Author Topic: New sponsor - Tigers join forces with Signet (RFC)  (Read 7239 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: New sponsor - Tigers join forces with Signet (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »
Hmmm.......

Starting to get concerned.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 05:18:18 PM »
Hmmm.......

Why?

The most important thing is to get proper value IMHO. If we have to wait ... we wait  :gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »
Hmmm.......

Why?

The most important thing is to get proper value IMHO. If we have to wait ... we wait  :gotigers

Correct Flags - you reall yshould apply for that Marketing job at the CLub - you're made for it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
I don't believe people are knocking the sponsorship announcement as such. The more sponsors and $$$ the better  :thumbsup. It's a bit of a letdown for many as we've known about Signet coming on board as our media polo sponsor for virtually a month. It's not new news for us supporters (at least on the net) even if the reason for announcing the deal now was say to maximise exposure in the media by avoiding the Christmas/New Year period. Also people get excited about major sponsors being finalised so they can go out and buy the latest up-to-date merchandise.

Yep, today's announcement marks the first time I've personally been concerned about the sponsorship situation.
If we're still 'looking' in a month's time then I'll be concerned.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »
Now Benny, Signet a strong brand, please ::) :banghead :banghead :banghead
Enough spin Benny.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »
so true jackstar. Benny would have been much better to have come out and said a mediocre brand  ::)  :banghead
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
so true jackstar. Benny would have been much better to have come out and said a mediocre brand  ::)  :banghead
Some of Jack's mediocre brands that didn't make the sponsorship announcement today ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
 ;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »
Firstly, any sponsorship announcement is significant and deserves press - if only for the sponsor who wants to see his new client giving him some instant ROI.

So I say, well done to RFC. :thumbsup

The only concern that I have with the Tigers in a sponsor sense is that they seem to be struggling to hold down a major, long term sponsor since the TAC contract finished a few years ago.

Having one "biggie" takes off a lot of pressure as it is incredibly hard to find sponsors AND retain them.

The other point that I would make is that we should be careful not to expect too much from our major sponsors financially in the first couple of years.

Give them value, build up the relationship, win games, play finals and I can assure you that the bigger bucks will come.  :gotigers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »
Firstly, any sponsorship announcement is significant and deserves press - if only for the sponsor who wants to see his new client giving him some instant ROI.

The only concern that I have with the Tigers in a sponsor sense is that they seem to be struggling to hold down a major, long term sponsor since the TAC contract finished a few years ago.

Having one "biggie" takes off a lot of pressure as it is incredibly hard to find sponsors AND retain them.

The other point that I would make is that we should be careful not to expect too much from our major sponsors financially in the first couple of years.

Give them value, build up the relationship, win games, play finals and I can assure you that the bigger bucks will come.  :gotigers
well said HRT, agree on all counts

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »

Spot on

I think some people are living in a bit of dream when they say we (the RFC) are strong brand. We are coming from a long way back based on our on field. Build it and they will come  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »
Build it and they will come  :thumbsup

Sounds like a good theme for a movie.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »
Build it and they will come  :thumbsup

Sounds like a good theme for a movie.

A very good movie it was  ;) :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:13 PM »

Spot on

I think some people are living in a bit of dream when they say we (the RFC) are strong brand. We are coming from a long way back based on our on field. Build it and they will come  :thumbsup
Yep our "brand" has been damaged by 30 years of continual failure. Basically at the minute the only thing we can hold up to potential sponsors is we have the potential of greatest growth of all clubs if and when we finally get our act together onfield and start making finals on a regular basis rather than twice in 28 years.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Signet partners with AFL Tigers (Supply Chain Review)
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 11:36:21 PM »
Signet partners with AFL Tigers
Supply Chain Review
January 20, 2011

Leading packaging and consumables manufacturer and distributor Signet has announced strategic partnership with AFL Football Club, the Richmond Tigers.

The three year agreement is the largest sports marketing investment in Signet’s history and is a crucial element to the brand’s 2011 campaign.

Key Richmond players will feature on the front of Signet’s bi-annual ‘Your Buyer’s Guide’ as a sign of Signet’s commitment to its ongoing relationship with the club.

Following the success of the company’s sporting partnerships, including sponsorship of NRL team the North Queensland Cowboys, Signet’s Chief Executive Officer Mark Brennan says such agreements are a major part of the company’s growth strategy.

“We have been operating in the Victorian marketplace for over 30 years and now, as we kick off our 2011 expansion, we are ready to establish ourselves as a key supplier to the Australian manufacturing industry,” Brennan says.

“Our new Knoxfield facility in Melbourne along with our exciting new partnership with Richmond Footy Club seeks to capitalise on the club’s great reputation in Victoria, Western Australia and the Northern Territory.”

According to Mr Brennan, the sponsorship is pivotal to the further expansion of the company’s operations which comprise distribution of market leading products including stretch film, packaging tape, cartons and strapping.

It will also pave the way for Signet to provide better local sales support than ever before, increased production capacity and more efficient distribution networks within this key market.

“This new partnership will allow us to strengthen our ties with our clients through being able to give them exclusive access to this great club,” Brennan says.

“Richmond has one of the strongest membership bases in the AFL with over 42,000 members and there will no doubt be some big fans amongst our clients and we will be providing as much access to the club and footy games as we can throughout the next three years.” 

Established in 1968, Signet hopes to leverage off the established brand power of Richmond FC (The Tigers).

“A major driver in the deal was for Signet to increase its company profile within the Australian corporate sector,” Brennan says.

“Despite the obvious benefits of launching a consumer division with a major sponsorship announcement, our motivations for partnering with Richmond go far deeper as we look to establish ourselves as a local and reputable company in these important states,” he says.

“Our sponsorship of the North Queensland Cowboy’s in Townsville has been absolutely pivotal to our success there and we strongly believe that this new deal will now allow us to drive strong growth for our client portfolio in 2011.”

As part of the relationship, Signet will also provide a wide range of products crucial to the running of the club including stationery, cleaning products and Signet’s very own unique and highly regarded line marking paint.

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale describes the partnership with Signet as an important decision, as the Club continues to build strength on and off the field.

“Like Richmond, Signet is a strong brand, committed to growing its business and becoming a leader in its field,” he says.

“Richmond is an evolving Club, relentless in its pursuit of success and this partnership is another step in the right direction,” Gale says.

The agreement includes logo representation on the players’ media shirts as well as stadium signage and corporate access.

Launching in early February, Signet’s ‘Your Buyer’s Guide’ will mark the official beginning to Signet’s new relationship with Richmond FC.

“This marks a very exciting time for us as we look to significantly increase our market share across our various departments,” Brennan says.

“2011 is looking to be a great year as we continue to improve upon our award winning service and engage new clients in new and exciting markets.”

http://www.supplychainreview.com.au/news/articleid/71749.aspx