Author Topic: Official Team for Round 1  (Read 3158 times)

tony_montana

Re: Official Team for Round 1
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
Good to see plenty of new names in the side, as well as Rance and Vickery claiming a spot.

Lets get into them boys!!!  :gotigers

gerkin greg

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »
Like the look of our centre line and half forward line. :thumbsup

HB line looks good too

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »
It looks like we are going with 3 runners on the bench as part of the rotation so that would leave Batchelor as sub.

No Tucky. Is he injured or not in Dimma's future plans again? Jacko probably got the not ahead of him as a potential tagger.

Obviously Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson and Waite are they keys to Carlton but Betts and Garlett are the ones that make me nervous as we usually struggle to hold nippy small forwards.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »
Like the look of our centre line and half forward line. :thumbsup

HB line looks good too

It does too GG. Hope Conca tears it apart.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
Obviously Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson and Waite are they keys to Carlton but Betts and Garlett are the ones that make me nervous as we usually struggle to hold nippy small forwards.

It has been the same old story in the past that a teams second and third tier players have a day out against us. Seems Betts Garlett Yarran Scotland Robinson Carazzo Simpson Thornton or most of these guys anyway seem to step up in the same game against us and take us to the sword and its not just Carlskata its other clubs as well.

I would like to see our boys deliver these mentioned blokes and a few others a really vigorous message that we are going to give this match a real sustained effort and make the RFC proud. :gotigers

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:49 PM »

It has been the same old story in the past that a teams second and third tier players have a day out against us. Seems Betts Garlett Yarran Scotland Robinson Carazzo Simpson Thornton or most of these guys anyway seem to step up in the same game against us and take us to the sword and its not just Carlskata its other clubs as well.

I would like to see our boys deliver these mentioned blokes and a few others a really vigorous message that we are going to give this match a real sustained effort and make the RFC proud. :gotigers

I think its a depth thing, Tucker. The cream of our crop is pretty good, so we are able to hold the better players fairly well. But our second and third tear players are often inferior to those of the opposition, so they gain the upper-hand in those match-ups.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »

I think its a depth thing, Tucker. The cream of our crop is pretty good, so we are able to hold the better players fairly well. But our second and third tear players are often inferior to those of the opposition, so they gain the upper-hand in those match-ups.

It has been a problem Willy but I would like to see the tide turn and am hoping that the kids development has been sufficient enough to avert the dangers or for want of a better term lessen the impact on the game of these opposition B and C graders.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
And our 2nd and 3rd tier players are of better quality now than they have been in recent years.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »
And our 2nd and 3rd tier players are of better quality now than they have been in recent years.

I think so too Smokey. :thumbsup

I just want to walk out tomorrow night win draw or whatever with a sense of pride.
I know we are on a long journey and there may be some passion in my blood due to the repugnance of our
opposition tomorrow and hence the result in two years in a much more clearer picture may or may not mean much but I just don't want to go down without a yelp or be physically manhandled.
In so many ways for me and for alot of us the result tomorrow is everything and what will be in round 2 round 22 or two years down the track will be.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »

I just want to walk out tomorrow night win draw or whatever with a sense of pride.
I know we are on a long journey and there may be some passion in my blood due to the repugnance of our
opposition tomorrow and hence the result in two years in a much more clearer picture may or may not mean much but I just don't want to go down without a yelp or be physically manhandled.
In so many ways for me and for alot of us the result tomorrow is everything and what will be in round 2 round 22 or two years down the track will be.

well said Tucker. Nothing annoys me more when we get thrown to the ground against duds like Scotland and Robinson

For me personally a win tomorrow and i couldnt really care less if we lose the next 5, such is my hatred for the Blues.

Everything about that club make me sick starting from Robert Walls
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »

well said Tucker. Nothing annoys me more when we get thrown to the ground against duds like Scotland and Robinson

For me personally a win tomorrow and i couldnt really care less if we lose the next 5, such is my hatred for the Blues.

Everything about that club make me sick starting from Robert Walls
:bow :cheers :thumbsup :clapping :clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 12:53:36 AM »
A win tomorrow night would knock a rusty mail in the rattan coffin. Like 2009 for Wallace.
I'm not confident but the roar from the tiger army after a win  would sure bring music to my ears.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 07:26:47 AM »
Disappointed Tuck and Derrickx are not in side. Believe Thursfield should also been in side. Question why Nahas is in side. Wish Helbig, Batchelor and Conca luck in their first game for the club and wish them long and successful careers at Richmond.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 10:01:37 AM »
What the stuff happened to Tuck? Why the stuff is stuffing McGawn playing?  :banghead Thursfield had a better pre-season.

Graham  :banghead Nahas :banghead

:lol

Good to see ConcaTruck. Jack needs a big game  :police:

Soooos

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
Nahas, White and Edwards named means we are giving them a 6 goal start (goals from turnovers).

I really don't understand how these guys are getting a game on form, and how the first two are getting a game on ability.

I think White might play a defensive role on Yarran. If we can shut him down they won't get any drive from the backline.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do