Author Topic: Wayne Campbell on 3aw @ 6.35pm  (Read 1525 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wayne Campbell on 3aw @ 6.35pm
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »
Media Alert: Assistant Coach Wayne Campbell will be on @3aw693 at apx 6.35pm AEDT #gotiges

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Wayne Campbell on 3aw @ 6.35pm
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
Cambo on with Healy and Russell.....

* Won't be commenting on what other clubs do but Hardwick when he came in said to the players that unless you've got part-time work or study then you won't be playing senior footy. They have a day off so they have time. In the development program we have you score points from studying and you require a certain number of points to play senior footy.

* Healy said training use to be 4-8pm but now professionalism means they have to finish by 5pm. Could they do 25-30 hours study and not affect their footy? Cambo said our boys have Wednesday off (so 12 hours there) and then there's night time other days. They are not there from 8am - 6pm so there's plenty of time to study.

* Still 7 weeks away from round 1 but playing the indigenous allstars on Friday. Playing a pretty good side. Young guys looking forward to playing a formidable team. We've got most of our kids from the past two drafts playing plus some senior guys like Morton and Connors and others like Vickery who've been around a few years.

* Yep you'll hear the "playing for round 1" cliche a fair bit over the next 7 weeks.

* Cambo reckons we'll have everyone available for round 1. Most players have done the work and hopefully they have a better understanding of how we do things after 12 months (under Dimma).

* Miller has paid his way already with his leadership and helping out our young guys. Maybe a super sub. Play forward or back.

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
I wish that soft kick chaser would just rack off to somewhere else.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
Was interesting reading Cousins book recently how much time he had for Campbo. Gets a bum wrap from the uninformed.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:29:04 PM »

Gets a bum wrap from the uninformed.

:thumbsup  In so many ways.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:36:53 PM by smokey_58au »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
I seriously don't understand the angst against Campbell. The guy bled yellow and black. IMHO he was a champ on and off the field.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »
I seriously don't understand the angst against Campbell. The guy bled yellow and black. IMHO he was a champ on and off the field.

Say what you like about his playing career - he wasn't everyones cup of tea but he has been all class off field from what I've seen.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:05 PM »
I still remember a supporter, in front of me in the Southern Stand RFC members, disliking the way Cambo played so much that he crossed his arms and refused to clap or cheer for a goal because Cambo chipped kick the ball through off one step. The guy even turned to his mate next to him and said "and that's why I hate Campbell!". There's just not pleasing some supporters :nup lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
I agree.

Was a goodd player and seems to be a professional now.

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
OK fair enough, he might be handy as a coach, and Cuz would know I suppose.  However, watching him play over many years convinced me that he fell well short in many crucial areas.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »
Was one of our best players in the last 20 odd years. Dunno about being all professional off field though...

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »
Was one of our best players in the last 20 odd years.

That's a sad indictment on our list

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
The bloke was an All Australian and 4 time B&F winner (and had many other good finishes).

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
Was one of our best players in the last 20 odd years. Dunno about being all professional off field though...

On what do you base that comment?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
Leaking info