Author Topic: Coburg v Boxhill report  (Read 2195 times)

Offline SPOCK

• Future Richmond star
Coburg v Boxhill report
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:02:34 AM »
Coburg's midfield was absolutely smashed on sunday, 32-4 centre clearences to Boxhill, 1 centre clearence to Coburg in the last 3 qtrs and that was a soccer
The loss of Tuck, Nason and Webbs, crippled the Coburg midfield and put the backs under constant pressure and gave the forwards little chance with unbalanced and rushed deliveries
Huge work rate by the Boxhill mids with massive numbers forward and back, terrific spread, played like Hawthorn
RFC players
Astbury... was the same player that was dropped, seems to have lost confidence under the ball, positions himself well, but can't get his hands to the ball with spoils or marks, had 15 or 16 possessions, due to the time the ball spent in the backine, but average effort
Thursty...did ok,  prob had 12 or so spoils till he left the ground with a calf or quad, wont see him for a couple of weeks
 Morton....started half back went to a wing then half forward didnt really do well anywhere, body language wasnt good, should be left on the  wing for a couple of weeks and let settle
 Contin ...was one of the beaten midfield,  got a bit of the ball but decision making was terrible, still looks a long way offf
 Hicks.....no input, no work rate, miles off
 Hellbig....played half forward and midfield worked reasonabley hard without finding the ball had little input
 Connors.. woefully out of form, left the ground injured, wont be in a Richmond jumper for a while
 Farmer...started forward went into the midfield then back, had very little input, looked very underdone
The only positives
 Browne.. BOG for Coburg, rucked well, DIDNT DROP A MARK, pushed forward, kicked goals, tackled, found space all around the ground, best game Ive seen him play, most important looked confident in evervthing he did and against AFL opposition and in a thrashing, has done enough the past 3 weeks to get an AFL recall but dont really see how he fits in, Hardwick has forsaken CHF to a back up ruckman and while Vickery has been ordinary Browne certainly isnt going to to get that roll, and hard to see Gus getting dropped while he is being asked to play 92% of game time, Browney maybe stuck in the 2s regardless of form
Post... did  well again, in a horrific day for tall forwards, with so few opitunities, he continued to take strong contested marks, is in very good form right now and should be playing CHF for Richmond, hits the packs so hard, has the potential to kill someone, worked very hard for little result
Gourdis.. Goo got a bad day to move back to the forward line, but was better then ok, he and Posty played lead up opposite sides of the ground, led well all day to very poor forward deliveries, like Post worked very hard for very little result, showed great speed and pressure to get hands into 2 Boxhill breaks out of the forward that turned the ball over and resulted in  2 Coburg goals, kicked a brilliant Liam Jurrah type goal, took the ball off the top of the pack hit the ground running weaved through traffic and kicked a leftside check banana from a 90 degree angle, is much more flamboyant as a forward.
Derickx...got through his first full game for 7 weeks, looked underdone and a bit rusty, played forward mostley 1 run a qtr in the ruck, took a couple of good contested marks, very good aggression at the centre bounces but prob 3-4 weeks away from AFL consideration, but once again if we going to play 1 and a 1/2 ruckman, are we going to play a ruckman a CHF or a CHF in the ruck, that very much depends on how he and Browne fit

tony_montana

Re: Coburg v Boxhill report
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »
Time for Posty to get a run of 4-5 weeks in the seniors. Drop Graham and play Vickery as number 1 ruck with Post pinch hitting or drop Vickery and let posty play the pinch hitting role, either way its Posty's turn

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks for the detailed report SPOCK.
Hopefully Browne can come into the team over next couple of weeks.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:53 PM »
Thanks for the report.

I thought browne was the best coburg player in the game bs sandy. I don't think if you bringhim in for Graham he will do any worse. And has youth on his side.

I think the Richmond forward line could funtion better well with post, griffiths, riewoldt as the 3 forward targets. Moore over mcgaune would be nice too.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
I think it's too much to ask Browne to take over from Graham considering he's playing about 90% of our games at AFL level, too much of a step up.
Would think he may take Vickery's spot after a couple of quiet weeks

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »
I think it's too much to ask Browne to take over from Graham considering he's playing about 90% of our games at AFL level, too much of a step up.

Step up to what Inf?  All he has to do is get hitouts because the incumbent can't take a mark to save his life.  Ditch the sook and give 'Big Red' a go!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:38:01 PM »

Step up to what Inf?  All he has to do is get hitouts because the incumbent can't take a mark to save his life.  Ditch the sook and give 'Big Red' a go!

:bow

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »

Inf: Vickery's spot? Are you suggesting playing BrownE as a CHF or deep forward rather than a ruckman.  :-\ Dont think that would work or be fair on the kid

Love you work smokey  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
Miller Pitch hit in ruck ?
Post ?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »
iirc post went in the ruck in rnd 22 last yr v the power and played his best game 4 us

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »
Browne #1 ruck.
Post #2 ruck / chf

Down the track bring in griffiths forward pocket [miller]. Moore chb [mcgaune]

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »
Step up to the workload, I don't think Browne is ready to do any more than 60% gametime coming from his VFL fitness base.

Inf: Vickery's spot? Are you suggesting playing BrownE as a CHF or deep forward rather than a ruckman.  :-\ Dont think that would work or be fair on the kid
I can't remember the last time I've seen Vickery lining up at CHF. Browne can rotate forward, but Vickery has certainly been taking some of the centre bounce hitouts and I think we can't just expect Browne to come in and ruck the whole game so we could give him the 30-40% of ruck work that Vickery has been taking.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 07:05:50 AM »

I can't remember the last time I've seen Vickery lining up at CHF. Browne can rotate forward, but Vickery has certainly been taking some of the centre bounce hitouts and I think we can't just expect Browne to come in and ruck the whole game so we could give him the 30-40% of ruck work that Vickery has been taking.

I don't think we can afford ot have Gus & BrownE in the same team.

As for Vickery & CHF - I did say CHF or deep forward. I don't reckon BrownE at this stage could play either of those roles, though come to think of it; Vickery isn't doing great at it at the minute either  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
iirc post went in the ruck in rnd 22 last yr v the power and played his best game 4 us

spot on - That way you have Post and Miller who can both pinch hit in the ruck.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 12:53:45 PM »
They will both need to carry a stepladder with them as Brisbane are very tall in the rucking department