Author Topic: Captains survey (afl.com.au)  (Read 1836 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Captains survey (afl.com.au)
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »
Captains love Buddy to down Jack in the Coleman race

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt may have topped the competition's goal kicking in 2010 but Hawthorn's Lance Franklin is the favourite to win his second Coleman Medal this year, according to a vote by the club captains.

Franklin, who won the medal in 2008, was considered by 10 out of 17 captains as most likely to repeat that feat this season and the Western Bulldogs' Barry Hall was second with three votes.

Riewoldt was tipped to go back to back in the Coleman by just two captains.

The AFL polled the captains for their views on a range of topics on Thursday ahead of the League's official launch of the 2011 Toyota AFL Premiership season. 

Every captain endorsed last year's premiers Collingwood as a certain finalist this year and the Magpies also dominated the vote for the team most likely to reach the Grand Final, with 14 captains believing that would be the case.

Last year's other Grand Finalist St Kilda was out of favour with the skippers, while Hawthorn (two votes) and the Western Bulldogs (one) the only other teams considered likely to reach the decider.

A total of 10 players were put forward as potential winners of the Brownlow Medal with Hawthorn's Luke Hodge, Collingwood's Dane Swan and Geelong's Joel Selwood each polling three votes.

Last year's winner Chris Judd was voted by just one captain as a chance to win his third league best and fairest.

The overwhelming view was that the Ron Evans medal for the NAB AFL Rising Star would head to Queensland at the season's end with top draftee and Gold Coast midfielder David Swallow picking up 13 votes.

For the first time, the captains were asked to consider the recipient of the goal and mark-of-the year awards, with Melbourne's Liam Jurrah the favourite to repeat his high-leaping 2010 feats and claim the prize for the second consecutive season.

Jurrah was also tipped to claim the accolade for goal of the year, narrowly edging out West Coast's Mark LeCras, Port Adelaide's Daniel Motlop and Hawthorn's Cyril Rioli.

The full results of the survey are listed below:

Which seven other clubs do you think can make this year's top eight?
Collingwood (16), St Kilda (15), Western Bulldogs (15), Geelong Cats (15), Hawthorn (14), Sydney Swans (10), Adelaide Crows (nine), Fremantle (nine), Carlton (nine), Essendon (five), West Coast (one), North Melbourne (one), Brisbane Lions (nil), Gold Coast Suns (nil), Port Adelaide (nil), Richmond (nil), Melbourne (nil).

Which other club is most likely to reach the Grand Final?
Collingwood (14), Hawthorn (two), Western Bulldogs (one).

Who do you think will win the 2011 Brownlow Medal?
Luke Hodge, Hawthorn (three), Joel Selwood, Geelong Cats (three), Dane Swan, Collingwood (three), Scott Pendlebury, Collingwood (two), Matthew Boyd, Western Bulldogs (one), Adam Goodes, Sydney Swans (one), Chris Judd, Carlton (one), Marc Murphy, Carlton (one), Jack Riewoldt, Richmond (one), Aaron Sandilands, Fremantle (one).

Who do you think will win the 2011 NAB AFL Rising Star?
David Swallow, Gold Coast Suns (13), Shaun Atley, North Melbourne (one), Harley Bennell, Gold Coast Suns (one), Reece Conca, Richmond (one), Dyson Heppell, Essendon (one).

Who do you think will take Mark of the Year?
Liam Jurrah, Melbourne (six), Jack Riewoldt, Richmond (three), Paddy Ryder, Essendon (two), Luke McPharlin, Fremantle (one), Nick Maxwell, Collingwood (one), Nic Naitanui, West Coast (one), Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda (one), Aaron Sandilands, Fremantle (one), Zephaniah Skinner, Western Bulldogs (one).

