Author Topic: GWS  (Read 1237 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
GWS
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:34:37 PM »
Can't find a thread on this.

Do we have any players that GWS could sign?

Players like Post, Browne etc?

GC isn't exactly a promotional tool for new franchises. Although they did get a win, today was ugly.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: GWS
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
Can't find a thread on this.

Do we have any players that GWS could sign?

Players like Post, Browne etc?

GC isn't exactly a promotional tool for new franchises. Although they did get a win, today was ugly.

Morton for draft picks!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »
Mcgaune. Westhoff. Hislop. Package deal.

Mature bodies for the fb. Ff. Middle. Postion to support the first year players. 

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »

From the contracts thread, these are the players who are due for contract negotiations this year,

2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
i thought rance signed a 3 year deal when hardwick joined us
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »

From the contracts thread, these are the players who are due for contract negotiations this year,

2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley
I remember when we traded our captain Hogg to Fitzroy in a great deal that landed us dundas, butch Gale and Broderick.

Would anyone be game enough to trade our captain now? As much as I love the guy I definately would have to consider it for the right trade.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:41:32 PM »

I remember when we traded our captain Hogg to Fitzroy in a great deal that landed us dundas, butch Gale and Broderick.

Would anyone be game enough to trade our captain now? As much as I love the guy I definately would have to consider it for the right trade.

would never happen Newman is held in an enormous regard by the club
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
GWS have a 2 year window in which they can sign un-contracted players, in regards to who they can sign from our club, well the only star we have who they can possibly sign is Deledio.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
Gold Coast's first year should put a few younger players off who haven't won a flag. Why leave a club (especially one on the up like ours) to go to another that is 4-5 years off playing finals. Older players at clubs whose window has passed are more likely to go as retirement isn't too far away and the $$$ on offer will give them a handy retirement fund.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd