Author Topic: Krakouer and Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game  (Read 4380 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Krakouer and Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 07:28:07 PM »
Tambling has already put 2.5kg of muscle on to a 72kg frame, and with his dazzling smile, shock of curly black hair and level-headed nature looms as an exceptional marketing commodity.

More muscle though at only 72kgs he still got a fair way to go -  :bow :bow

Level Headed - have to agree - spoken to him a couple of times and he comes across as very level headed young man and he is a real extrovert :bow :thumbsup

I have no doubt he will play senior footy in 2005 - at least 15 games I reckon :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 11:21:24 PM »
Tambling ain't doing too badly by all reports  :).

from footygoss.com (to half-time)

Richard Tambling, eager to show his home state what he is capable of, has also exhibited excellent form throughout the match.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 02:02:30 AM »
All hail King Richard  :thumbsup :cheers
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 05:14:39 AM »
From the Age:

All that Richard Tambling, drafted from Darwin to Richmond in November, needed to do to get cheered was run onto his home ground. He did lots more. Already carrying a stronger body, Tambling threaded a left-foot pass to Hawk Harry Miller at the start of the second quarter and was kicking with his right boot minutes later.

He wasn't listed in the best players but got some decent rapts nevertheless. I didn't see the game so I would be interested to get views from those here who had fox footy.

Glad both Krakouer and Tambling got through injury-free.

Bulluss

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »
i have only watched up to mid way through the third qtr so far and Tambling is going to be a gun!!

He isnt out of his league playing in this standard and looks to very calm under pressure, has had plenty of touches so far.

Krak has had a very ordinary game so far.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 12:11:18 PM »
I watched most of it last night until half way through the final quarter. That ABC guy doing the special comments (Bill Martin IIRC) sent me to sleep with his..er.. special ... um.. comments.

Tambling was terrific - his reading of the play excellent. First word that came to mind was - SILKY ;)

Andy Krakouer - was he playing? :lol Seriously sat inthe forward pocket - don't know why he wasn't given a run in the mid-field.

And just on the Bulldogs - there'd been alot of talk of then bulking up. Their usual crew of skin and bone still look all skin and bone eg McMahon. And isn't Gianseracusia (sp?) allowed to kick it more than 15 metres? All he did was short pass and miss the target most times ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 02:58:31 PM »
It was good to see Tambling with genuine time in the midfield...and he didn't seem overawed by it.  :thumbsup

Seemed keen to get back and play on Wednesday as well... :rollin
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2005, 04:42:09 PM »
Tambling was pretty impressive overall.

He seems very level headed and does the right thing more often than not. His vision is really good and he is very sharp with his handballing. Even though he stuffed up his disposal a few times he looked very composed for a young guy.

The only thing I was disappointed with was his speed. He is pretty fast but he isn't devastatingly fast. A minor worry though, because he seems to have a good footy brain which ultimately is the most important thing.

As for Krakouer, he had bulked up a bit but still had no definition and I'd say the majority of the bulk was fat. Doubt he has the fitness to play midfield. Disappointing becuase there was really a spot up for grabs in the midfield for him this year, but don't be surprised to see him in the forward pocket all year. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 03:24:41 AM »
Thanks guys for the reports :thumbsup. Bonus for the Club is Tambling got the chance to get his first game nerves out of the way as well as the confidence he can match it with the big boys albeit in a exhibition game. Can't wait to see him play live.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005, 09:17:40 AM »
Agree with MT - We have to keep our expectations at a realistic level re: Delidio and Tambs but they are showing good signs.

One thing I noticed in the all stars game was Tambling just seems to be one of those players that just seems to know exactly where the ball is going to be or come out. (He's just there) There aren't too many players like this it seems to be that unexplained commodity these sorts of players have, sort of like you say (A ball magnet)  :thumbsup

Bulluss

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »
Interesting to note the Tambling was listed as the 4th best player for the all stars in the review on the Age website.

I also remember at one stage the commentator on ABC said that Tambling had bought his own footy, i know he had a few touches but would be interested to know exactly what his stats were.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005, 05:03:30 PM »
Bull - a member on yellowandblack (Roar) kept stats for him while watching TV. Yep, that is keen. ;D
According to Roar, Tambling had 13 kicks, 8 H/B, 2 marks, 2 tackles & 2 behinds.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005, 05:05:23 PM »
wasn't overly impressed.