Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining  (Read 14424 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What the coach said - Damien Hardwick:

"You look back last week, the Dees got inside 50 only 35 times against them. We got inside 50 53 times, so we're doing something right. The efficiency going forward is the thing that cost us tonight."

Here's the video of Dimma after the game:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/344336/default.aspx
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:34:14 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick finds silver lining (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »
Hardwick finds silver lining
richmondfc.com.au
By Paul Daffey
Sun 10 Apr, 2011

FOR A man whose team had just been walloped by 63 points at the hand of Hawthorn, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick looked remarkably composed.

In some ways, he believed his Tigers had had a win. They'd matched the Hawks in several indicators and gained some valuable experience for their young players.

"We had more inside 50s, the clearances were the same and the turnover battle was the same," he said. "The thing that comes with experience is the efficiency of your ball movement.

"You look back last week, the Dees only got inside 50 35 times against them (Hawthorn). We got inside 50 55 times, so we're doing something right. The efficiency going forward is the thing that cost us."

While Hardwick's midfield did a sterling job in matching its opponents, the main talking points after the match were the petulance of Jack Rielwoldt and the decision to play callow defenders on the best tall forward combination in the competition.

Hardwick said he would be having a word to Riewoldt about his blow-up at Dustin Martin.

"Jack's got to improve in that area, no doubt," he said.

The coach, however, was full of praise for David Astbury, who played on Jarryd Roughead in his 20th game, and Dylan Grimes, who played on Buddy Franklin in his second game.

In truth, both were soundly beaten. Roughead kicked three while Franklin kicked five in a best-on-ground performance.

But Harwick admired his young players' application.

"I actually thought Dylan Grimes did a pretty good job. For a kid who was playing his second game, in his second year of AFL footy, the amount of contests that he got to was pretty credible for the young fellow.

"Buddy's an elite player of this competition."

He noted that Astbury was outmarked only once and besides that was extremely competitive.

"We're going along a similar path to Hawthorn in 2005, 2006, when I started there," the coach said. "We're tracking along the same way. We’ve got to persevere with our young group, get some games into them as we can, and they’ll get better."

Astbury and Grimes were forced to play in the key defence posts because Alex Rance and Luke McGuane were suspended and Will Thursfied had hurt his ankle.

David Gourdis was the only other key defender who might have been considered.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/111240/default.aspx

jackstar is back again

Re: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
someone should of asked Dimma this.
Why didnt he change the set up so that our best player the week before (Lids) didnt get dragged back to the goal square for a large portion of the game :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
media have little idea and ask dumb questions
And Dimma forget about indictors, utter crap when you have guys like Connors who kick the ball inside 50, gift wrapped straight on the oppositions players chest

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »
there is no glory in that pathetic loss last night.

That was one of the worst games by our club in the last 2 years. Pathetic.

There are few players who can hold their head up high.

As for Jack and his antics well hello Richo Mark 2.

We are screwed as a football club if we are relying on him
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
lol......It was no where near as pathetic as some of the posters here!! If you don't like it eff off and support someone els'e. The future is bright we can only work with the cattle we have and if it means putting games into younger players no and sacrifice games well so be it!
If we had a older hardened side that should be winning and were not bag the club out all you like but untill that time we are developing both player and game plan surly you cant be to critical at this stage??

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »
lol......It was no where near as pathetic as some of the posters here!! If you don't like it eff off and support someone els'e. The future is bright we can only work with the cattle we have and if it means putting games into younger players no and sacrifice games well so be it!
If we had a older hardened side that should be winning and were not bag the club out all you like but untill that time we are developing both player and game plan surly you cant be to critical at this stage??

Maybe living in tassy has blinded you from reality but let me say this. Its not about winning, far from it its about being competitive and last night was disgraceful.

If you think its acceptable seeing  Lids, Graham and Connors who have played enough games, not chasing or tackling then your kidding yourself.

its about effort and apart from 5 players last night there was none at all.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »

Everyones entitled to an opinion, the fact that these people have purchased memberships, purchased merchandise, contributed to Jack Dyer Foundation and now the Fighting Fund means they are entitled. 30 years of crap is a long time and yesterday was nothing short of disgraceful. And one more thing, who are you tell these people to go support someone else?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
Lids dragged back to full back by his opponent said it all

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »

let's get this straight... according to you, never mind that i'm a die hard supporter of the club, that i've been a member since i was 7 years old, or that i travel from regional victoria to almost every home game, the mere fact that i'm annoyed about how sub-par the boys were playing last night against a team i deeply loathe means i should go and support someone else. what utter rubbish! who do you think you are, deciding who i can and can't support? were you there, sitting out in the rain putting up with that performance?

yes, the future is most definitely bright, and it's an exciting time to be a Richmond fan because we're almost certainly on the way up, but what we saw last night was no indication of that.
Push up!

Tigermonk

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »

Fully Agree  :thumbsup

jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »

Fully Agree  :thumbsup

Double fully agree :thumbsup

jackstar is back again

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »
and there dreaming if they think Vickery is the answer playing beside Jack. :banghead
Time to play Brad Miller next week, otherwise guys like Maxwell will treat Vickery like toilet paper.

Offline Herewegotigers

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
Simply out muslced by a better side in conditions that suited them more ,

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »
If Deledio is so good put him on Pendelbury or Thomas, can gaurentee he will be beaten by both them lads

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »

Everyones entitled to an opinion, the fact that these people have purchased memberships, purchased merchandise, contributed to Jack Dyer Foundation and now the Fighting Fund means they are entitled. 30 years of crap is a long time and yesterday was nothing short of disgraceful. And one more thing, who are you tell these people to go support someone else?

Sure thats fine, but what do you do about it now?? How is the problem fixed "This Week"?? You can only work with what you have we are a young building side that is doing it tough at the moment but hey you have to put in the hard yards to get anywhere don'y you? I pay my membership a full one not a country and have done for 17 years, I also donated a substantial amount to the FTF. I am not forced to do any of this but I do because I love the club and I Stick by my club through thick and thin, highs and lows because thats what a "TRUE SUPPORTER DOES" So IMO those who don't want to do the hard yard yards can eff off and get there quick fix by supporting someone else!