Who do you think will kick Goal of the Year?
Liam Jurrah, Melbourne (three), Mark LeCras, West Coast (two), Daniel Motlop, Port Adelaide (two), Cyril Rioli, Hawthorn (two), Hayden Ballantyne, Fremantle (one), Eddie Betts, Carlton (one), Alan Didak, Collingwood (one), Jeff Garlett, Carlton (one), Lewis Jetta, Sydney Swans (one), Steve Johnson, Geelong Cats (one), Stephen Milne, St Kilda (one), Daniel Wells, North Melbourne (one).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/109451/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

Re: Captains survey (afl.com.au)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
Last year's winner Chris Judd was voted by just one captain as a chance to win his third league best and fairest.

LMAO voted for himself

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »

LMAO voted for himself

Would not surprise me. Football mercenary.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
Any reason why Newy was wearing a jumper without "Jeep" on the front for the captains' day yesterday when we had jumpers with "Jeep" on them available for the sponsor's release only the day before?  ???

gerkin greg

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »
The photo used for the sponsor's release had Jeep photoshopped on the jumpers  ;)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »
Any reason why Newy was wearing a jumper without "Jeep" on the front for the captains' day yesterday when we had jumpers with "Jeep" on them available for the sponsor's release only the day before?  ???

Think you will find that the "Jeep" logo was photoshopped on the guernseys for the sponsor announcement.  It will be interesting whether the real jumpers are ready for round 1....I expect they will be.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
Buddy will miss too many shots.

AFL love bagging Richmond.

Effing bastards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
The photo used for the sponsor's release had Jeep photoshopped on the jumpers  ;)
Think you will find that the "Jeep" logo was photoshopped on the guernseys for the sponsor announcement.  It will be interesting whether the real jumpers are ready for round 1....I expect they will be.
Thanks guys. I believe the embroidery for want of a better word will be done here in Oz rather than overseas so you'd reckon the real jumpers will be ready for round 1.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
Think you will find that the "Jeep" logo was photoshopped on the guernseys for the sponsor announcement.  It will be interesting whether the real jumpers are ready for round 1....I expect they will be.
Thanks guys. I believe the embroidery for want of a better word will be done here in Oz rather than overseas so you'd reckon the real jumpers will be ready for round 1.

For the photo they did last night at the gala the players worethe new jumpers with Jeep on them - look fnatastic BTW. I believe they arrived yesterday arvo

Embroidery for polo, tracksuits etc is being done here in Oz as we speak/type. The shirts etc are made off-shore

Jumpers are actually produced in Australia and logos are printed as the material is made
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
For the photo they did last night at the gala the players worethe new jumpers with Jeep on them - look fnatastic BTW. I believe they arrived yesterday arvo

The logo looked good on the jumper in the flesh but it was a temporary transfer. One of the players showed me that they were already peeling off.  :rollin
I'd imagine that they'll wear these in the short term until the properly printed jumpers arrive.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »

The logo looked good on the jumper in the flesh but it was a temporary transfer. One of the players showed me that they were already peeling off.  :rollin
I'd imagine that they'll wear these in the short term until the properly printed jumpers arrive.

That makes sense re a temporary transfer but certainly what they were wearing last night only tunred up yesterday arvo from the printers that's what I got told  ;D

I beleive KooGa have promised a quick turn around for the proper jumpers a couple of weeks I've heard

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
I beleive KooGa have promised a quick turn around for the proper jumpers a couple of weeks I've heard

Awesome. Hopefully available for purchase too shortly.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:22:46 PM »

Embroidery for polo, tracksuits etc is being done here in Oz as we speak/type. The shirts etc are made off-shore

Jumpers are actually produced in Australia and logos are printed as the material is made

Just cant let Polo go can you WP... :lol :rollin :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »

Neither can it would seem WAT  :thumbsup ;D  :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »

Neither can it would seem WAT  :thumbsup ;D  :cheers

Boys boys hold your horses on with the Polo love fest. We play St Kilda in Round 2.  :lol :rollin :lol