Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 29534 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #285 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »

i know lets just give all that grant money back that we got for our new facilities. seems to me theres a lot of sooking and excuse making simply because far too many got expectations up rated us better than we actually are and when inevitably we come crashing back to earth the wrist slashing and knives come out.
how many times does it have to be said this yr is all about developing and getting games into our kids nothing more. if people look real close and try to be just a tiny bit unbiased we have not been that great to date and last night was an event just waiting to happen.

so true.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #286 on: May 29, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
And BTW TIO stadium is a joke and not an AFL standard venue the AFL should be ashamed  :banghead
Apparently they spent $27,000 on upgrading the lights BEFORE last night  ???

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114973/default.aspx

problem with the lights are this
They recently relamped the towers using 2000 watt Metal Halide lamps.
They were advised to change the control gear for the lamps as well, as they are stuffed and are drawing too much power
The problem isnt with the lamps themselves but the ballast( control gear ) that control the lights

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
Look, sugar coat it all you want, WE ARE NOT THERE......bring on the draft picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets finish last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Progress next year....WE ARE NOT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
Im just tired of losing and Id like my side to be winners thats all  :gotigers

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »

BINGO !!!!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »

BINGO !!!!

Do I get a prize  ;D

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »

Problem with the lights are they don't get you peeed. Gotta drink heavies man
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »
Tell that to Hully. he's peeed after 3 cans of light beer. What a joke of a bloke

the claw

« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2011, 06:19:26 PM »
You can only play whats out there at any given point in time within reason claw.
We can control what we are doing and depending on how well we control the opposition will depend on whether we win or not.
It is of no fault of ours that we have played opposition that is below strength and won b/c had we lost those we would be arking up and complaining about we lost to an understrength side blah blah blah.

I still think our wins are positive and I still see that you also raise some valid points. The excitement generated in the last month has been as a result of our on field efforts but until we can beat the sides we should beat as was the case two weeks ago and last night we will always be battlers at best who have a brief moment in the sun because we are the flavour of the week and then we are back on the backberner.

Perhaps also theis talk of 3-0-75 although realistic is still a fair way off and may never eventuate as the way I see it if we want to consider ourselves a Big 4 club we shouldn't be selling our home games anywhere for anything. Until that day I am prepared to wait but we are half way through Dimma's tenure and he has done wonders so far but he needs to get the consistency into the side and address our defensive and ruck issues.
look in honesty i dont disagree with to much of that. all im trying to do is get people to keep things in perspective.we have had a good rub of the green.
we dont have the players to take us to top 4 in fact if we were to make the 8 it would be an out and out over achievement based more on luck than worthiness or readiness.
we lack in many areas. We have a long way to go but we all know this deep down, so why all the angst when we lose.

Ya know if we played games with few kids and lost like we did in the wallace and frawley yrs id be filthy. Thing is we are playing kids and we need to play as many as possible as often as possible, if we lose doing this so be it.
We are locked into the process and it would be utter folly to change tack now. we need to find those who can take us forward and probably more important quickly identify those who cant and keep on turning over the list until we do find those that can.

I think it highly likely over the next 2 or 3 seasons we will turn over another 20 odd players we will be not much different to a lot of other clubs. We need to find kpps ruckmen quality smalls  and we need to build depth across the board.
all i want is for our supporters to get it into their heads we are in just yr bloody 2 of what may end up being a complete overhaul of the list. any wins we get atm should be looked upon as a bonus and good for our kids morale. but lets not let a few wins against ordinary or struggling sides cloud where we are actually at and what needs to be done.

im like everyone else i want to win,  but i dont want to forever and a day just get the odd win against ordinary sides and this is what will happen if we dont properly go thru the rebuild process now.
 I am prepared to go thru lots of pain now or over the next couple of seasons so we can win on a regular basis and actually challenge for a flag in the future.
 People just have to realise it takes time and they have to reign in expectations for the short term.They also have to be realistic about our players and how good they are.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
Tell that to Hully. he's peeed after 3 cans of light beer. What a joke of a bloke
Hully drinks cider at the footy JT..... P.oof !   Mind you he's got a point. At least it gets you there. Better than $28 for a plastic cup of flat light beer.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2011, 06:59:09 PM »
Hully drinks cider at the footy JT..... P.oof !   Mind you he's got a point. At least it gets you there. Better than $28 for a plastic cup of flat light beer.

Cider?

Always thought of him as a Snapple n Tonic soughta guy.....

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »
Cider?

Always thought of him as a Snapple n Tonic soughta guy.....
He's a whipped bitch. Does what he's told these days

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »
And BTW TIO stadium is a joke and not an AFL standard venue the AFL should be ashamed  :banghead
Apparently they spent $27,000 on upgrading the lights BEFORE last night  ???

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114973/default.aspx

I was talking about the lights, although that was a joke as well

I was talking about the ammenities for the fans. The seats in the Grandstande were crap, I am not that tall but struth my legs were crushed in there like bloody sardines, the tiolets were a throwback to the old VFL venues and the food stalls were a site unto themselves

As for the lighting situation, OMG  :gobdrop :gobdrop

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: May 29, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

Problem with the lights are they don't get you peeed. Gotta drink heavies man

no problems with that at TIO stadium

A throwback to the 1970's: beer sold in cans

They were advised to change the control gear for the lamps as well, as they are stuffed and are drawing too much power
The problem isnt with the lamps themselves but the ballast( control gear ) that control the lights

The lights went out the first time in the final qtr of the Foxtel cup game, just one tower and then when the AFL sides were warming up the 2nd tower went out

The word around the stadium at the time was the grid couldn't cope with the extra power being used over at the Pint Club & Hockey ground... it wasn't a great look I must say  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:38:35 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
all i can say is such impatience and lack of realism from the supporters is well mind boggling.

Never a truer word spoken on this forum Claw.   :clapping