Author Topic: New sponsor - Tigers join forces with Signet (RFC)  (Read 7222 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
New sponsor - Tigers join forces with Signet (RFC)
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »
It's a blank page but the title says "Tigers join forces with Signet"

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/106854/default.aspx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: New sponsor - Tigers join forces with Signet (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
Er Mr OE when I open the link there's nothing there not even the title :rollin

BTW Signet's Melb office is in Fitzroy  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »
Er Mr OE when I open the link there's nothing there not even the title :rollin

BTW Signet's Melb office is in Fitzroy  ;D
The title is at the top of the Firefox browser ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
Here's the first line of source code of that page

<meta id="MetaDescription" name="DESCRIPTION" content="Richmond has received an off-field boost ahead of the 2011 season, joining forces with Australian packaging manufacturer and distributor Signet.">

<meta id="MetaKeywords" name="KEYWORDS" content="Tigers join forces with Signet">

;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
I'll wait for the official announcement just in case there's more but it will be a bit disappointing if all the announcement is is Signet being named as our media polo sponsor which we already knew.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 02:32:21 PM »
Lame.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »
I'll wait for the official announcement just in case there's more but it will be a bit disappointing if all the announcement is is Signet being named as our media polo sponsor which we already knew.

Richmond has received an off-field boost ahead of the 2011 season, joining forces with Australian packaging manufacturer and distributor Signet.

The Signet logo will appear on the sleeve of Richmond’s official media polo for the next three years.

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale described the new partnership with Signet as an important decision, as the Club continues to build strength on and off the field.

“Like Richmond, Signet is a strong brand, committed to growing its business and becoming a leader in its field,” he said.

“Richmond is an evolving Club, relentless in its pursuit of success, and this partnership is another step in the right direction.”

Established in 1968, Signet is an Australian market leader and has long manufactured and distributed packaging and consumable products to a wide range of industries including construction, mining, education, sporting, office and healthcare.

Signet CEO Mark Brennan said: “We are both very similar in the way we conduct our business and the passion behind our brands, as Richmond looks to once again become a dominant force in the AFL, Signet is excited to be able to grow with them.”

“This marks a very exciting time for us as we look to significantly increase our market share across our various departments and launch our consumer division,” Brennan said.

“2011 is looking to be a great year as we continue to improve on our award-winning service and engage new clients in new and exciting markets.”

Richmond’s partnership with Signet follows the recent announcement that ME Bank is the new naming rights sponsor of Punt Road Oval’s brand new training and administration base, and that KooGa is the Club’s new apparel sponsor.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/106854/default.aspx

That was a bit of an anti-climax!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
 :sleep

what a build up. wont even make the paper.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »
That was a bit of an anti-climax!
Say that again  :-\. Probably our own fault in a way though building up today into more than it was. The main thing to come out of today is we'll probably have to wait now until February at the earliest before any major sponsorship announcement  :-\.

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »
if we have/get a major sponsor

tony_montana

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »
this is starting to border on the ridiculous. For a supposed strong brand I find it very disconcerting that we still dont have a major sponsor going into february

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
if we have/get a major sponsor
We had to wait until well into February two years ago before Luxbet signed on. So unfortunately this waiting for a major sponsor is nothing new for us  :-\.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
Yep, today's announcement marks the first time I've personally been concerned about the sponsorship situation.

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
This time they've had over 6 months to secure something and they haven't even got 1 major sponsor, let alone two. Not a good look.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 03:38:52 PM »
Yep, today's announcement marks the first time I've personally been concerned about the sponsorship situation.

Personally I'm certainly not concerned yet

I am sure a major is just around the corner  :thumbsup

What I find amusing is all the fuss that was made pre board election (by Phil Anderson & Neil McKay & agreed by a number on here) about us not being able to hang onto sponsors and not treating them great.

We finally get out there spruiking a newbie showing a lot of love to a sponsor  like we should and everyones saying it's a letdown. yep it would have been great if they'd announced our major or majors today but it's still $$$ in the kitty and new QLD company joining us, not the Lions or Suns but the Tigers - that's gotta be a good sign

Doesn't the saying go something like "from little things big things grow". In 3 years who's to say that Signet wont want to up their comittment or even half way through this current deal they turn around and say we want to go the next step
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)