Author Topic: A Disturbing Stat!!  (Read 575 times)

Offline JBFTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • A Fighting Fury
A Disturbing Stat!!
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »
Let me first say how pleased I am that we are finally taking a leap forward and playing some really good footy this season. It so encouraging the way the team is finally starting to gel and follow what is I think an exciting attacking games plan.  :clapping

Having said that, something that has really disturbed me is the amount of times that we have given back goals so quickly after we have kicked one.

As at the end of Round 11 (10 games for us):

- We have conceeded 159 goals
- 25 of these or 16% have been kicked within two minutes of us scoring! :banghead
- a further 22 have been scored between 2 minutes and 4 minutes.

Not sure if it is a concentration thing or not - but it is probably my biggest frustration this year!

Any ideas ???
 :gotigers

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: A Disturbing Stat!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:53:02 PM »
Inexperienced midfield.
That's the answer 8)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »
How do those stats compare with other clubs, JBF Tiger?

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »
Reflects our stats for contested possessions and centre clearances.  When we score, we effectively give over first use to the opposition in the middle because of the poor work in the centre clearances. 

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »
TT is probably correct - our contested ball use and clearances have been well down on previous years yet for mine, we have a better midfield. Perhaps the lack of Tucky in the center has done it coupled with the oppositions increased focus in this area. Teams were happy to let Tucky get the ball out of the middle as he invariably banged the ball to boot.

Is a strange one though JBFT - might be a combination of the above and additional fatigue and a weaker defence??? I'm only guessing though.