Author Topic: Tigers vs Pies game thread  (Read 9152 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Tigers vs Pies game thread
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2011, 01:31:02 AM »
We have some seriously unskilled players. Edwards, Jackson, Graham, King, Nahas; who all have their role some more important than other, but all who are unskilled for AFL football. Jackson has his good days with the foot and has his bad days. He evens that out with some sensational tagging scalps and always gives 110%. Same could be said about Jake King. Edwards seems low on confidence and struggling. White seems OK but your not always confident when he has the ball in his hands. Graham as a ruckman just can't mark, a necessity for a modern day ruckman.
Jackson doesn't deserve to be included in this list so far this year. He has improved his disposal substantially.

Over the last 3 weeks his disposal efficiency has been
R2 86%
R3 68% (in the wet)
R4 77%

That's pretty good for an inside midfielder, above average in the AFL anyway

Jacko certainly has, I think it will take more than a season too have the perception of poor efficiency removed. Be interested in his kicking efficiency stats. I feel his handballing efficiency is extremely good and helps boost his overall efficiency. I could be wrong.

Jacko has certainly improved though.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2011, 01:47:13 AM »
His handball has always been good though so not sure how this would have improved his stats this year

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2011, 02:48:47 AM »
For mine the most disappointing aspect about tonights game was that it was the best game Lids/Cotch & Martin have played as a collective (over 90 disposals) and we still get blown off the park.

Club desperately needs a win next week for players and fans alike.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2011, 06:10:21 AM »
Snip! Leave off the insults and slanging match posts. Back to the Topic!

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2011, 06:16:03 AM »

Looking forward to next week.

Should be interesting.

:thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2011, 08:05:57 AM »
Why do some supporters look at how these games as us being poor rather than accepting just how good the opposition are?

Here we are, in reality, a bottom 4-6 side playing against last years premiers, a very well drilled and skilled side. Colonwood did not bradbury their flag last year, they are the benchmark of the competition.Their ability to make the most of their chances through simply hitting their targets is what we aspireto be, but we are a still a long way off. Anyone expecting anythin different right now is delusional.

As much as i hate to say it, Miller provided our forward line structure, much needed structure. It's a pity that he is just not a good enough footballer to take advantage and that our delivery still need to improve.

We showed that we are capable of matching it with the best for a period of time and it is only experience that will bring more consistency to our performance.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2011, 08:33:56 AM »
Gee Martin made some bad errors early on. If he is to ever be in the top echelon, then he needs to get that out of his game. Two (perhaps 3?) goals directly from turnovers early on, one of which he was under no pressure at all.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
Umpires and Skill errors took the game away from us in the first 20min. I was proud of the way the boys didn't give up at that stage and fought back. Last quarter was very disappointing but I thought that was more because Collingwood were very good than we were very bad.

Other thoughts.

Edwards skill errors cost us many goals, and I do mean many. Both from goals he should of kicked and turnovers he made. I hope Hardwick saw it.

Gus showed he can do it. Sure he is a dinosaur but that was one of his best efforts for us. I still hope the the X man can be better but lets see how he goes for Coburg for a few weeks before moving him in.

Conca just needs confidence he can play at this level, has does have the skills and I was happy with the step forward he made last night. Batcherlor did OK too

The top level mid players did good. Lids, Martin, Cothin, Newman I was happy with, still think Foley is a fair way off his best but will give him time with all the football he has missed.

The jury is out on Miller, I do think that Griffith is one of the most important players on our list and if he comes up OK then Miller will be back to the 2's.

Nahas and King are not the answers, I just wonder what other options we relay have for these spots. Nason is one that springs to mind.

Love the way Grimes plays, he will make some of the spoils he missed with experience and a bit more beef. Got to most contests.

We all thought we would be 0-4 at this stage, we may of hoped for better but deep down we knew. North Next week is a different story, Time to stir Tigers.

Changes, well it depend on VFL form but Edwards, Nahas and King must be looked at even though I doubt they will make many changes.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

tony_montana

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »

Looking forward to next week.

Should be interesting.

:thumbsup

Im not tbh, next week is the type of game that for yrs we come out and have an absolute stinker.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
Fluffy that is spot on first twenty minutes umpires were terrible and raped and pillaged us. Pies had 9 frees to 2 in the first quarter and six of those ended up in scores and were given within 60 of goal. Why is it a team on or near the bottom get silly frees paid against them in their defensive 50 yet obvious frees in our forward 50 are ignored. :help

Another instance was Dawes being thrown to the ground in the last being held by one arm and he is not pinned for incorrect disposal yet one of our boys a minute later makes the play and gets caught for holding the ball in and Dawes gets the free. Game is turning into rugby in that instance.

I thought the kids were good last night and we tried all night and got blown off the park in the last also. Kids showed some spirit and. If North get flogged in Perth and talk about SH1tboner spirit all week will be interesting how we react to their false form next week.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
Why do some supporters look at how these games as us being poor rather than accepting just how good the opposition are?

I accept Collingwood are the absolute best team in the comp by a long long way

However, we showed during the 1st qtr (middle bit for about 6-8 minutes), for most of the 2nd qtr bar the final 8 minutes and the entire 3rd qtr that we are capable of matching it with them as we broke open thier zone, press or whatever you want to call it

But what we dished up in the final qtr was unacceptable. Heads dropped far too quickly for mine

And because of that I have no doubt that the Pies sensed after the got the first 2 goals of that qtr they had us mentally and they could smash which they did. We need to learn (quickly I might add) that fighting out games for 3 qtrs & 5-10 minutes is not acceptable and these huge losses cannot continue. They are confidence killers not just to the players but to supporters as well

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:34:25 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
That sort of inconsitency is typical of young sides WP

Not the first team to wilt under collingwoods pr essure and wont be the last.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
What's the point having miller there. Waste of time. Not a future player. Good for training only. Back in a kid. Put some games into him and see if he can play. If he can't the get rid of him.

I hate to break the bad news to all the posters that thought we could make finals this year. We are 2-3 years away minimum. We are a bottom 4 side at maximum. We are youngest team in AFL.

Miller is a WASTED selection.
The club that keeps giving.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »
What's the point having miller there. Waste of time. Not a future player. Good for training only. Back in a kid. Put some games into him and see if he can play. If he can't the get rid of him.

I hate to break the bad news to all the posters that thought we could make finals this year. We are 2-3 years away minimum. We are a bottom 4 side at maximum. We are youngest team in AFL.

I dont recall anyone on this site saying they expected us to make finals. Miller was a late rookie pick who is providing some insurance whilst Griffiths trys to get over his shoulder concerns.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »

How well did our forward line function last year against Collingwood with just Jack up forward?
I thought we looked significantly better up forward from limited entries last night due to the structure that Miller brought to the side. I definitely noticed it, if he'd finished better we could have had two key forwards kicking 4 goals each, that is the type of thing our side needs.

He's only there until Griffiths gets fit anyway, so get over it