Author Topic: Direct from Dimma email  (Read 10682 times)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Direct email from Dimma
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
I got mine.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:50:58 PM »
A fairly honest straightforward appraisal by Dimma. Good to read Foley is over his gastro.
Lets hope that Nathan gave a few Carlton guys his gastro.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 01:03:04 AM »
i have not received it either and its not hidden in junk.

Any chance we can get a copy of that email here?
I'll post this first one given a fair few members didn't receive it due to a glitch with the Club's emailing list and as an example of the many exclusive benefits you get as a Richmond footy club member for anyone reading this who is considering joining or rejoining up  :thumbsup.

DIRECT FROM DIMMA
--------------------------

Dear OE,

I have had mixed feelings in the wash-up of last Thursday night's season-opener against Carlton at the MCG . . .

There's been no hiding my disappointment that we lost a game I felt we'd put ourselves in a position to win.

Sure, the Blues had plenty of chances to put us away early, with the number of inside-50 entries and scoring shots they had.  But the fact is they didn't, and we were still hanging in there at half-time.

Then, in the third quarter, we produced some really good football, to well and truly seize the initiative from Carlton.

When Jack Riewoldt kicked that goal right on three-quarter time, to increase our lead to 14 points, I felt we had the necessary momentum to go on and win the match.  In the last quarter, however, we ran out of legs, and the more experienced Carlton side rallied to get over the line.

I was especially disappointed that we fought our backsides off to hit the front, only to fade in the final term, and I understand how frustrated you must have been watching the match finish the way it did.

But I certainly couldn't question the competitive spirit of the players on the night, and I'm sure that's something that would have pleased our members.

Look, there were some promising signs that we took out of the game, but we've still got a fair way to go.  I rate Carlton as a top-six to top-four side, so at least we showed we're capable of matching it with the big boys of the competition, when we get our game up and running.

I thought the young blokes who made their AFL debuts with us Reece Conca, Jake Batchelor and Brad Helbig all showed something.  And, our recruits from league clubs Shaun Grigg and Bachar Houli were also quite impressive in their first games for the Tigers. 

Shaun was relatively consistent throughout the night, while Bachar got a lot better after quarter-time.  They both showed that they're going to be real assets for us.  They're only going to get better as they play more with their new teammates, and they're going to help ease the load through our midfield.

I really liked the game of Robbie Nahas.  He showed his capabilities as a player with that performance, and has now set himself a standard that he needs to live up to.

Robbie was very disappointed with his 2010 season and worked extremely hard over the pre-season to make amends in 2011.  It's early days yet, of course, but he looked really lively in the midfield.  Yes, he made some mistakes, but that's because he was prepared to take the game on, which is something we encourage him to do.

Another big plus for us, from an individual perspective, was the fine first-up display of Jack Riewoldt . . .

Jack looks in good shape.  He took a couple of really strong marks, kicked six goals, and could even have finished with another couple.

Unfortunately, we didn't get the ball enough inside-50, but when it got down there, Jack certainly looked dangerous.

Mind you, we still have the same problem of needing to find more avenues to goal . . . Mitch Morton was okay at stages up forward, as was Ty Vickery.  We've also got some players coming back from injury, who we feel can fill the role for us in attack, but we've just got to remain patient for the time being . . .

Clearly, St Kilda at the MCG this Friday night represents another huge test for us, but one I can guarantee you that we're all looking forward to. 

Nathan Foley has recovered from his bout of gastro, so that will provide our midfield with a decent boost and, a few of our players, who were a bit underdone, will benefit from the opening round hit-out.

Even though it's a St Kilda home fixture, Richmond members will gain access with their membership tickets, as this is one of the two replacement home games for the season (due to the Club playing home games in Darwin and Cairns in 2011).

That being the case, we would love to see any St Kilda home-ground advantage negated by a strong Yellow and Black turn-out.

Yours sincerely,

Damien Hardwick

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
thanks one-eyed.

hope the club will fix up the emailing list.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 09:25:25 AM »
Good work OE.

thanks for that
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Direct from Dimma email
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
The latest "Direct from Dimma" email for round 4 should be in your inboxes.

DIRECT FROM DIMMA
-----------------

Dear OE,

Our inconsistency as a young team has never been more evident, than in last Friday night's clash with Collingwood at the MCG. In quarters one and four, the Magpies outscored us by a combined total of 85 points (17.11 to 4.4). Yet, in the second and third terms, we managed to outscore them by a total of 14 points (9.8 to 7.6)

Full email exclusive to RFC members.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 06:43:39 PM »
Dimma's email about the North game should be in your inbox....

DIRECT FROM DIMMA
-----------------

Dear OE,

In the lead-up to last Sunday's clash with North Melbourne, it was interesting to hear a lot of people saying it was a season-defining game for both sides.  As far as we're concerned, every game is a season-defining one, so this was no different.

It was a really tight game and the Kangaroos, with their contested ball work, were tough nuts to crack.  But I thought our spread from the stoppages was very good, and that enabled us to kick those seven goals in the last quarter to get over the line.

Full email exclusive to RFC members.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Direct from Dimma email video
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 09:52:48 PM »
Dimma's sent a video to members this week  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »
lmfao

signed yours truely PR Officer  :rollin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Direct from Dimma email video
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 01:45:46 AM »
Dimma's sent a video to members this week  :thumbsup

Yeah, just got mine...great idea  :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 07:04:37 AM »
Yeah great, only YouTube is blocked at work so now I have to wait until I get home and I'll probably forget about it until I get to work again tomorrow.  :(

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »
Video costs too much to download to my mobile. I'd prefer the text.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »
Great work on the video. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 02:10:26 AM »
Back to just text this week. A very happy coach by the way  :thumbsup

DIRECT FROM DIMMA
-----------------

Dear OE,

That was a terrific win by our boys against Fremantle at the 'G' last Saturday night . . . It was a tough arm wrestle for three and a bit quarters, before we ran away at the end to record what was the best win in my time at the Club.

Full email available to RFC members so check your inbox  :)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
Dimma's sent out his email about the Bulldogs game....

DIRECT FROM DIMMA
-----------------

Dear OE,

A couple of our main problem areas this season combined to contribute to our Round 8 loss against the Western Bulldogs.

Once more, we allowed the opposition to get the jump on us, with the Bulldogs setting up their win by scoring seven goals to our one in the first quarter.

We've lost seven of eight opening terms this season and drawn one, which clearly is a concern, and it's something we'll again be addressing during the course of the week.

Full email available to RFC members only so check you inbox