Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 784254 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1095 on: June 30, 2012, 01:12:32 AM »
where did dwaino's post that summed up the capitalist system go?
No idea  :huh. The mods didn't delete anything.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1096 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:31 AM »
Lol about worrying about new tax.

The entire captalist comsumer paradium (sp drink) is flawed.

Its was written by a bloke pre industrial revolution, before humanity could understand there is only.so much of x resources on earth

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1097 on: June 30, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »

More trouble in paradise for Tony A.

Palmer blasts Liberals after anti-lobbyist motion fails

Mining magnate Clive Palmer's public feud with senior Liberal figures over the issue of lobbyists has taken centre stage at the party's national conference in Melbourne.

Mr Palmer has condemned the Liberal Party for failing to support a motion put forward by Mr Palmer's Queensland Branch to ban paid lobbyists from being members of the party's executive.

Mr Palmer has been involved in a spat with Federal Liberal Leader Tony Abbott over the role lobbyists play within the party.

But he did not speak on the motion at the Liberal Federal Council meeting because he did not think it was being debated until today.

Outside the conference, Mr Palmer told journalists he is disappointed with how the meeting is going.

"The resolutions look more like motherhoods: 'Here tick this box and everything will be fine'," he said.

"And hallelujah this looks like a Stalinist operation really where everyone gets up and hails the party leader and, you know, when I was at school in grades two and three I wasn't very good at following the leader."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-29/palmer-blasts-liberal-meeting-over-lobbyists/4101790
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1098 on: June 30, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »

Just Anti Abbott and the lies he told.

Still can't believe that intelligent people believed and still believe the crap that comes out of the Libs.

:cheers
can't beleive that so many people voted for Gillard after she lied to us over and over and over again.
Don't think she's capable of telling the truth.
But I guess many like yourself will forget all her lies to the "Australian people" and vote for her again.
If they kicked all the liars out of Parliament they'd be no one left :yep.

:clapping

dwaino

« Reply #1099 on: June 30, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
where did dwaino's post that summed up the capitalist system go?

Thought I yoinked it before anyone saw anything lol. And it's a different can of worms to this thread. I come here to chew fat and talk footy, so I decided I didn't want to get involved  :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1100 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »
I don't have high hopes of Tony being a great prime minister but I'm willing to give him a chance because Gillard is just that bad.

I know you disagree 1965(because you think shes one of the best PM's in history with her carbon tax) but ALP need to change her ASAP.

:sleep

1965 in your honest opinion do you believe that if Gillard keeps tracking along as she is doing that she will win the next election?

I would like to think that people will see through Abbott and his lies

and Julia hasn't already lied?........ Many many many times?

Some good work from you in here, Tigra. 65' ignores it of course. Abbott is our next leader and thank Geez that filthy Gillard will be gone. :clapping I'm no fan of Abbott but Gillard  :chuck

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:59:43 AM by one-eyed »

gerkin greg

« Reply #1101 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »
Some of his daughters are hot

Been a while since our PM had that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:51:36 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1102 on: July 02, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »
Some of his daughters are hot

Been a while since our PM had that.

Yep.

Edit: edited quote
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:52:29 AM by one-eyed »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1103 on: July 03, 2012, 06:18:08 AM »
Good family man is Abbott. One thing he's got over Juliar and whoever is leading the greens this week.

Passed on some good genes too. 

dwaino

« Reply #1104 on: July 03, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »
Trust you to check out his jeans.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1105 on: July 03, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »

I just wonder how long the Libs can keep up this toxic tax talk.

There is another 12 months to the next election.

This will be the biggest non-event since the GST.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

gerkin greg

« Reply #1106 on: July 03, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
I'd like to wake up and smell Tony's daughters in The Lodge

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1107 on: July 03, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1108 on: July 03, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen (twice)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1109 on: July 04, 2012, 06:45:58 AM »

Word is that Mal Brough will take a few down with him if he doesn't get pre-selection.

LNP star James McGrath cruels Mal Brough's return

MAL Brough's political comeback has been ambushed by the architect of the Liberal National Party's state election victory in Queensland.

James McGrath has won powerful backing to challenge the former Howard government minister in a preselection battle for the federal seat of Fisher, held by stood-aside Speaker Peter Slipper. Mr McGrath, who previously signalled he would run in the neighbouring Sunshine Coast seat of Fairfax, yesterday stunningly switched electorates with the support of LNP powerbrokers, increasingly concerned about Mr Brough's involvement in an anti-corruption probe and role in the sexual harassment case against Mr Slipper.

The move by Mr McGrath paves the way for Clive Palmer to run for preselection in Fairfax, after the mining billionaire dropped plans to contest Wayne Swan's Brisbane seat of Lilley.

Instead, Mr Palmer announced he was now seeking to be an LNP candidate in a different Queensland electorate, which he will name later this week.

Tony Abbott will be deeply dismayed by the developments after he publicly backed Mr Brough to be endorsed in Fisher, and also expressed reservations with the flamboyant but divisive Mr Palmer joining his team.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/lnp-star-james-mcgrath-cruels-mal-broughs-return/story-e6frgczx-1226416220647