Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt injured or not?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Jack Riewoldt injured or not?
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
It's SEN so I'll take it with a grain of salt but Hartford just said there's word going around that Jack may have injured himself (no details) at training this morning. The Club is saying they haven't heard anything. Hopefully just more crappy SEN speculation.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt injured or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »
SEN sms said Jack landed awkwardly at training and hurt his knee. Club says he has only jarred the knee and there's no structural damage. Jack won't now play on Friday night in Alice Springs though.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
Phew!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
Riewoldt knee scare

RICHMOND spearhead Jack Riewoldt has been cleared of any structural damage after jarring his knee at training on Tuesday.

Riewoldt, 22, landed awkwardly in a marking contest during a training session at Victoria Park sparking speculation on local radio that he had sustained a major injury.

While he did spend the rest of the session on the sidelines with the joint iced, club officials later confirmed no lasting damage had been suffered during the incident.

However, given Riewoldt's importance to the side, it was also confirmed he won't be joining his teammates in Alice Springs for Friday night's NAB Challenge match against Port Adelaide.

Riewoldt has played 68 games for the Tigers since being selected in the first round of the 2006 NAB AFL Draft and will be hoping to build on a stellar 2010 season that saw him take out the Coleman Medal with 78 goals and the Jack Dyer Medal as his club's best and fairest player.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=108236
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
So it season over before it starts.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Craig Cameron on 3aw talking about Jack
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
Craig Cameron was just on 3aw:

* Good news in the sense there's no structural damage.

* We expect Jack to play next week (NAB week 3). He won't play this Friday night.

* Scans have shown no structural damage. We will wait though for the knee to settle down before playing him.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »
whats more important than jacks knee being right is the fact we need to find another forward and fast.

Jack might as well be called Richo until we find some new players who can kick goals
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
With a stronger midfield in this Friday night there shouldn't be any excuses about lack of delivery. A chance for Vickery and Post (if he plays forward) to put their hands up if they want to play alongside Jack in round 1. Miller as well but for the long-term we want our young talls to make a impression and step up.

As for Jack hopefully Dr Death is right about the scans showing no structural damage. It always feels like it is our best players that are the ones who cop the serious injuries  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Riewoldt knee fine (RFC)
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
Riewoldt knee fine
richmondfc.com.au
By Jason Phelan
7:18 PM Tue 22 Feb, 2011

RICHMOND spearhead Jack Riewoldt underwent scans on Tuesday and has been cleared of any structural damage after jarring his knee at training.

Riewoldt, 22, landed awkwardly during a training session at Victoria Park sparking speculation on local radio that he had sustained a major injury, but Tigers' general manager of football operations Craig Cameron later confirmed no lasting damage had been suffered during the incident.

"It's good news that there's no structural damage or any long-term damage for Jack," Cameron told 3AW radio.

"The scans have shown no structural damage. We've just got to wait and see how it settles down, but … from being pretty nervous when the incident first happened we're all pretty comfortable that it's only a one-week issue.

"We expect that he'll play in our NAB Challenge game next week, but he won't play in Alice Springs."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/108248/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:55:18 PM »
and from Jack himself on twitter...

"Knee all good, just landed awkwardly. Disappointed I can't play this weekend but I should be right by NAB 3!!"

http://twitter.com/JackRiewoldt08

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
It always feels like it is our best players that are the ones who cop the serious injuries  :-\.
Knowing our luck Cotchin will break an arm, Foley's foot will fall off and Martin will contract some obscure condition which is only known by the pygmies on Bora Bora.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »

This is a useless post when you know damn well that what you are communicating is completely false. If your sole intention is to create upset with the posters of this board then stuff off, go troll somewhere else and take your evil intentions with you.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 07:28:52 AM »

This is a useless post when you know damn well that what you are communicating is completely false. If your sole intention is to create upset with the posters of this board then eff off, go troll somewhere else and take your evil intentions with you.

Not completely sure Roger but i think Tigermad was talking tongue in cheek! Maybe TM2011 needed to add a :whistle or a :rollin or even a  :lol

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »

This is a useless post when you know damn well that what you are communicating is completely false. If your sole intention is to create upset with the posters of this board then eff off, go troll somewhere else and take your evil intentions with you.

Not completely sure Roger but i think Tigermad was talking tongue in cheek! Maybe TM2011 needed to add a :whistle or a :rollin or even a  :lol

No he wasn't i'm afraid.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »

No he wasn't i'm afraid.

explain please

is it serious or not

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.