Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 784105 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

dwaino

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2762 on: September 26, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »
no, howard did the same, and he didnt hide the numbers.

pretty sure there has been more than 1 boat arrival under mr rabbit.

in the whole scheme of things, stopping the boats doesnt achieve much in terms standard of living in the country.

its really just a political side show

Of course there has been more than one. It is just a case of semantics. Now they stop them before they reach our waters and say that they didn't reach Australia, but they are still coming. If they weren't coming then spending millions in Cambodia for a processing center would be a massive waste. Stop the waste.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2763 on: September 26, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »
no, howard did the same, and he didnt hide the numbers.

pretty sure there has been more than 1 boat arrival under mr rabbit.

in the whole scheme of things, stopping the boats doesnt achieve much in terms standard of living in the country.

its really just a political side show

:clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2764 on: September 26, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »
the best anti terrorist protection in the world at the mcg, tomorrow

wow

good work thank you tony  :bow

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2765 on: September 26, 2014, 11:20:11 AM »
it reduces the temptation to enter our shores without the proper medicals and papers. We cant have anyone come here illegally without going through the process like everyone else has done and still are waiting.

Id like to know how many drownings happened under a Gillard led government vrs a Abbott one or doesn't that count either.

I guess it doesnt really make a difference to our standard of living when Abbott done what he set out to do, but if it was Gillard then it most certainly would matter.  :shh

I think people let their dislike for Abbott cloud their judgement, much like what i have done with Gillard at times.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2766 on: September 26, 2014, 12:48:57 PM »
Wed all like to know

But won't be happening thanks to your fascist mates . 88

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2767 on: September 26, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »
it reduces the temptation to enter our shores without the proper medicals and papers. We cant have anyone come here illegally without going through the process like everyone else has done and still are waiting.
IT is not illegal to seek asylum, in fact you cannot seek asylum within your own country. perhaps this is one problem with the system, but then again, when your country is a war torn crap hole, it probably doesnt matter as the logistics of claiming asylum from whithin is pretty messed up. the majority of people who arrive by boat seeking asylum turn out to be legitimate refugees. It is the ones that come in by plane that mostly have their applications rejected.
Id like to know how many drownings happened under a Gillard led government vrs a Abbott one or doesn't that count either.
of course that matters. no is suggesting it doesent. also dont forget it was the rudd that overturned howards policies, which saw an obvious increase in boat arrivals due to policy change.

I guess it doesnt really make a difference to our standard of living when Abbott done what he set out to do, but if it was Gillard then it most certainly would matter.  :shh
not sure how you came to that conclusion

I think people let their dislike for Abbott cloud their judgement, much like what i have done with Gillard at times.

thats a fair enough point, because it most definately happens. i make no secret of my dislike for abbot, but my point is this;

if the best thing you can say about a prime minister is that he achieved one thing, which is a fair way down the list of important things that actually affect his subjects' day to day lives, and he has done that by basically putting back into place what a previous government already did, is that really a great achievement?

people post on here that RFC accepts mediocrity, but when it comes to important things, like those governing our lives, we truly have come to accept mediocrity. It is a sad state of affairs when the barrackers of political parties argue not about which party is the best, but which one is the worst, and continually use the wrong doings/incompetence of one side to justify the wrong doings/incompetence of the other.

Politicians of all persuasions treat us with disdain and contempt, and collectively we probably deserve it, because we just accept it, like bleating sheep.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2768 on: September 26, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »
Muslim women threatened abused on Melbourne streets

Classy

tony_montana

« Reply #2770 on: September 26, 2014, 04:51:58 PM »
Mosque overflowing with mourners at that terrorist's funeral today  - show of solidarity

tony_montana

« Reply #2771 on: September 26, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
organising a protest now too in response to that terrorist being killed. Going to join them JR?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2772 on: September 26, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
Yep wasn'ta ccriminal doing the same crap that happens daily in this country

It was an EVIL terrorist

Proper justification to abuse Muslim ladies or bomb more places

Going to enlist in the army to save Australia tm?

tony_montana

« Reply #2773 on: September 26, 2014, 05:17:43 PM »

Can say Im not surprised in the slightest that your peabrain opinion slants this so its everyone else's fault except for that extremist turd.

Yeah JR, wankers plan to stab and behead  cops everyday(and almost pull it off). But nah, its all a conspiracy, never happened - the gvt contrived it all just so they could pass terror laws, kid was innocent

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2774 on: September 26, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
whether deliberate or not, the media reporting on such things only drives hatred, fear, intolerance and division.

are not those who make threats against random people based soley on that person being a Muslim no better than the mentals?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI