Author Topic: Round 6 Crystal Ball.  (Read 904 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Round 6 Crystal Ball.
« on: April 04, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
Might be putting the "cart before the horse" here (considering we have not won a game since rd 18 last year)

Anyhow.....

Rd 3  Hawthorn  (L)

Rd 4  Collingwood (L)

Rd 5  North Melb  (W)  :pray

Rd 6  Brisbane  thumping (W)

So after round 6 .......

Richond will have 10 premiership points and be half a game outside the 8....Then Freo at the "G" in rd 7.

GAME ON !
Unleash the tornado

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 6 Crystal Ball.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:06:26 PM »
Don't count the Hawks as a loss. We match up well on them every year, while Melbourne struggle badly against Hawthorn

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »
Don't count the Hawks as a loss. We match up well on them every year, while Melbourne struggle badly against Hawthorn

Im trying to keep a lid on it  ;)
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »
Plenty of time between now and round 6. Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves like Essendon supporters based on Friday nights result against a team we have not beaten since 2003. We may play great against the Hawks and Pies in the next two and lull ourselves into a false sense of security and then watch those Sh1tboners take us to the cleaners. That North game is the one on paper that seems the easiest but the one that might be the most disppointing defeat given

a) Our possible efforts and endeavour in the first four we may have a let down

b) They always seem to beat us more often than not in recent history

c) Considering they are a poo footy club and potentially they may be 0-3 going into our round 5 encounter and they may start talking sh1tboner and bully us only to lose by 15 goals to a top 4 side.

d) They beat us last year on the back of four wins and in the wet where I would have thought we may have had the advantage on them also.

Lets treat each game on its merits and take it one game at a time. We are neither a top 8 side or a top 4 side to get ahead of ourselves and talk up our chances. I'd rather wait and see even on the Brisbane game too. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:17:49 AM »
With 3 key defenders out it's going to make life difficult for us over the next few weeks.

For me if we can maintain our percentage around 90% whatever happens in terms of wins/losses then I think we can say there's significant improvement as it means we've been competitive for most of our first 6 games. That makes a massive change from this time last year when we were hovering around 50%. 

As far as wins/losses I'd guess 1-2 wins by round 6 with our first win either against North and/or Brisbane. That's provided we get a key defender back or two and we cop no further injuries or suspensions to key players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:00:06 AM »
For me if we can maintain our percentage around 90% whatever happens in terms of wins/losses then I think we can say there's significant improvement as it means we've been competitive for most of our first 6 games. That makes a massive change from this time last year when we were hovering around 50%

that 50% is looking might fine compared to GC's 30 odd%  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 04:30:51 AM »
Might be putting the "cart before the horse" here (considering we have not won a game since rd 18 last year)

Anyhow.....

Rd 3  Hawthorn  (L)

Rd 4  Collingwood (L)

Rd 5  North Melb  (W)  :pray

Rd 6  Brisbane  thumping (W)

So after round 6 .......

Richond will have 10 premiership points and be half a game outside the 8....Then Freo at the "G" in rd 7.

GAME ON !
Nice get with the prediction mat  :thumbsup. The Tiges running on schedule.

Btw what's the powerball numbers this week?  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd