Author Topic: Brendon Gale on MMM  (Read 2895 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendon Gale on MMM
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
Media Alert: CEO Brendon Gale to be on MMM Hot Breakfast at 7.20am tomorrow morning
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:29:51 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brendon Gale on MMM
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »
Apparently Benny's interview has been pushed to tomorrow (Friday) instead.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 04:31:18 AM »
Summary

* Playstation mentality is a myth. Football is a full time job. Actually more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Players do 20 sessions a week - skills, running, weights, yoga, opposition analysis, marketing, community work. They watch what they eat and don't eat. It consumes your life. It's a demanding life for players.

* Felt compassion for Fev after seeing the footy show interview firstly; unsurprised by the relevations though. But there comes a time when you've got to take responsibility; He needs to take responsibility for himself as it's hurt his career.

* Fighting Tiger Fund is more than a debt demolition. We need to address our debt not because it can't be manage but because it restrcits our investment in the club to build success. Important functions coming throughout the year but no more important than Thursday night. Mick Molloy wrote Benny a cheque for $5000.

* Eddie said he started as a journo in 1982 and that the Tigers always seem to be 3 years into a 5 year plan. Benny replied they he couldn't find any 5 years plans. There's been 5 years hopes and 5 year wishes but no plans. We know where we are at and where we are going. We know we've got a long way to go. We are inspired by what Collingwood have done and where Collingwood are at and we want to knock you off and get great enjoyment from it. Eddie mentioned that Anzac Day came from the 1977 Richmond vs Collingwood game which was massive. Sheedy never forgot that and that's where the idea came from. Sadly Richmond lost their way and marginalised themselves but they now have a great team with Gale and Hardwick.

* Eddie said a super businessman spoke to him on Thursday and is coming down from Sydney to hand Richmond a big fat cheque. So the troops are rallying.

* Benny said all focus on March 17 function which will be at the new ME Bank Centre. Still a few spots available. This will roll into round 1.

Audio:
http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/378302368699184561/1/TripleMsHotBreakfastWithEddieMcGuire11thMarch.mp3

Offline Tigers Lets Roar

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »

* Eddie said a super businessman spoke to him on Thursday and is coming down from Sydney to hand Richmond a big fat cheque. So the troops are rallying.

Can anyone add to this?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »
Thats funny, I always though that Terry and Greg Miller had a five year plan. ::)
Think Eddie is right here Benny.
I also think Benny is on the right track though :thumbsup
keep up the good work Ben

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:49:56 PM »
Thats funny, I always though that Terry and Greg Miller had a five year plan. ::)
I read it as though people spoke about having one, but when you actually looked there wasn't really one there

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »
I read it as though people spoke about having one, but when you actually looked there wasn't really one there
That is exactly what this means;
Benny replied they he couldn't find any 5 years plans. There's been 5 years hopes and 5 year wishes but no plans
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »
Five year plan :whistle

Yep to keep their jobs for another 5 years at double the pay.  Anyone seen the blueprint - LOL or are we just repeating rhetoric  :cheers

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »
You know that until barrassi's five year plan at Melbourne, 5 years plans were very successful.

Perhaps some would just be happier if the club kept meandering down the path to nowhere it has for the last 30 years. The saying that you don't plan to fail but fail to plan is just stupid anyway.   :whistle

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
You know that until barrassi's five year plan at Melbourne, 5 years plans were very successful.

Perhaps some would just be happier if the club kept meandering down the path to nowhere it has for the last 30 years. The saying that you don't plan to fail but fail to plan is just stupid anyway.   :whistle

Nothing wrong with Barassi's plan - 2 years later the Demons were a Jimmy Stynes mistake away from a GF and then 4 consecutive top 4 finishes.

Sometimes the problem with a 5 year plan is that it takes so much longer to fix the problem and the executive just can't see beyond the ladder.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
True, I suppose about barass, but when he finshed up as their coach it wasn't seen as a success.

executive just can't see beyond the ladder.
  sums up one of the reasons we are currently in the position we are in.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 08:20:40 PM »

Yep to keep their jobs for another 5 years at double the pay.  Anyone seen the blueprint - LOL or are we just repeating rhetoric  :cheers

Great post actually, very true

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 09:53:47 PM »
Benny was at the game on Friday.  Walked past me. :)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »

Great post actually, very true

So if you had run of the show how would you do it jack?
 What would you do different?
would you make long term plans and goals?

How were things done when you were at the club?
Is that how you would run the club now?