Author Topic: Any Father sons to look out for?  (Read 200582 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Any Father sons to look out for?
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2018, 12:22:51 AM »
Forget getting any other NT talent unless they're the sons of Maurice Rioli or Joel Bowden...if they're any good, the clubs that were given NGA zones up there will jump on them.....as usual we get gyped by the AFL as the only Vic club with neither a Vic Metro nor an NT zone.... :shh

I Have mentioned this before. Why is that the case Dio?

Maybe the AFL expects us to poach like we did in the 70's.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2018, 07:57:37 AM »
I remember reading or hearing a story that the club was of the opinion that we should have had first rights to drafting quaynor and not collingwood.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2018, 08:48:13 AM »
I remember reading or hearing a story that the club was of the opinion that we should have had first rights to drafting quaynor and not collingwood.

What's the go there with that story ?.You know the pies get anything there way from the afl.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »

It was only an opinion piece from a poster. Quanor did some work around the club as part of some leadership program but we had no dibs on him whatsoever.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2018, 01:46:06 PM »
Forget getting any other NT talent unless they're the sons of Maurice Rioli or Joel Bowden...if they're any good, the clubs that were given NGA zones up there will jump on them.....as usual we get gyped by the AFL as the only Vic club with neither a Vic Metro nor an NT zone.... :shh

Because the AFL is run by biased & incompetent arseclowns..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »

Because the AFL is run by biased & incompetent arseclowns..... :shh

pretty sure you will find RFC requested & pushed hard for the region we ended up with

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »
Yeah that still doesn't really explain why we didn't also get a second zone in a Metro area or the NT like every other club did... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
Yeah that still doesn't really explain why we didn't also get a second zone in a Metro area or the NT like every other club did... :shh

probably because of the time & cost involved in having separate regions ?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2018, 02:26:36 PM »
As you can see....

....every club bar GWS - who don't count for obvious reasons- got a regional & metro zone except us  ...Hawthorn even got a Vic country , Metro and NT zone.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »

probably because of the time & cost involved in having separate regions ?

When you consider struggling minnows like North, St.Kilda and the Dogs all received seperate regions it seems highly unlikeky that was the case.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »
The main thing that bugs me about this is that when the two main criteria for NGA eligibilty are indigenous   and ethnic backgrounds, we're the only club without a zone in either the western states which are the hotbeds of indigenous talent and we're the only club without a zone in a metro area where the vast majority of ethnic kids live....seems like it kind of puts us behind the eight-ball to start with... :shh
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:10:21 PM by Diocletian »

- Gustav Mahler

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2018, 03:16:06 PM »
The main thing that bugs me about this is that when the two main criteria for NGA eligibilty are indigenous   and ethnic backgrounds, we're the only club without a zone in either the western states which are the hotbeds of indigenous talent and we're the only club without a zone in a metro area where the vast majority of ethnic kids live....seems like it kind of puts us behind the eight-ball to start with... :shh

Puzzling decsion to when you add to that the indigenous centre set up we have the best in the afl by a mile to.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2018, 03:20:35 PM »

there are large sudanese enclaves in Shep etc & large indigenous populations in our NW vic zone, not perfect but not as bad as you are suggesting I dont beleive

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
There are big differences in the skill pool of various indigenous communities.

The Northern Territory seems to have developed far more indigenous Afl players than Victoria.

To that point I can't remember any gun indigenous player coming from northern Victoria.

Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory have produced an amazing number of talented indigenous players.

Wirrapunda is the only gun I can remember and he came from Gippsland.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »

there are large sudanese enclaves in Shep etc & large indigenous populations in our NW vic zone, not perfect but not as bad as you are suggesting I dont beleive
we dont get everything right taz. we got this one wrong