Author Topic: Who would you trade away for the best 16 yr old in the league???  (Read 901 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
GWS will receive all the same concessions that the Suns have gained plus one extra element to ensure they have experienced players to prop up their team while their young stars develop. The GWS will be able to trade the best 16 year old players in the league in exchange for existing players. I would imagine all club managers will be exploring this question behind doors as we speak including our own.

So who has trade value and who could we trade (could be more than one who bundled together would be traded for a quality youngster) and who would hold any value which would tempt the GWS?

10 FLAGS

Re: Who would you trade away for the best 16 yr old in the league???
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
Foley
McGuane
Edwards
Thursfield
Morton
Tuck
Nahas
Conners

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
I wonder who the saints would be putting up if they dont make the 8.
You'd think they'll be trying to do a quick rebuild while Nick and Goddard are still there.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
We probably won't have much to offer compared to top clubs with established stars or at least decent B-graders who they can afford to offload.

We won't be trading away our best players - Lids, Cotch, Jack, Martin, Newy
We won't be trading away 1-3 year youngsters like Griffiths, Astbury, Vickery, Conca, Batchelor, etc ...
Others I don't see going - Grigg, Moore, Foley

So that leaves only those we'd wouldn't miss but even GWS wouldn't want  :-\. Maybe McGuane would be our best bet of the rest.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »
They wouldnt touch McGuane.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »
They wouldnt touch McGuane.
Fair enough but then they won't touch anyone we would willing let go IMO. They won't touch Tucky, Thursty or Edwards either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »
Tuck will be lining up for them next year ;D Never know with Edwards, could hit form and get some trade value

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »
I would suggest everyone and anyone older than 22. This would include for mine - Foley, Jackson, King, McGuane, Moore, Thursfield, Tuck and even Newman (yes, big call I know  :'() Also to add to that list for mine is Connors, Edwards, Farmer, Gourdis, Morton, Nahas, Tuck and White.

I think you are right though MT - the teams further up the ladder have more depth to draw from when trading and those on the way back down the ladder such as the Saints may even trade some of their older 'stars' too.

The one factor though that we haven't taken into account is that their will not be a definitive list ie Top 5 players you MUST choose from. Really this rule will put the ball completely in the clubs hands. First each club will identify players they feel will be future stars (very risky except for the absolute standouts), gauge the general interest from other clubs and then use all this information to put a trade proposal to the GWS. GWS just need to sit back and let the clubs fight it out over the best potential talent and see which will give them the best trade that suits their list development.

For us, I think we should identify the future needs of the club (holes in list) and target players that fit that rather than just look for the best potential talent alone. If we can get a quality backman, ruckman or goal sneak who the GWS are happy to trade with us for a couple of our 'expendable players' this may be a far better strategy than going after the future No 1 draft pick and having to trade away a quality player/s.

Just my thoughts of course.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 08:15:04 PM »
how good is this kid?

does he have hair on his balls yet?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 03:20:12 AM »
Nobody - We don't need a 16 year old
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 06:03:46 AM »

Yours is the traditional Richmond supporter short cut response, shows absolutely lack of patience and just a short term focus when going younger again would be absolutely the best option for us. Essendon didnt say we dont need a 16 year old when they got Matthew Lloyd all those years ago.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 06:16:21 AM »

Yours is the traditional Richmond supporter short cut response, shows absolutely lack of patience and just a short term focus when going younger again would be absolutely the best option for us. Essendon didnt say we dont need a 16 year old when they got Matthew Lloyd all those years ago.

Kim Duthie?  ;D