Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 4596 times)

FNM

Death Penalty
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »
Do any of you support the death penalty?  Any circumstances where you would support it?

gerkin greg

Re: Death Penalty
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
For Eddie McGuire. Yes.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »
Yep, a lot of people forfeit their right to be on this earth IMO.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »
Not a huge fan but if someone is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to have violently murdered an innocent person and enjoyed what they did, then they do not deserve to be on this earth. An example of a yes for me would be that prick Mark Galante who murdered his pregnant wife and only gets 20 years!! If you don't know the circumstances, here is the story...
http://www.news.com.au/cold-blooded-wife-killer-jailed/story-e6frfkp9-1111116036861

Ox

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »
Do any of you support the death penalty?  Any circumstances where you would support it?

any more than 3 turnovers a game = Death Penalty

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:09:26 PM »
Cant happen due Federal Parliament passing law last year that prevent the death penalty from being reintroduced by any state or territory in Australia. But I believe it should if someone is proven without a shadow of a doubt of being a serial killer then it should be a sentencing option for the judge to use if they see fit.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »

Then our club goes down the drain

FNM

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
Cant happen due Federal Parliament passing law last year that prevent the death penalty from being reintroduced by any state or territory in Australia. But I believe it should if someone is proven without a shadow of a doubt of being a serial killer then it should be a sentencing option for the judge to use if they see fit.
I would rather see them rot in jail. Death is a barbaric, quick and an easy fix. They don't deserve that! They need to pay.
And I'd like to see the paedophiles put in mainstream prisons, not tucked away at Acacia or wherever they are.
And fix the legal system so that the sentence fits the crime FFS.

FNM

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 05:21:46 PM »

I'd make an exception though on this lol

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
No. Collingwood need their members, otherwise there's no good reason to hate them anymore.
Push up!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »
No need for the death penalty per-se, just need to get creative.

Drop them 1600m off Seal Rocks in the middle of a pool of burly, and 20kgs of  cow innards strapped around their waste. Let nature take it's course.

You make land, you cop a beating from your victims.   

gerkin greg

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 11:40:01 PM »
"Death is barbaric"  :lol
Death is reality

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »
But Moi, Galante will get out in 20 years while his wife will never see the light of day again and his unborn child never got the chance. How is that justice? In the meantime he's getting his 3 square whilst living behind bars. This prick also pleaded with a full dose of crocodile tears for someone to find his wife on national television.

Stuff lethal injection! I recommend death by being slowly devoured by hungry pigs like Mason Verger in Hannibal.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
I guess we live in a society that believes in rehabilitation for all who offend. That's why the death penalty won't be reintroduced and sentences are on the short side of reasonable.

I believe that makes our society more advanced than one which dispenses justice based on 'an eye for an eye', however, the problem is not everyone can be rehabilitated.

There are certain crimes which the punishment doesn't fit the crime. 

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
I can't support the death penalty because there have always been instances where the person put to death has been shown some time after to be innocent or likely not the one who committed the crime. One wrong death penalty is one too many, for me.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott