Author Topic: Richmond interested in Scott Watters as an assistant coach (Herald-Sun)  (Read 3510 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rivals keen to lure key Collingwood assistant coaches

Jay Clark
    April 28, 2011

COLLINGWOOD assistant coaches Scott Watters and Mark Neeld are in growing demand from clubs intent on poaching the Pies' premiership blueprint.

Collingwood is desperate to re-sign the pair, who are out of contract for 2012.

Big-money offers could lure the duo elsewhere, with rivals putting a high value on Collingwood coaching intelligence.

... Greater Western Sydney, Richmond and Melbourne have inquired about Watters' future.

Watters helped mastermind the Pies' defensive press, which last season set an AFL record for the time the ball spent in the forward half.

Watters took over from Neeld as the Pies' backline coach at the start of last season after winning two premierships in three years in charge of WAFL club Subiaco.

His work with young Collingwood stoppers Nathan Brown, Ben Reid, Alan Toovey and, more recently, veteran forward Leon Davis, has been highly rated.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rivals-keen-to-lure-key-collingwood-assistant-coaches/story-e6frf9jf-1226045856189

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Would be a good get if he came across.

gerkin greg

Leppa might not think so  :lol

gerkin greg

Be interested in sussing out Roy Laird

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Yep, would be great to get him with our youthful back line growing.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

He has some runs on the board as an assistant so yes If we could get him why not?

tony_montana

Go hard, will be interesting to see if the FTF helps us increase our coaching personel at seasons end. Gotta think the new ME centre facilities, the FTF and the progression of some very good young talent will make us an appealing proposition to assistant coaches.

Also, I've personally seen Mark Neeld in action when he was at the Western Jets, very impressive operator

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I seriously think we need some experience amongst the assistants.

Lade, Leppa, Stevens, Campbell, etc all relatively new players but i would love a Waters, Sanderson or a Neeld to complement them.

I dont know about the pedigree of Daly but i hear he aint much chop.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
How can you possibly qualify that comment? What information do you have to support this opinion or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
IIRC Daly was given lots of praise last year in helping JR develop his game even further last year.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond interested in Scott Watters as an assistant coach (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 10:08:59 AM »
How can you possibly qualify that comment? What information do you have to support this opinion or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

Read what i wrote, although i understand it may be hard for people like yourself  but again read closely.

"I dont know about the pedigree of Daly but i hear he aint much chop" The truth is i dont know just saying what i heard like half the stuff thats said on this site.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:57:48 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »

Read what i wrote, although i understand it may be hard for people like yourself but again read closely.

"I dont know about the pedigree of Daly but i hear he aint much chop" The truth is i dont know just saying what i heard like half the stuff thats said on this site.
I know what you said, I asked for the evidence you have seeing as you "hear he isn't much chop"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:58:04 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

Read what i wrote, although i understand it may be hard for people like yourself but again read closely.

I know what you said, I asked for the evidence you have seeing as you "hear he isn't much chop"

evidence. ooh my you are thick. Did i say that was my opinion.

Ill say it again and this timeslowwwwllllyyyyyy for you

i hear it aint much chop is what i heard. What evidence do you want. The person i spoke to and time and place. Would that help? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Okay i confess it was X who i spoke to as he knows all about the inner sanctums of our great club, in partciculary the role Dimma had for Tambling last year.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:58:56 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

evidence. ooh my you are thick. Did i say that was my opinion.

Ill say it again and this timeslowwwwllllyyyyyy for you

i hear it aint much chop is what i heard. What evidence do you want. The person i spoke to and time and place. Would that help? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Okay i confess it was X who i spoke to as he knows all about the inner sanctums of our great club, in partciculary the role Dimma had for Tambling last year.

Well how about quantifying your comments by explaining who you heard it from that said he was not much chop! Was it players? Was it Dimma? Was it pub talk? Was it put in there to back up a baseless claim? "I heard it" is not enough evidence!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
what I can gather is this.
Nathan Buckley has informed the powers of Collingwood that he will bring in his own team in 2012, to include all footy day personnel , so therefore you can conclude the all assistants will not have contracts renewed.
even personnel on the bench have been informed that they mighten have a role in 2012.
interesting times ahead at the westpac centre.