watch3aw

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick on 3AW @ 6.30pm
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:55:35 PM »
Summary

* Teammates having a bit of a blue happens every now and then. Nothing wrong it as long as everyone shakes hands afterwards.

* Dimma said he probably feels more in control as coach 12 months on. First year you get a free hit but this year no doubt the screws will tighten this year. We'll just try to improve in certain areas and go from there.

* Main difference b/w being an assistant coach and a senior coach?
As senior coach you find out how much you rely on your assistant coaches. It's very much about man management these days so that takes away from the day to day training. The amount of input you get from your assistant coaches is staggering. They deserve all the credit they get.

* Foley - has played just 4 games in the last 30. Effectively a first round draft pick for us and a quality one. Expecting him to play round 1. Brings a lot of experience and is an elite player for us (ie. he played for Victoria)

* Martin - came back not overweight but a little unfit (back in Oct.). When he trains he trains hard but he probably didn't do the intense training he needed to do. He got a slight touch up from the coaching staff at the time but by Christmas was back into the grove and right. Dimma said it's one of those things that happens to all players at some stage in their career and he's glad Dusty has got his out of the way early on.

* NAB cup - not going to take it too seriously as far as the result given the new rules and format. Our main focus is on round 1 for us.

* No doubt defensive input is very important from the forwards. Jack lead ours last year. Collingwood took the game to another level with that forward pressure. We'll copy some of that but also bring something new to the table as well.

* Had some fans almost grab Dimma by the neck up the street about his comment about Jack playing further up the ground lol. It was taken a bit out of context. Jack will play up across CHF as well as at FF.

* New facilities - we head into them late Jan/early feb. Cricket also moving out. So no more excuses from our club as far as facilities. Credit to the board for opening up the purse strings to provide us with these facilities.

* Footy is a hard game (bloody tough when we were 0-9) but we like to bring some fun into as well. Need to keep the guys up so it's okay to have a bit of a giggle now and then.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »
lol @ the ferals  :lol

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:49 PM »
lol @ the ferals  :lol

Hey, leave us ferals alone!!!

Its a bit like the love of a mother, a bit misplaced sometimes but heart in the right place
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »
Who had the blue? what did I miss where :o :o

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »

Kangas, daniel Pratt stole boomers last potato off his dinner plate at the soup kitchen
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »

Kangas, daniel Pratt stole boomers last potato off his dinner plate at the soup kitchen

Really!! good the see the squabbling over there! I thought the love fest may have been over in our camp :-* :-*

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Unfit Martin given a Richmond rocket (SNF)
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
Looks like the media have jumped on Dimma's comments about Martin returning to training in October "unfit" :-\

Unfit Martin given a Richmond rocket
By Tim Clarke
sportsnewsfirst.com.au
12 January 2011 08:01PM EST

Richmond have been forced to reprimand rising superstar Dustin Martin after he returned from his summer break unfit, in the words of senior coach Damien Hardwick.

Martin was one of the stand-out performers in the Tigers’ improved 2010, finishing fourth in the club’s best and fairest voting.

Then being handed Royce Hart’s famed number four guernsey was a massive vote of confidence from the yellow and black hierarchy, who see Martin as the potential leader of their next midfield generation.

But that potential did not save Martin when he returned from his summer holidays out of shape.

“He probably came back - not so much overweight - but a little bit unfit,” Hardwick said.

“He did not do the required intensity training that we were after. He probably let himself down over the course of the summer.

“We know there is going to be one of those around the corner for every player at some stage, so I am glad he got his out of the way nice and early.

“But he got a slight touch-up from the coaching staff and he has been outstanding ever since.

”He worked really hard over Christmas, and he is back training very well.”

Hardwick’s first year in charge of the success-starved Richmond club brought some plaudits – but still only a 15th place finish on the AFL ladder – a position he said simply had to be improved upon.

“The first year you really do you get a free hit with the way you go about your footy,” Hardwick said.

“This year the screws will tighten no doubt, and we expect improved performance not only from myself and the coaching staff, but from the players as well.

“We will try and improve in a certain number of areas and go from there.”

And it appears Hardwick might be helped in that aim by the return of Nathan Foley – who the coach said will be like an extra first round draft pick.

“He has only played four games in our last 30, we are looking forward to him coming back this year – he is effectively a first round draft pick and a quality one at that,” Hardwick said.

“He is on track to play round one we have just got to take it easy.

“He brings a lot of experience ... he is an elite player in the competition and one we can’t wait to get back.”

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/01/12/unfit-martin-given-a-richmond-rocket/

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:50:05 AM »
That article is why no-one takes that rag seriously. If you heard the interview, the article is ridiculous.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Assistant coaches a crucial cog: Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »
Assistants a crucial cog
richmondfc.com.au
Thu 13 Jan, 2011

Damien Hardwick might be considered the main man at Tigerland, but the Richmond coach says there’s no way he could do it alone.

According to Hardwick, his team of senior assistants - including Wayne Campbell, Justin Leppitsch, Danny Daly and Brendon Lade - are a critical component in the Tigers’ quest to climb up the ladder.

“The thing I found out most (when an assistant to Alistair Clarkson at Hawthorn) was how much you rely on your assistant coaches,” he said on 3AW’s Sports Today program last night.

“There is so much management these days, and my time is taken up a lot with communicating with players and communicating with coaches, which takes away from your day-to-day coaching.

“I think we’re very lucky with the quality of coaches we’ve got down at Richmond.  They bring a truckload of knowledge.

“Gone are the days when you rely solely on the senior coach.  It’s a real team effort...the amount of input you get from those guys is staggering, and they thoroughly deserve all the credit they can get.”

Hardwick is looking forward to his second year in charge of a young Richmond team, which he expects will make progress from the 2010 season.

“Your first year you get a free hit with regard to how you go about your footy, but this year the screws will tighten, there’s no doubt about that,” he said.

“We expect an improved performance, not only from myself and the coaching staff, but from the players as well.

“We’ll just try to improve in a certain number of areas, and go from there.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/106711/default.aspx

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »
Who is Danny daly?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 06:50:11 PM »
Who is Danny daly?