Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 750911 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4110 on: August 24, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »
Who cares that snowflakes and conservatives are clashing? I said there's a bit of Beazley vs Latham about it and there certainly is. At the top it's playing out exactly as it did in 03. Yes, the Libs are divided internally but who cares.
Yeah who cares if the government is beyond dysfunctional because the Libs are at civil war and our parliament had to be shutdown because it could no longer operate  ::). Time for an election now and throw this LNP circus mob out!

Why is Latham a lunatic? He's extremely popular actually dude...you might wanna follow politics a little more
Latham is only "popular" amongst the after the dark Sky News nutters that few watch  :laugh:. Seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're putting your hopes in Latham  :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4111 on: August 24, 2018, 12:31:46 PM »
Spill is on now.

It's turning more and more into a farce. Moderate Warren Entsch had to sign Dutton's petition to get the 43 signatures and he only did so to end the stalemate and make the party meeting go ahead.

Turnbull has said he is quitting parliament which will force a by-election if he does so immediately and put the new leader into a minority government  :laugh:. Word is if Morrison or Bishop wins then he'll stay until the election but he's threatened to quit straight away if Dutton wins.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4112 on: August 24, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »
Spill motion was 45 for and 40 against. So 40 Lib MPs wanted Turnbull to remain PM. Shows once again that the Liberal party is split in two. Whoever is leader will have the other half of the party sniping them.

Bishop, Dutton and Morrison officially running to be the new PM.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4113 on: August 24, 2018, 12:44:28 PM »
Bishop eliminated. Down to Dutton or Morrison.

Edit: ABC saying Bishop will now quit politics.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4114 on: August 24, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »
ABC saying Morrison is the new PM.

dwaino

« Reply #4115 on: August 24, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »
Australia is too soft for a leader like Dutton so it will get the soy boy it deserves.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4116 on: August 24, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »
45-40 to Morrison over Dutton. Once again a divided vote.

So the hardline conservatives that backed Dutton and forced all this chaos have only seen a PM they hated replaced with someone they also don't like  :wallywink. What idiots! lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4117 on: August 24, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
Australia is too soft for a leader like Dutton so it will get the soy boy it deserves.
We're too soft for a bigot who showed this week he is also clueless about basic economics?

dwaino

« Reply #4118 on: August 24, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »
Anyone I disagree with is a nutter and a bigot.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4119 on: August 24, 2018, 01:01:07 PM »
Josh Frydenberg is the new deputy Lib leader.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4120 on: August 24, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »
Anyone I disagree with is a nutter and a bigot.
Show me where I've called Morrison, Bishop, Frydenberg, Turnbull or most normal Libs nutters or bigots? It's the extremists on the far right and their sycophants in the media (News Corp) that caused this mess. They have undermined and brought down this government based purely on blind ideology that would have Menzies turning in his grave.

As for Dutton: what do you call someone who dog whistles and doesn't hesitate to bag indigenous Australians, Lebanese and African Australians and migrants, yet is silent about a "white" gang that has smashed and robbed restaurants and last night also robbed a bottle shop in the outer Western suburbs over the past month? Thankfully, the cops caught two of the thugs today. I won't hold my breath waiting for Dutton to exclaim "Melburnians are frightened to go out to restaurants due to white gangs"  ::).

What do you call a media organisation that gives ex-crim and Hitler lover Blair Cottrell a free range unchallenged hour to spew out his hate-filled bile? 

What do you call a group on the LNP backbench and their media supporters like Bolt who believe scientists are left-wing plotters that have made up AGW & climate change to impose Marxism and de-industralise the Western World?  :rollin

I would say calling them nutters and/or bigots is being generous lol :yep.

dwaino

« Reply #4121 on: August 24, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
Everyone of your posts where you don’t agree with someone they are a looney or a nutter

You’re so wrong about my mate Blair too, and if you were to follow your own posting advice I’d retract those comments while an actual court case is going on where the state government who support censorship and fabricating news, like actual Nazis, have been on his arse for years  :shh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4122 on: August 24, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
I demand a spill for leadership of this thread.

Me vs the mods. Vote for who you want to have modship of the politics thread.

Under my leadership you will be allowed to support fantastic politicians such as Duttsy without being ridiculed :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4123 on: August 24, 2018, 06:43:18 PM »
 :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4124 on: August 24, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »
Everyone of your posts where you don’t agree with someone they are a looney or a nutter

You’re so wrong about my mate Blair too, and if you were to follow your own posting advice I’d retract those comments while an actual court case is going on where the state government who support censorship and fabricating news, like actual Nazis, have been on his arse for years  :shh
You winding me up about Cottrell, dwaino?  :huh

Nasty MT picking on poor old, woman-hating, jew-hating, done 19 months jail for arson, etc ... Blair  for no reason :rollin.

The good thing about the internet is nothing people politically say or do in the past on social media is ever deleted. Comes in very handy when you see a vile tweet but the coward deletes it to try and hide and deny what they posted  ;).

Cottrell speaking under a false name "Bruce" from Port Phillip Prison (as an inmate): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyr_4x_n3Rg

There's more examples of his anti-semitic views on the internet that anyone can find :help

He's bitter loser who blames everyone else for his own miserable hate-filled existence :nopity. Poor little sook can't grow up!  :sleep
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:49:55 AM by WilliamPowell »