Author Topic: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce  (Read 11438 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
Just a mess, Captain Blood would be turning in his grave seeing this.
I am turning in mine and i am not even in it yet!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 12:16:31 AM »
We have another year of this and a game in Cairns against GC17.
We should request the AFL to schedule GWS in Darwin next year. :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 12:20:31 AM »
Just a mess, Captain Blood would be turning in his grave seeing this.
I am turning in mine and i am not even in it yet!

You know what it is boys. Lets say we sell our MCG game against Geelong go to Darwin get flogged by the Cats we sit here and say at least we get the cash for selling the game blah blah blah because we expect to lose to the Cats but b/c Port are skata and have been woeful and blokes like Pearce, Motlop, Broadbent, Boak, Gray, Westhoff played allright tonight and one the back of last week we expected to win and so we should we are fuming more than if this game was being played as a normal fixture in Melbourne and so we should as we have been seduced by the club over the past month and we have been stood up tonight.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:17 AM »
The team simply played poo.

If we had won, playing in Darwin would barely rate a mention and no doubt everyone would be raving about the fact that we'd wiped 500 k off the debt. :rollin

However we lost so everyone has a whinge about everything.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 12:38:12 AM »
Fact is we should beat Port if the game was played anywhere, anytime.

For sure Big Fella. I effin hate selling home games but there's no excuse. Hopefully RFC take the boys up there for a few weeks over the summer to get a clue coz we simply didn't handle the condtions at all. Have a look at Cotch tonite. He's got some of cleanest hands in the business but fumbled all night. Ball was like soap in our hands and we missed about 10 very gettable goals at the left of screen end , all of which drifted to the left of the goals.
 We played poo and we need the bye.

Browne was pox. Tried but... Gus BOG in the magoos today comes in for him. Helbig was ordinary tonite 2.

Foley was good , so was Nahas.

Eff we copped it from the umps tonite I reckon. Worst this year. Anyone know the free kick count ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »
[
Eff we copped it from the umps tonite I reckon. Worst this year. Anyone know the free kick count ?

I used to have this theory that the lower placed teams copped it from the umpires. But Port were bottom of the ladder, and they could do no wrong by the red maggots tonight. The scumpires absolutely bent us over tonight :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »
can tell you players had sleeps this arvo as they didnt sleep well on Friday Night

they were all out until 930ish last night as they were all sitting on a table next to us at a Thai place. Yep true and we left at 9 and they were still there eating.

Such professionals we have got on our hands. All i saw them do that was strenuous was a walk this morning

How we didnt arrive on Thursday and train at night NOT is absolutely beyond me.

This is just plain embarassing
OH MY GOD, THEY WERE STILL AWAKE AT 930!? HOW DARE THEY!!!
They should be in bed by 8pm like all good little boys
God our supporters are a bunch of dicks

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 01:01:19 AM »
Yep I agree Inf they were at a restaurant. No probs there. In fact if they were in their hotel rooms they would have more than likely been up anyway. Personally I just thought they should have flown up earlier in the week. Longer flight and totally different climatic conditions to those being experienced in Melb this week. May have made a difference in the end.

I can remember last year Port came off their Darwin match against the Dees to face us in horrible conditions and  we soundly beat them. I just think if you know its going to be different weather to that you are experiencing go early and expose yourself to it to give you the most time available to adjust.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 01:09:13 AM »
Personally I just thought they should have flown up earlier in the week. May have made a difference in the end.

No doubt about it. We just couldn't mark the thing or take clean possession. A training session in those conditions was essential.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2011, 01:32:58 AM »
The team simply played poo.

If we had won, playing in Darwin would barely rate a mention and no doubt everyone would be raving about the fact that we'd wiped 500 k off the debt. :rollin

However we lost so everyone has a whinge about everything.

The club has to be accountable for their decisions MM.

Home ground advantage is important especially against travelling teams. If you both travel it cancels out each other, worse if you travel to a neutral venue the opposition has more experience at.

If it were round 22 and you needed to win the game you wouldn't send the team up to China to win.

$ was priority over 4 points for this game.

Team gets complacent with a group holiday aswell as losing the advantage of having home ground advantage, the opposition gets a boost knowing that they are a better chance at Darwin then at the MCG. Add all these factors together and you get what was served up tonight.

Common denominator - the decision to sell the game to Darwin.

Go Tigers!

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »

If it were round 22 and you needed to win the game you wouldn't send the team up to China to win.

$ was priority over 4 points for this game.

True mate but no matter what way it gets spun they were a rabble and on the bottom. We should've beaten them

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:50 AM »
We should have SHitted it in.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:02:40 AM by one-eyed »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »
can tell you players had sleeps this arvo as they didnt sleep well on Friday Night

they were all out until 930ish last night as they were all sitting on a table next to us at a Thai place. Yep true and we left at 9 and they were still there eating.

Such professionals we have got on our hands. All i saw them do that was strenuous was a walk this morning

How we didnt arrive on Thursday and train at night NOT is absolutely beyond me.

This is just plain embarassing
OH MY GOD, THEY WERE STILL AWAKE AT 930!? HOW DARE THEY!!!
They should be in bed by 8pm like all good little boys
God our supporters are a bunch of dicks

so according to you its okay for our players to be out late Thursday night watching bands and out at 930 day before a game then complain that they cant sleep. The only dick here is you pal. Afternoon naps day of the game.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

I can say this guess how many port Players i saw in Darwin my whole stay? None. They trained at night with the same conditions we trained during the day

They showed us up and deserved their win.

This has nothing to do with development our club lost the 4 points for the players before the ball was bounced.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »
This has nothing to do with development our club lost the 4 points for the players before the ball was bounced.

That is crazy talk.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
at the end of thr day
Port paid for the extra night and trained under lights from 8-10pm on Thursday Night.
and they won the game
end of story.
poor effort RFC