Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751960 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5280 on: July 12, 2020, 01:52:13 PM »

I will be replying to all the things that's been directed at me this pass fortnight this coming weekend when I have some time

My intention was to reply to all the stuff directed at me over the last fortnight today

But today family has to come first. After a pretty emotional day yesterday finishing off the cleaning out of my late Father in law's house for settlement next week... my family needs me more than this forum

I hope people will respect that.

Will only be posting about footy for the next few days

go tigers
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5281 on: July 14, 2020, 08:48:47 AM »

Not the only reason but interesting. Certainly someone stuffed up mightily employing security guards to watch the Hotels under quarantine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-11/fuel-spark-victoria-response-virus-public-health-bushfire/12443982

"[In] shared homes with additional generations or just a large family, it can be very difficult to stop that single ember from continuing this bushfire," says the University of NSW's Professor Mary-Louise McLaws.

"We could have put [family clusters] out very rapidly had we gone to explain to them in their own language — and to their further community — what's going on, so that if they see a spark, they act on it immediately with testing and keeping at home."

Professor McLaws says the community is never to blame.

"It's always the lack of leadership by epidemiologists, infection control experts, the government. We the people are only as good as the advice and the support that we're given," she says.

"I believe that we are beholden to look after our multicultural community. It has to be done with their culture, in their language, so they fully get it."

so you waited until some abc link became available and thought you would get in first. :lol :lol

We tried to tell you, but you decided to go missing before conceding what most knew already.

The ALP are in tatters, and so is Dan the man Andrews. He wont be able to hide behind the level crossings anymore. That is of course he doesnt do a bracks and leaves beforehand.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5282 on: July 14, 2020, 08:57:10 AM »
^

Those level crossings are great tho you have to admit :D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5283 on: July 14, 2020, 09:19:12 AM »
^

Those level crossings are great tho you have to admit :D

never said they weren't. I said it wont save him. There are people who voted for him, only for this and i speak to many with my job. Most wont be voting for it this time around and with a government in tatters, good luck. He will see a massive swing, similar to ted from toorak back a decade ago

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5284 on: July 14, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »
more incompetence, and now dodging questions

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/victorians-in-selfquarantine-sent-allclear-text-alert-by-mistake/news-story/249ec3a2d01350aa24aeebed39635699

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/politics/straightforward-question-premier-daniel-andrews-dodged-on-hotel-quarantine/news-story/60a9f1ab6fa68754874fc8540c31cf36

what i find odd is no one is bagging trump anymore. Could it be that we have an absolute fool running this state, the same way those people suggested the states was run.

Not even the states had people screwing hotel guests. That is right up there, and i wonder how many of these deaths are as a result of that cluster.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5285 on: July 14, 2020, 07:41:12 PM »
For me the onus is still on the security guard. I would just imagine it’s common decency to not shack up with someone who is in quarantine during a pandemic.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5286 on: July 14, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »

what i find odd is no one is bagging trump anymore. Could it be that we have an absolute fool running this state, the same way those people suggested the states was run.

Not even the states had people screwing hotel guests. That is right up there, and i wonder how many of these deaths are as a result of that cluster.

Funny you should mention Trump Frankie.

I joked with soemone the other day perhaps Dan should have taken Trump's "do less tests, we'll have less cases" approach.  :rollin

Seriously though, I think people have stopped bagging Trump because (1) things are totally out of control over there with cases and deaths increasing at massive rate, (2) he is heading for an huge election loss and (3) people's focus is on what we are dealing with.

And just to clarify the USA did not have a hotel quarantine program. They had very few protocols, especially when they started opening things up

And an interesting number that I heard at i think it was yesterday's presser was our daily total of positive cases is the same number of new cases they record every 10 minutes.

Still think despite everything that is happening here, we are all relieved we are here and not there

Just my take
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5287 on: July 15, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
People i know who were blasting trump have now gone missing, because they are generally dan supporters. They have a country that has 350 million, so of course there will be more deaths.

They aren't even the worse performing country. Anyway this is australia politics so lets discuss the performance of the great alp.

I even see that some of these blokes have now spread the covid into NSW.

I suppose that is our fault too Dan.

The media are going to town on him and with good reason.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5288 on: July 15, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
For me the onus is still on the security guard. I would just imagine it’s common decency to not shack up with someone who is in quarantine during a pandemic.

so you blame the security guards who shouldnit have been there in the first place.

also their fault that request for help from the government was denied from day one.

buck stops with the guy in charge, its actually that simple.

he has blood on his hands and should step aside now unfortunately.

That would be the right thing to do

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5289 on: July 15, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »
Need to acknowledge that this is a health issue not a political one.

Outbreak could have started anywhere and to be honest I suspect we might just need to learn to live with C19 forever.

Most of the issues with C19 come down to people (masses), not policy. The policies are fine - people just need to follow them properly.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5290 on: July 16, 2020, 06:51:25 AM »

JobSeeker, Job Keeper, Home Builder and now another one.

JobTrainer.

And what is it?

Just another existing program in a rebadged TAFE program.

Honestly Scotty from Marketing does it again.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/government-s-2-billion-jobtrainer-plan-to-help-school-leavers-and-unemployed-20200715-p55cev.html

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5291 on: July 16, 2020, 07:44:06 AM »
Scotty from marketing doing a great job. Keeping Australia from going into freefall from the stupidity and incompetence of state labor governments.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5292 on: July 16, 2020, 08:32:05 AM »
Scotty from marketing doing a great job. Keeping Australia from going into freefall from the stupidity and incompetence of state labor governments.

A bit of accuracy please. Incompetent state Labor governments? Does that include the Labor governments of Queensland and Western Australia? Not to mention the ACT and the NT.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5293 on: July 17, 2020, 12:03:24 AM »

Funny you should mention Trump Frankie.

I joked with soemone the other day perhaps Dan should have taken Trump's "do less tests, we'll have less cases" approach.  :rollin

Seriously though, I think people have stopped bagging Trump because (1) things are totally out of control over there with cases and deaths increasing at massive rate, (2) he is heading for an huge election loss and (3) people's focus is on what we are dealing with.

And just to clarify the USA did not have a hotel quarantine program. They had very few protocols, especially when they started opening things up

And an interesting number that I heard at i think it was yesterday's presser was our daily total of positive cases is the same number of new cases they record every 10 minutes.

Still think despite everything that is happening here, we are all relieved we are here and not there

Just my take

people are focused on the total incompetence of the victorian ALP led by dan the man and his corrupt bunch of cronies.

lets not deflect from the real issue here now shall we WP :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5294 on: July 17, 2020, 12:09:59 AM »
Need to acknowledge that this is a health issue not a political one.

Outbreak could have started anywhere and to be honest I suspect we might just need to learn to live with C19 forever.

Most of the issues with C19 come down to people (masses), not policy. The policies are fine - people just need to follow them properly.

so you didnt pass judgement on scomo during the busfires, which was a state health issue not a federal? Just need to keep it consistent.

pretty sure there is a bit of content back there. Also any recent comment on the alp corruption or is that only reserved for the sports rots scandal. :lol