Author Topic: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce  (Read 11432 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 11:32:15 PM »
The club has stuffed up here.

Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 11:33:06 PM »
One word

Unprofessional.

I think the unprofessional comes in when you consider Port were in Darwin a day early while a couple of our boys were in TV studios.

Thursday Night, Daniel Jackson was watching a band till late at the Corner Hotel, Lids was on the Footy Show, and Jack was at the Greyhounds at Sandown Park.
Port players had a training session from 8pm till 10.00pm at the ground on Thursday Night, say no more

The Football Manager needs to explain because this is just a disgrace if its true

Ox

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »
UnPro on so many levels tonite

Benny- this is ur first stuff up.

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 11:42:34 PM »
Agree with Tuckerbag

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 11:44:37 PM »
One word

Unprofessional.

I think the unprofessional comes in when you consider Port were in Darwin a day early while a couple of our boys were in TV studios.
Thursday Night, Daniel Jackson was watching a band till late at the Corner Hotel, Lids was on the Footy Show, and Jack was at the Greyhounds at Sandown Park.
Port players had a training session from 8pm till 10.00pm at the ground on Thursday Night, say no more

The Football Manager needs to explain because this is just a disgrace if its true
We followed our normal procedure for an interstate match, Port came up a day early

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
One word

Unprofessional.

That's the clubs fault not the players knowing its at least a 5 hr trip to Darwin and leaving the day before the game. SHould have left on Wednesday and trained there on Thursday and Friday and acclimatise. Cancel all engagements and get the players up there. Poor decision made by the club as a whole and this one stinks from the top. I still don't blame the players for this. This has been poorly managed. If it was in Melb we wouldn't be talking about where the boys were on Thursday night. It's not like we've never had anyone on TFS before or Jack has not been to the Dishlickers. Just poor execution of player preparation and management this week by the RFC.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 11:59:54 PM »
you would have thought all players would of had an early night the night before they fly out.
Should of flown there on thursday, not friday

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »
you would have thought all players would of had an early night the night before they fly out.
Should of flown there on thursday, not friday
I must admit when i read in the aper that we were flying out the day before that i was concerned! heat raining at Punt Rd versus training on the ground proper? Lets fly up a day early! Especially when you make a quarter of a mil from the game!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 12:04:02 AM »
We followed our normal procedure for an interstate match, Port came up a day early

I reckon the difference though is that this isn't your normal interstate trip, but is one of the few that requires a fair bit of acclimatising and I think a different preperation could be justified.

For example you don't hear of us training in the heat chamber before playing in QLD or Perth.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

the claw

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 12:04:15 AM »
looked a superb surface to me similar size ground to mcg as well  didnt see us play in the dark. seems to me a lot of supporters have got in front of themselves.
just because the club and some its players manage to play some reasonable footy for a very short period does it mean those players have arrived or the club for that matter.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 12:04:38 AM »
can tell you players had sleeps this arvo as they didnt sleep well on Friday Night

Ox

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 12:06:10 AM »
One word

Unprofessional.

That's the clubs fault not the players knowing its at least a 5 hr trip to Darwin and leaving the day before the game. SHould have left on Wednesday and trained there on Thursday and Friday and acclimatise. Cancel all engagements and get the players up there. Poor decision made by the club as a whole and this one stinks from the top. I still don't blame the players for this. This has been poorly managed. If it was in Melb we wouldn't be talking about where the boys were on Thursday night. It's not like we've never had anyone on TFS before or Jack has not been to the Dishlickers. Just poor execution of player preparation and management this week by the RFC.

In closing....
Unprofessional.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 12:10:36 AM »
can tell you players had sleeps this arvo as they didnt sleep well on Friday Night

they were all out until 930ish last night as they were all sitting on a table next to us at a Thai place. Yep true and we left at 9 and they were still there eating.

Such professionals we have got on our hands. All i saw them do that was strenuous was a walk this morning

How we didnt arrive on Thursday and train at night NOT is absolutely beyond me.

This is just plain embarassing
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
reminded me of an under 16s trip to Leongatha.

LMAO @ Light towers not working :gotigers

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 12:12:36 AM »
Just a mess, Captain Blood would be turning in his grave seeing this.
Go Tigers!