Author Topic: Premiership by 2014 realistic: Craig Cameron  (Read 2336 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Premiership by 2014 realistic: Craig Cameron
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:22:47 AM »
Tigers general manager of football Craig Cameron said pre-match a premiership in 2014 was a realistic aim.

With Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin dominating, that dream could well become reality.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/shaken-scott-warns-of-kangaroo-cull-20110424-1dt10.html#ixzz1KSTgFKho

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Premiership by 2014 realistic: Craig Cameron
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
Surprised a bit no one has commented on this. It's one thing to be ambitious but let's wait until we first start making finals before talking premierships within 3 years  :o.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
Its one thing to be optimistic i.e Dimma last night re making the 8 but talk of flags are ludicrous but hey it is Cameron we are talking about.

Thats why we are laughed at when we make stupid statements like this.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »
Surprised a bit no one has commented on this. It's one thing to be ambitious but let's wait until we first start making finals before talking premierships within 3 years  :o.

MT i just shake my head in disbelief when i see these types of comments and try not to bite..

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »
Shouldn't be saying jack man

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 06:36:58 PM »
sometimes though if you say something enough and really believe it ....it just might become reality..The impression that seems to be permeating the whole club is one of being bold and agressive in all areas and thats fine by me...now lets walk the walk and not just talk the talk

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
We are developing. I dont think we should put a roof on it but please can the club not make statements about flags by a certain year.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
We are developing. I dont think we should put a roof on it but please can the club not make statements about flags by a certain year.

I agree with this comment, it's as bad as Wallaces comments about 2011.......we know how that played out.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
Some of our football is terrific. Some of our football is garbage. Some of our football is costing us 6 to 10 goals a games. We need to continue to develop our brand of footy. We need to stop the mistakes and stop costing ourselves 6 to 10 goals a  game. What we really need to do is show some guts at the end of the year at the trade table. We need to go younger again! We need to show courage when it comes to trading. We need to try and get 1 pick out of GWS for a 17 year old player. We need to try and get an early pick in this draft from somewhere else in terms of the main draft. We need to offload some blokes who cant take us to where we need to go. And we need Francis Jackson and his team to have another draft like the last one. Can he find us another Conca? Can he find us a big Key Defender and maybe a tall roaming Half Forward. We may only be 1 draft away from having the foundations of being very very good.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
Some of our football is terrific. Some of our football is garbage. Some of our football is costing us 6 to 10 goals a games. We need to continue to develop our brand of footy. We need to stop the mistakes and stop costing ourselves 6 to 10 goals a  game. What we really need to do is show some guts at the end of the year at the trade table. We need to go younger again! We need to show courage when it comes to trading. We need to try and get 1 pick out of GWS for a 17 year old player. We need to try and get an early pick in this draft from somewhere else in terms of the main draft. We need to offload some blokes who cant take us to where we need to go. And we need Francis Jackson and his team to have another draft like the last one. Can he find us another Conca? Can he find us a big Key Defender and maybe a tall roaming Half Forward. We may only be 1 draft away from having the foundations of being very very good.

i think your spot on Ramps.

Players like Morton, Mcguane, Edwards, Rance and even Jackson are not going to get any better. Lets face it they are what they are.

Jackson we probably need more than the other 4 but still i would throw them all up and see what we get.

Our defence is an unknown. Grimes looks good as does Batch. Rance?? Mcguane-No, Thursfield-No, Still too many holes down back.

IMO we need an A grader at the last line of defence if we are to challenge

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
We need to be aggressive as a playing group, A club and as a supporter base.
Hell, Carlton has put in writing to their members they can do 2 flags by 2014- not 1 but 2.....
 ;D

The wheels are in motion, they just need to continue moving in our favor

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »

i think your spot on Ramps.

Players like Morton, Mcguane, Edwards, Rance and even Jackson are not going to get any better. Lets face it they are what they are.

Jackson we probably need more than the other 4 but still i would throw them all up and see what we get.

Our defence is an unknown. Grimes looks good as does Batch. Rance?? Mcguane-No, Thursfield-No, Still too many holes down back.

IMO we need an A grader at the last line of defence if we are to challenge

Both great posts - I would prefer we develop our own players first before we trade for other clubs. Having said that, the grigg and houli trades appear far better than our history of the past few years.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
Its one thing to be optimistic i.e Dimma last night re making the 8 but talk of flags are ludicrous but hey it is Cameron we are talking about.

Thats why we are laughed at when we make stupid statements like this.

It doesn't matter who said it - I reckon they all believe it is possible they are all on the same page remember
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
What is the best 22 2014 before the draft/trade period?

How many pieces of the premiership 22 is currently on the list?