Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Take heart says Dimma  (Read 1302 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Take heart: Hardwick
By Mark Macgugan
11:42 PM Fri 15 Apr, 2011

"For a young side, the ups and downs are always going to happen," Damien Hardwick said.

"We showed that when we play good footy, when we win the ball and get it going our way, we're quite capable of matching it with the top sides."

"At stages when we do play the way we want to play to a consistent level we are hard to stop, but the level of inconsistency is too great at the moment," he said.

"The difference between a good side and a poor side is that the good side's poor quarters don't result in nine goals, which is what happened in the last.

"It was a disappointing way to finish the game, there's no doubt."

Lamenting "a draw from hell" in the opening four rounds, Hardwick said, "You've just got to persevere with the guys that are going to take us forward."

"(Collingwood) are where we want to be. They started their process around 2005 - six years ago. We've started ours last year.

"So understand that we've got a fair way to go. But the guys have started to show some signs.

"Conca I thought was very good tonight, Batchelor showed he can compete at the level, so we're finding players along the way, which is a real positive for us."

Hardwick also praised the performances of Brett Deledio and Chris Newman in propping up an inexperienced backline.

And he was pleased with what he saw from former Demons veteran Brad Miller, who kicked just one goal but presented strongly and provided a viable forward alternative to main spearhead Jack Riewoldt.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/111783/default.aspx

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Take heart says Dimma
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
We've been calling for Deledio to go into the middle and he had a good game. Good to see.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers glimpse future, hit by reality (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 05:21:19 AM »
Tigers glimpse future, hit by reality

Michael Horan
    April 16, 2011

RICHMOND gave a glimpse of a bright future last night but also learnt a sober lesson from the best side in the league in its 71-point thrashing by Collingwood at the MCG.

The Tigers came from 50 points down at halftime to reel off a six goals-to-two third term before the premier flexed its muscles and reminded the Tigers of the gap between a top side and battler.

"There's no doubt they're where we aspire to be," Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said of the Magpies.

"They're a bloody good side."

That said, the young Tigers stunned the Pies after the long interval when they kicked five unanswered goals and became the first team this year to post more contested possessions in a quarter than Collingwood.

But younger bodies and a comparative lack of experience resulted in a thorough hiding.

"We've just got to persevere with the talent we've got to take us forward, keep adding to that talent along the way and get our game style up and going. We saw patches of that tonight," Hardwick said.

"We played the reigning premier, we learnt a little about ourselves but also we learnt the level we have to play for four quarters to be a good side.

"We showed that when we play good footy we win the ball and get it going our way, we're quite capable of matching the top sides."

The Tigers have only two points from the opening four games against opponents (Carlton, St Kilda, Hawthorn and Collingwood) who were all finalists last season.

"We've played four really good opponents thus far - a draw from hell, to be perfectly honest ... we played four of the sides the will probably make up the top six this year.

"They (Collingwood) are probably three or four years ahead of us," Hardwick said. "They started their process around 2005, six years ago. We started ours last year, so I understand we've got a fair way to go."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-glimpse-future-hit-by-reality/story-e6frf9jf-1226040008500

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 01:03:43 PM »
By Mark Macgugan

"For a young side, the ups and downs are always going to happen," Damien Hardwick said.

"We showed that when we play good footy, when we win the ball and get it going our way, we're quite capable of matching it with the top sides."

"At stages when we do play the way we want to play to a consistent level we are hard to stop, but the level of inconsistency is too great at the moment," he said.

"The difference between a good side and a poor side is that the good side's poor quarters don't result in nine goals, which is what happened in the last.

Appreciate what you are saying Dimma but have to say it doesn't make me feel any better today

Still feel gutted and perhaps that is because I was so proud at 3 qtr time but then during the final qtr and when the siren sounded I felt like s_hit (shame on me for avoiding the swear filter :banghead)

Will say it again the effort in the final qtr was totally unacceptable and would like to hear you or the club say that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Everyone knows what happened in the last quarter was unacceptable. For now Im willing to support Hardwick as he continues to try and develop the team. Its pretty obvious we have a long way to go. We need another good draft at the end of this year and we need to try and make 1 or 2 real smart trades - and no I dont consider the Houli trade a smart trade or even the Grigg trade as that trade we had Carlton over a barrel.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
Everyone knows what happened in the last quarter was unacceptable. For now Im willing to support Hardwick as he continues to try and develop the team. Its pretty obvious we have a long way to go. We need another good draft at the end of this year and we need to try and make 1 or 2 real smart trades - and no I dont consider the Houli trade a smart trade or even the Grigg trade as that trade we had Carlton over a barrel.

I fully support Hardwick that's not what i was saying

My point was we have had years of spin I will admit I am grumpy today  ;D and sick to death of the club "soft shoe shuffling" around the bleeding obvious...

I say the 4th qtr was unacceptable ...the club says it "was a disappointing way to finish the game, there's no doubt"

For me the final qtr was beyond "disappointing"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »
would say both the first and last quarters efforts would be what you expect Gold Coast to dish up.
Its not about the scoreboard but the total lack of effort.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
Funny that considering we have the same experience as gold coast, even less at times

I really don't get the big deal, Collingwood are going to make plenty of other sides look far worse than they did to us last night. In fact they already have.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »
By Mark Macgugan

Lamenting "a draw from hell" in the opening four rounds, Hardwick said, "You've just got to persevere with the guys that are going to take us forward."

"(Collingwood) are where we want to be. They started their process around 2005 - six years ago. We've started ours last year.

"So understand that we've got a fair way to go. But the guys have started to show some signs.

"Conca I thought was very good tonight, Batchelor showed he can compete at the level, so we're finding players along the way, which is a real positive for us."

Hardwick also praised the performances of Brett Deledio and Chris Newman in propping up an inexperienced backline.

And he was pleased with what he saw from former Demons veteran Brad Miller, who kicked just one goal but presented strongly and provided a viable forward alternative to main spearhead Jack Riewoldt.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/111783/default.aspx
Why play Miller then?... He won't take us forward.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »
I say the 4th qtr was unacceptable ...the club says it "was a disappointing way to finish the game, there's no doubt"

Perhaps it would have read better if it said..
'Pies went to sleep in the third but woke up in the 4th to give us a reality check. No doubt Malthouse would have been disappointed at 3/4 time.'