Author Topic: Chris Newman [merged]  (Read 93912 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Chris Newman [merged]
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »
In the end he is still a 28/29 Half Back Flanker and they are dime a dozen. He is struggling big time and I get the feeling he only has 2 years maybe 3 years tops left in the game.

Ox

« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »
well then we should sack him years end..
Does nothing really.
Useless game he has,
Link up player in backline,shocking disposal at times,hell- i dont get it??
Indicative of many things at the ckub.

I remember when Wallace was sacked- Newman was like a wacko mute when it came to the media.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:18 AM »
i think the problem is we expect more but the facts are he is just a plodder.

it makes me laugh when he gets asked about Cotch taking over, his reply is normally he is not ready or im not ready to give it over just yet.

Someone should tell him Cotch has already passed him in every department so he should do the noble thing and step aside.

We need leaders who can win matches not plodders

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
Cotch dont need the added preasure of Captain at present. Just let him enjoy him football.

Cotchin will be the captain when he holds our next premiership Cup aloft  :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »

it makes me laugh when he gets asked about Cotch taking over, his reply is normally he is not ready or im not ready to give it over just yet.

Someone should tell him Cotch has already passed him in every department so he should do the noble thing and step aside.

I agree. Newman is struggling and is kicking like Jackson at the minute.
Cotch is already the gameday captain he fights hard all game, leads by example and even when he's getting smashed by the opposition still comes out on top.
I saw him on channel 7 game day show on Sunday morning and he gave Jack a tongue in cheek slap about his form in the forward line this year. I reckon he half meant it and was letting everyone know that how Jack is playing at the moment is unacceptable.

Cotchin for captain asap.
The club that keeps giving.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
Deledio imho has shown he is up for the captaincy too.... He is different to Cotchin but just as important... Make them joint captains next year and Newman if he can't hit targets any more well its time to give it up... He has gone from being our best kick to a Jackson

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
Actually, i am normally against the dual captaincy approach but I think Lids and Cotch would make a great combination. They would complement each other nicely I reckon. Not a bad idea, Username.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »

stuffing A :thumbsup

Captaincy is overrated. Any bloke can go and toss a coin and say a few words before the game. Real leadership is shown on the field and Cotch is the best leader we have had in a long, long time. Seriously, the Chimp is going to drag our sorry asses over the line in quite a few games this year.

Newman is an okay player. Nothing more. Gets half his possesions kicking it to himself from full back and also getting handballs off blokes that can't kick (which is fair enough because we want the blokes who can kick with the ball in their hands). Not sure I have seen Chris put on a match winning performance for us by going and getting his own ball and putting us on his back like Richo, Chimp, Deledio, Knights, Brown etc have all done in the past. Solid player, nothing more. Hand the stuffing captaincy to Chimp ASAP.

Ox

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »
stuffen "chimp" lmao

best one ever

Ruanaidh

« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
I really wanted to start a thread like this but didn't want to be accused of being a serial bagger....but you are right to do so.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
What did John Kenedy famously say  :huh

Don't think, just DO

Or something along those lines

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
i never think,Willy dear.
Never....

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »
Love the Chimp  :thumbsup
Newy has been the captain through dark and dirty times though  :thumbsup

So im gonna ask since this is on the table now, when Newy injured himself and Chimp assumed leadership duties.. was it coincidental the boat was being steered in a different direction and we won a number of games and looked better on field, or was it.... end of season, no pressure on us, lets win a few and say we did our job and go on holidays??  :-\
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Ox

« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
maybe he has more to offer the club from the
 sideline?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2012, 09:53:39 PM »
i never think,Willy dear.