Author Topic: Tigers vs Pies game thread  (Read 9174 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Tigers vs Pies game thread
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »
We are no where near it. Disgraceful 1st quarter. Too many passengers and lots of players who aint up to 2011 AFL standards.

You jumped the gun there

Not really. We played 1 great quarter, 1 average quarter and 2 appalling ones. The margin tells the story but the 3rd quarter should give all of us hope for the future.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2011, 11:10:15 PM »
In summary we played poor. Nothing glory about a 10 goal loss, absolutely none.

So this year we played 1 good quarter against the Blues

2 against the Saints

None against the Hawks and 1 tonight. Not good enough to give a side a start like that.

The only positive is Edwards is one game closer to being shown the exit door. His efforts were pathetic. The most average footballer on our list by a fair margin.

I fail to understand how he gets a game ahead of Tuck. Both are not in our long term plans yet would rather Tuck any day of the week.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »
Shame the boys couldn't contain the margin.

Great signs in the third though.

It's just going to take time, we need to keep pumping games in to these kids.

Were there any injuries for us??

Martin went off in the 4th and got his hamstring strapped up. But came back on.

Well thats a bonus then.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »

So this year we played 1 good quarter against the Blues

2 against the Saints

None against the Hawks and 1 tonight. Not good enough to give a side a start like that.

The only positive is Edwards is one game closer to being shown the exit door. His efforts were pathetic. The most average footballer on our list by a fair margin.

I fail to understand how he gets a game ahead of Tuck. Both are not in our long term plans yet would rather Tuck any day of the week.

fair enough about Edwards great last year but back to vfl footy just not good enough.

That said, what is worse IMO is the inclusion of Miller..... what's the point?? He's absolutely useless.
Atleast With a mature aged recruits you can expect them to lead the way on field and show glimses of former brilliance but with Miller all he shows is how NOT to play footy.

For some posters (tigermonk) at OER who wanted him included in the team I ask ,"WHAT THE POINT???!!!".

What a waste of time when you could be getting games into someone more useful for the future.   

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Mick Malthouse on TV now giving Richmond plenty of praise
It may have been an 11 goal loss but we showed that in the 2nd & 3rd quarters that we can keep up and then completely outplay the best team in the competition. Our midfield of Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Grigg and even Conca really starting to gel and show some cohesion as they all had outstanding games. Clearly in the last quarter we ran out of legs again but that will come in time.

We still have around the same experience as the Gold Coast but have played good football against four top teams in the toughest start to the season for any side in the competition.

The real test comes next week, its a must win game against an out of form North

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2011, 11:41:19 PM »
It may have been an 11 goal loss but we showed that in the 2nd & 3rd quarters that we can keep up and then completely outplay the best team in the competition. Our midfield of Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Grigg and even Conca really starting to gel and show some cohesion as they all had outstanding games. Clearly in the last quarter we ran out of legs again but that will come in time.

We still have around the same experience as the Gold Coast but have played good football against four top teams in the toughest start to the season for any side in the competition.

The real test comes next week, its a must win game against an out of form North

Maybe Micks eying us up for the job in a couple of years...hahahahaha...ONLY JOKING.

Great to hear that though.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »
I didn't mind Millers game tonight, he should have kicked a little straighter but I thought he gave us that extra tall e have been lacking, I can see him holding his place till Griff is ready.......

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2011, 11:46:04 PM »
Who here expected us to have any points in the first four rounds?

I thought our best chance was Carlton and the other 3 sides would flog us.

Collingwood destroyed Port and North as well as us. They're reigning premiers and premiership favourites.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2011, 11:48:32 PM »
I didn't mind Millers game tonight, he should have kicked a little straighter but I thought he gave us that extra tall e have been lacking, I can see him holding his place till Griff is ready.......

Didn't do much wrong apart from kick badly for goal. He'll keep his spot.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2011, 12:02:33 AM »
Loved the 3rd quarter effort - full of running and attack at the contest. I really hope dimma sprayed them after the game though bc even though they should be happy with the signs they are showing, its not good enough to be content with 1 strong quarter, we should have gone nuts to try and get the first goal of the last Q to try and go on with it. That type of capitulation should be unacceptable.

Loved Lids, Martin, Cotch, Conca and the young boys down back in amongst the carnage, they were spiking everything and throwing themselves at the contest with  real ferocity. Grimes makes me laugh, I love him already, hes an angry prick  :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2011, 12:16:51 AM »

Agree I feel gutted

15 minutes into the final qtr te 3rd qtr wass but a distant memory bottom line is we got smashed by 10 goals

It was the 4 goal + the 3 goals that got in junk time in the 1st qtr that cost us

Final qtr was unacceptable
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2011, 12:51:50 AM »
Positives:
- Grahams 3rd qtr. Shows how good we can be when we have a ruckman rucking well and working hard around the ground. 1 qtr in 4 games isn't good enough from our number 1 ruckman. But positive to see what we can do when he pulls his finger out and gives first use.

- Midfield were superb when we were playing well.

- Grimes shows good signs. Gave height and weight away from Cloke and spoiled more than Cloke marked tonight. Tarrant did a good job on Riewoldt but made maybe 4 or 5 spoils from 12 kicks to Jack. Where as Grimes would have spoiled 8 or 9 spoils from 16 kicks.

- Conca best game for the club.

- We kicked 12 goals against the reigning premiers. Since when do we score 100 points in a game?

- Edwards last game for a month. Edwards takes a midfield role away from a Contin experiment, Morton midfield role, Deledio midfield role etc.

- Lids, when he is on we are very good.
Go Tigers!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2011, 01:08:20 AM »

Malthouse lauds brave Tigers
By Karen Lyon
11:59 PM Fri 15 Apr, 2011

COLLINGWOOD coach Mick Malthouse has heaped praise on rivals Richmond for their third-quarter comeback during the Magpies emphatic 71-point win over the Tigers.

"We responded with pride,(but) I think what we do is that we take too much credit away from our opponents," Malthouse said.

''Their maturity is progressing at a rate that I am sure Richmond will be happy with.

"They have had their ups and downs; they have got a very young side that will get better, and when they get their momentum, and when that shifts in particular, they are a very damaging side.''

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/111780/default.aspx

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2011, 01:11:58 AM »
Finey on SEN after the game nailed it on the head for Richmond:

We have a stellar midfield for the future:

Deledio, Martin, Cotchin, Conca, Foley is a sensational nucleus that if they stay fit and together thats a midfield that in 2 years will peak and have a 5-8 year period of peak football.

We have a match winner up forward in Jack Riewoldt. He's a lone man that needs help. The most important man to Richmonds success may be Ben Griffiths. We need to draft another big man forward to relieve the reliance on Griffiths development. Vickery isn't a 40 goal a year 2nd best forward KP player. He may kick 20 whilst taking the ruck in a few years.

We have some seriously unskilled players. Edwards, Jackson, Graham, King, Nahas; who all have their role some more important than other, but all who are unskilled for AFL football. Jackson has his good days with the foot and has his bad days. He evens that out with some sensational tagging scalps and always gives 110%. Same could be said about Jake King. Edwards seems low on confidence and struggling. White seems OK but your not always confident when he has the ball in his hands. Graham as a ruckman just can't mark, a necessity for a modern day ruckman.

And the rest is filled up with some inexperienced youngsters that show good signs.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2011, 01:26:25 AM »
We have some seriously unskilled players. Edwards, Jackson, Graham, King, Nahas; who all have their role some more important than other, but all who are unskilled for AFL football. Jackson has his good days with the foot and has his bad days. He evens that out with some sensational tagging scalps and always gives 110%. Same could be said about Jake King. Edwards seems low on confidence and struggling. White seems OK but your not always confident when he has the ball in his hands. Graham as a ruckman just can't mark, a necessity for a modern day ruckman.
Jackson doesn't deserve to be included in this list so far this year. He has improved his disposal substantially.

Over the last 3 weeks his disposal efficiency has been
R2 86%
R3 68% (in the wet)
R4 77%

That's pretty good for an inside midfielder, above average in the AFL anyway