Author Topic: Dear Selection Committee  (Read 2957 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Dear Selection Committee
« on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »
If Angus Graham plays another game for this football club I'll neck myself.

In fact I'll donate to the FTF $100 for every game he plays in the 2s.

He was torn a new arshole the size of the Grand Canyon...
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Dear Selection Committee
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:14 PM »
If Angus Graham plays another game for this football club I'll neck myself.

In fact I'll donate to the FTF $100 for every game he plays in the 2s.

He was torn a new arshole the size of the Grand Canyon...

hmm, strangely the only time he contested was when the umpire threw the ball up...is next to USELESS is Gus
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
Warncock is a complete wacko as well, towelled Gus

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:02:40 AM »
I think Graham hurt his leg early in the match.

That said post or derickx or browne need
to show form in the 2s. And griffiths is missed

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:09:23 AM »
The problem with Gus is if he cops an injury it takes him a while to regain some semblance of form. He missed most of the preseason with an ankle so he's underdone. The problem we have as a team is Derickx missed the last few practice games and Browne is still young and questionable so we don't have much of a choice with our rucks. It'll be a weakness for a while unless we use free agency to poach a quality ruckman which is what most of the top sides have done.

I'm not too upset with the team selected. Some people after the game were saying Tuck should have played if we were playing our best side but I'd rather have kids out there as Tuck isn't going to get any better and fix his deficiencies at his age. We've just got to suck it up for now and use what we've got and hope in time a few more cubs come through and step up and our recruiters find and add far more class to the team.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
I'm sick of Gus and his chances, I hate slagging our players off but Gus is a local footballer at best.

Our ruck stocks are horrible. Every club in the league would have 2 ruckman on their list better than Gus. Gus wouldn't be in the top 30 ruckman in the country. Our stocks are so thin we're just forced to play him, he doesn't warrant selection except we just have to play someone that is 190cm+ in their, and I suppose Gus will do.. Sorry Gus.

Derickx to play 21 games this year for mine.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
The problem with Gus is if he cops an injury it takes him a while to regain some semblance of form. He missed most of the preseason with an ankle so he's underdone. The problem we have as a team is Derickx missed the last few practice games and Browne is still young and questionable so we don't have much of a choice with our rucks. It'll be a weakness for a while unless we use free agency to poach a quality ruckman which is what most of the top sides have done.

I'm not too upset with the team selected. Some people after the game were saying Tuck should have played if we were playing our best side but I'd rather have kids out there as Tuck isn't going to get any better and fix his deficiencies at his age. We've just got to suck it up for now and use what we've got and hope in time a few more cubs come through and step up and our recruiters find and add far more class to the team.

Yeah agree MT I'm happy with the side bar our ruck selection of course.

Angus needs a miracle to stay on the list next year, an absolute miracle. A stupid call in round 1, but I think everyone would agree.
Go Tigers!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »
Gus is soft

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 12:21:04 AM »
At this stage Gus won't be delisted because he is the oldest ruckman on the list

at 23 or so yoa. We'd be left with browne and vickery who are more or lees teenaged and Derickx not yet player afl

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 12:24:25 AM »

Yeah agree MT I'm happy with the side bar our ruck selection of course.

Angus needs a miracle to stay on the list next year, an absolute miracle. A stupid call in round 1, but I think everyone would agree.
Unless we recruit a ready-made replacement next summer and Derickx bypasses Gus as our No.1 ruckman this year he'll be staying. Rucks really only get the flick if there are two others ahead of them. 2012 will be Gus' test to survive with free agency enabling us to poach an experienced quality ruckman.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 12:31:15 AM »
Yep the worst ruckman ever he truely is poo!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
At this stage Gus won't be delisted because he is the oldest ruckman on the list

at 23 or so yoa. We'd be left with browne and vickery who are more or lees teenaged and Derickx not yet player afl

Angus will not be playing next year, unless miracle improvement.

Derickx can play and will surpass Gus this year for starters.

Even if he doesn't you can't have your ruck stocks so weak two years in a row. Our ruck stocks will be number 1 priority next year I guarantee it.

Gold Coast have better ruck stocks than us already in Fraser, Smith and Day.
Go Tigers!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »
same goes for foley, has been finished crapola

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
same goes for foley, has been finished crapola

Lol from a half of footy, after nearly 2 years off. Had crook guts tonight. Big call.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 12:54:12 AM »
Yep the worst ruckman ever he truely is poo!

I can think of some worse ruckmen that have donned the RFC guernsey.

Ty Esler
Robert Schaefer
Brad Smith

He is struggling and we are struggling the ruck dept. If Derickx is fit maybe we should bite the bullet. :thumbsup