Author Topic: Privacy Issue - Hawkers!  (Read 2678 times)

froars

Privacy Issue - Hawkers!
« on: February 15, 2005, 03:09:25 PM »
Don't have a clue how i found this page, but i did while i was searching for something or other at work today.

But it seems to be a database of Hawthorn members.  And although it doesn't give out their addresses, i believe I would be pretty upset to see one of these on the Richmond site if i found my name and suburb listed there.

Discuss!

http://hawthornfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=membership&spg=hawklifetime

PS:  Amazing the number of people called Rover, Spot or Toby  :rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Privacy Issue - Hawkers!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 03:28:33 PM »
But it seems to be a database of Hawthorn members.  And although it doesn't give out their addresses, i believe I would be pretty upset to see one of these on the Richmond site if i found my name and suburb listed there.

I would guess that the members would have to give their permission. A simple yes or no on the membership renewal form regarding publishing a name - I doubt they could publish it any other way.

Some people would love having their name on the Club's website I reckon

As for the Rovers, Spots etc those Pet Memberships are money for jam when you think about it :thumbsup a very easy way to make a few $$$ without having to do very much
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 03:38:06 PM »
You would hope they asked for permission as they've listed full names and suburb. If you were up to no good you could easily find out in most cases where these people live and their phone numbers.

Apart from the privacy issue it would be a pretty pointless thing to do on the Richmond website as non-members could use someone else's name and membership number to access the EOTT members only section.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:40:18 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 11:12:39 PM »
I see one of our top 4 draft picks is on the list. Doubt he'll renew this year. ;D
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott