Author Topic: Benny Gale on SEN  (Read 4092 times)

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
Re: Benny Gale on SEN
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »
Boys Boys boys im saying pelchen contributed to them winning the flag. Dew, Rioli, Gilham, Guerra all played their part in the flag.

Who cares about Pelchen or the Hawks. Do you want to start comparing FJ and Clayton now too then?

At the end of the day you guys think he has done well i dont. We digress

I do agree with one thing you said its one thing to recruit the right player yet you have to develop them which i still think is our major problem even more than that of our recruiting.

Now you've changed your tune, Hawthorn built there Premiership list basically from 2000-2004 drafts and picking up 3-4 decent AFL players since 2005.

FJ has done an excellent job pretty much since 2006, sure a few draft picks haven't worked out, but as I've pointed out we aren't the only team to screw up a pick or 2, in fact Hawthorn have only 3-4 players still on there list out of 48 draft picks.

I think FJ strike rate at the moment is looking quite good.  ;)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Boys Boys boys im saying pelchen contributed to them winning the flag. Dew, Rioli, Gilham, Guerra all played their part in the flag.

Who cares about Pelchen or the Hawks. Do you want to start comparing FJ and Clayton now too then?

I do agree with one thing you said its one thing to recruit the right player yet you have to develop them which i still think is our major problem even more than that of our recruiting.

Now you've changed your tune, Hawthorn built there Premiership list basically from 2000-2004 drafts and picking up 3-4 decent AFL players since 2005.

FJ has done an excellent job pretty much since 2006, sure a few draft picks haven't worked out, but as I've pointed out we aren't the only team to screw up a pick or 2, in fact Hawthorn have only 3-4 players still on there list out of 48 draft picks.

Changed my tune. You bring up pelchen and the hawks list not me, i couldnt care less but facts are they won a flag with those players you brought up in that team. 4 or 5 of em. Thats a good start.

I asked only about Jackson and you have told me what you think of his recruiting, i have told you what i think.

one of us will be right

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:56 PM »

Changed my tune. You bring up pelchen and the hawks list not me, i couldnt care less but facts are they won a flag with those players you brought up in that team. 4 or 5 of em. Thats a good start.

I asked only about Jackson and you have told me what you think of his recruiting, i have told you what i think.

one of us will be right

I'm sorry, please name those players, apart from 2-3 players out 48 draft picks with a number of top10 picks they have failed miserably apart from the good drafting period they had during 2000-2004.

Since FJ has come on board he has done a far better job with the resources and picks he has had at his disposal including the compromised draft.

tony_montana

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 12:20:28 AM »

birchall,  ellis and renouf also played significant roles in the gf and the season as a whole. thats about 7 or 8 and  about a 3rd of the side roughly, take it easy know it all

tony_montana

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 12:22:50 AM »

one of us will be right

I'm sorry, please name those players, apart from 2-3 players out 48 draft picks with a number of top10 picks they have failed miserably apart from the good drafting period they had during 2000-2004.

Since FJ has come on board he has done a far better job with the resources and picks he has had at his disposal including the compromised draft.

dont forget we've had a shhedload more better picks in that time on account of us being poo and the hawks , you know, winning a flag. FJ has been ok but id hardly say hes set us up, lots of question marks around most of our list - could still go either way

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 01:04:54 AM »

birchall,  ellis and renouf also played significant roles in the gf and the season as a whole. thats about 7 or 8 and  about a 3rd of the side roughly, take it easy know it all

So out of 6 top10 draft picks and a total of 10 top30 draft picks while using 48 draft picks in total for a return of 7-8 semi-standard players is a good strike rate is it?

And who says I'm a know it all? I'm merely offering a different opinion, people can bang on all they like about our waste of draft picks but simple fact is there are other clubs who waste the similar if not more amount of picks then us.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 01:06:29 AM »

So from 2006 onwards when FJ came in how many top10 or even top30 draft picks has he wasted.

one of us will be right

dont forget we've had a shhedload more better picks in that time on account of us being pooe and the hawks , you know, winning a flag. FJ has been ok but id hardly say hes set us up, lots of question marks around most of our list - could still go either way

gerkin greg

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 09:29:28 AM »

You've hit the nail on the head there Daniel. If the coaches aren't capable of developing players it leaves recruiters carrying the can with zero margin to work with.

tony_montana

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

So out of 6 top10 draft picks and a total of 10 top30 draft picks while using 48 draft picks in total for a return of 7-8 semi-standard players is a good strike rate is it?

And who says I'm a know it all? I'm merely offering a different opinion, people can bang on all they like about our waste of draft picks but simple fact is there are other clubs who waste the similar if not more amount of picks then us.

wtf are u going on abt? - Im just simply stating that 7-8 players played a role in that GF, thats not just bit part thats 1/3 of the friggen team, so bottom line is he helped them win a premiership and regardless of the crap picks in and around those - he still has a flag on his CV - something we all envy.... end of argument.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »

wtf are u going on abt? - Im just simply stating that 7-8 players played a role in that GF, thats not just bit part thats 1/3 of the friggen team, so bottom line is he helped them win a premiership and regardless of the crap picks in and around those - he still has a flag on his CV - something we all envy.... end of argument.

At the end of the day all you can ask for is exactly that, a flag.

Some may also argue Dew, a recruit, although im sure was Clarko's choice played a major role on GF day.

Facts are if you win a flag then everyone plays their part. From the coaches, assistants down to the Box Hill Players.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »

FJ has had 4 years to put together a list, pretty much since 2006-2010, with the picks FJ has had at his disposal and the limited resources FJ hasn't really wasted that many picks.

Pelchen pretty much did the same thing from 2000-2004 and everything after that has been a disaster, people were pointing out in this thread how the club wastes a lot of picks I'm merely pointing out that there are plenty of other teams who get plenty wrong also.

In fact if FJ goes on to waste another 40 odd draft picks top10 draft picks included mind you it would be safe to say these boards would go into meltdown.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »
dont forget that a recruiter will be recruiting based on the type of player asked for from the coach.

Blind Freddy could see that the type of players, in particular last years draft, are different to those taken in the wallace era.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »

FJ has had 4 years to put together a list, pretty much since 2006-2010, with the picks FJ has had at his disposal and the limited resources FJ hasn't really wasted that many picks.

Pelchen pretty much did the same thing from 2000-2004 and everything after that has been a disaster, people were pointing out in this thread how the club wastes a lot of picks I'm merely pointing out that there are plenty of other teams who get plenty wrong also.

In fact if FJ goes on to waste another 40 odd draft picks top10 draft picks included mind you it would be safe to say these boards would go into meltdown.
Pelchen didn't arrive at the club until after the 2004 draft, it was Buckenara before that

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
What is it with you guys and quoting the previous post?  :help

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »

Pelchen didn't arrive at the club until after the 2004 draft, it was Buckenara before that

You are right, my bad big oversight on my behalf, all that really shows though is how bad his drafting has been since arriving at Hawthorn.