Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 935014 times)

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1140 on: August 22, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
I am not interested and don't often get involved in politics because they are all self-serving, greedy, power hungry despots.

But I heard this via DLP member, who is a friend of mine despite fitting into the aforementioned political criteria.

I thought it was a bit of a conspiracy theory - Abbott is a devout Catholic but is leading a Free Mason dominated party.
If he wins power - will they change him out?

dwaino

« Reply #1141 on: August 22, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
I am not interested and don't often get involved in politics because they are all self-serving, greedy, power hungry despots.

But I heard this via DLP member, who is a friend of mine despite fitting into the aforementioned political criteria.

I thought it was a bit of a conspiracy theory - Abbott is a devout Catholic but is leading a Free Mason dominated party.
If he wins power - will they change him out?

Freemasonry isn't as big a deal any more. You can be a Freemason and be of any denomination as long as you believe in a maker/creator/divine being etc. A really good made of mine was/is a 13th degree in one order, he was into ariosophy, some thelemic practices and very, very... Err 'right wing.' His political opinions had absolutely no bearing on his position in the order. I wouldn't be surprised if at least a quarter of our federal politicians are, have been, or associated with freemasonry and Scottish Ritemasonry. Abbott is very evangelical so this would not be surprising at all. In fact that's my major beef with the bloke. I believe politics should be secular and it gets up my goat when he makes references to scripture or Geez.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1142 on: August 22, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Im sure abbot is hanging out, waiting for an invite to the Bohemian Grove.

That crap would be right up his alley.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #1143 on: August 22, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
Im sure abbot is hanging out, waiting for an invite to the Bohemian Grove.

That crap would be right up his alley.

In all seriousness, it would be.

We just might catch him in his budgie smugglers there next time Alex Jones sneaks in  :lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1144 on: August 23, 2012, 05:03:02 AM »
Good to see Tony being called out on his lies about the carbon tax and "illegal" asylum seekers.

How anybody can trust this man beggars belief.

Watch this clip and make up your own mind. For me, he a lying bastard pure and simple.

Tony Abbott blames carbon tax for 'uncertainty'

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the carbon price and mining tax are to blame for economic uncertainty in Australia while also responding to the language of asylum and the nature of speech in parliament.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-22/tony-abbott-blames-carbon-tax-for-uncertainty/4216308
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1145 on: August 23, 2012, 12:47:37 PM »
Shoots from the hip Tony.
If he wants to get elected he'd better start doing his research and providing facts and solid policy rather than spin.
As the election gets closer his curtain will get pulled back and hopefully expose him for what he is.

dwaino

« Reply #1146 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »
http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/leigh-sales-destroys-tony-abbott-the-second-by-second-recap/

It's the same video that '65 posted, but with a second by second recap so you can skip to the good bits.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1147 on: August 23, 2012, 06:33:47 PM »
 :lol
what a buffoon. If it wasnt so scary it would be funny that this bloke is the PM in waiting.

(The way he deflects has me convinced he and and Jackstar are one and the same :shh)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #1148 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
I've often thought that this is what he thinks too:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1149 on: August 29, 2012, 04:03:00 AM »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1150 on: August 29, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
Australia to link with European Union Emissions Trading Scheme in 2015

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/australia-to-link-with-european-union-emissions-trading-scheme-in-2015/story-fncynkc6-1226459993288

This is going to make it even harder for Tony Rabbot to appeal this law.

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1151 on: September 06, 2012, 06:03:02 AM »

Tony has been very quiet lately.

Maybe he thinks that is his best strategy.

:cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1152 on: September 06, 2012, 06:14:24 AM »

Malcolm's veiled attack on Tony Rabbitt

Cartoon: Ron Tandberg.

Turnbull targets cynical politics 
Michelle Grattan

LIBERAL frontbencher Malcolm Turnbull has condemned the ''deficit of trust'' in Australian politics, calling on MPs to avoid raising false expectations and misrepresenting opponents' positions.
Delivering the George Winterton lecture in Perth last night Mr Turnbull, a key pro-republic campaigner before the 1999 referendum, also admitted the direct election of a president - which he trenchantly opposed in the 1990s - ''may be the only bullet in the republican arsenal'', and could work.
And he has strongly attacked the narrow focus of Parliament question time, urging that the prime minister only appear on some days, leaving ministers to be probed on a wider range of issues.

''For the last two years the questions from the opposition have been almost entirely focused on people smuggling and the carbon tax. Are they really the only important issues facing Australia?'' he said.
He said this was not criticising Tony Abbott or Julia Gillard. ''There was a concentration of themes when I was leader and Kevin Rudd was prime minister. It is the consequence of having the Prime Minister the focus of question time every single day.''

Read more:
http://www.theage.com.au/national/turnbull-targets-cynical-politics-20120905-25ewb.html#ixzz25czA9lk9

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1153 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:48 AM »

Tony has been very quiet lately.

Maybe he thinks that is his best strategy.

:cheers

Yep. Damage control after his recent gaffes.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1154 on: September 06, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »
And so it begins.
Expect a challenge to Tony if the polls go pear shaped.

Turnbull hits out at political 'trust deficit'

Former Liberal leader Malcolm Turnbull has taken a swipe at his own party's tactics in Question Time, saying Australians have come to see the Federal Parliament as "nothing more than a forum for abuse, catcalling and spin".

Mr Turnbull made the comments in a wide-ranging speech on "Republican virtues" at the University of Western Australia last night.

He said the Opposition's questions for the past two years have been almost entirely focused on people smuggling and the carbon tax, and questioned whether they were the only important issues facing Australia.

"If you love your country, have an interest in politics or policy, and care deeply about our nation’s future, there is nothing more certain to arouse your fury and invite your contempt than listening to an entire House of Representatives Question Time," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-06/turnbull-takes-a-swipe-at-coalition-tactics/4245598