Author Topic: Training Today 13/02/05  (Read 1685 times)

Bulluss

Training Today 13/02/05
« on: February 13, 2005, 05:39:01 PM »
I was down at the club this morning and seen probably the second half of training.

Most of the players were involved in a drill which involved mainly Campbell kicking to a leading forward. Not one pass that i seen was kicked outside of the corridor. Players who were leading wide(Richo the main one) did not even get a look in.

Good to see Hilton involved in this drill and twisting and turning a bit, although he wasnt going flat out as usual.

Brown was the main target leading from the goal square, could be a sign of something to expect during the season.

David King was running this drill and often pulled players aside to give them some advice.

After this finished most players had goal kicking practice. David Weadon spent a fair amount of time working with Happy Gilmore on his action, may see him in a forward pocket this year.

It was good to see a few players stay back and work on some of their weakness'. Hyde was working with King and Royal, King was handballing to Hyde who would then have to hit Royal with a stab pass off 2 steps. Got better as time went on and Hyde seemed determined to make it work asking for more time to get it right.

Brown also stayed back doing some competetive working and then taking quick snaps at goal. As most of you would know, Brown is an absolute freak in the way he just knows where the goals are. He would be moving back and forwards chasing the ball and the trainor with him would say goal and didnt matter where he was he kept splitting the middle. His set shot conversion rate seemed to be good also.

Sorry i dont have any more info, but feel free to ask questions. I also have some photos i will try and get up.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Training Today 13/02/05
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 07:13:09 PM »
Great stuff Bully  :cheers

Good to hear a number of the boys staying behind to work on their game. Professionalism has arrived at Punt Road  :thumbsup

Most of the players were involved in a drill which involved mainly Campbell kicking to a leading forward. Not one pass that i seen was kicked outside of the corridor. Players who were leading wide(Richo the main one) did not even get a look in.

:bow Hopefully that continues under real match pressure and the days of our midfielders having the Richo blinkers on are over. The test for us will be to not fall back into bad old habits when under pressure.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Training Today 13/02/05
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 12:35:35 AM »
Thanks for the report mate :thumbsup