Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee, Sunday June 26  (Read 4933 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Coburg vs Werribee, Sunday June 26
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
Great to heat griffeendorf in good nick.

Give him a few week rest and let him continue vfl. Unleash 2012

1 week and if his right to go unleash him now and get those games into him now, not 2012.

How can a 70% fit Griffiths not be better for our future than a fully fit Miller. Does anyone not intoxicated or high, honestly believe that Miller is a better option than Griffiths or Post right now.

we all dont rate Post okay but some of us also didnt rate Rance and he seems to be improving. Post at the very least needs to come in for Miller.
:clapping exactly.
Miller was the worst decision the club has made since Kent Kingsley. Bring in Griffiths ASAP.

Don't agree, I feel Jordan McMahon was a worse decision considering what we gave up for him.

Tigermonk

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »

1 week and if his right to go unleash him now and get those games into him now, not 2012.

How can a 70% fit Griffiths not be better for our future than a fully fit Miller. Does anyone not intoxicated or high, honestly believe that Miller is a better option than Griffiths or Post right now.

we all dont rate Post okay but some of us also didnt rate Rance and he seems to be improving. Post at the very least needs to come in for Miller.
Miller was the worst decision the club has made since Kent Kingsley. Bring in Griffiths ASAP.

Don't agree, I feel Jordan McMahon was a worse decision considering what we gave up for him.

Jordan McMahon l dont remember him  ;D who does he play for now

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »

Jordan McMahon l dont remember him  ;D who does he play for now

He still plays for the Tigers Monk. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »
Richmond's Ben Griffiths lasted just 15 minutes before he was concussed in a marking duel with Leigh Harding, while Tigers forward Mitch Morton kicked three goals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pies-ruckman-returns-in-fantastic-nick/story-e6frf9jf-1226082421385

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »

He still plays for the Tigers Monk. ;D

does he have a contract on him  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 11:24:23 PM »
Drafting Jon ahead at 8

hurt more than giving away 19.

Ahead of. Clark. Hurn. Swallow. Varcose.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 02:39:04 AM »
Continstar on BF:

Tuck - 37 disposals - battled hard all day, really can't say he could've done much more
Post - 27 touches, 14 marks - definitely the best game i reckon i've seen him play for Coburg, stood up for most of the match
Nason - 24 touches - worked hard all day
Graham had an entertaining ruck duel with Daw and McIntosh, tough ask but he did an alright job, not many silly free kicks either
Morton - 10 touches and 3 goals, missed one he needed to get in the last that would've brought the margin in early in the quarter
Jakobi - 19 touches i think, stepped up from last week, which was great to see
Griffiths was unlucky, looked good early on, then pure stupidity from Harding and he suffered from it badly
Thursfield was solid too, good return

In the reserves Hicks was really good, finally showed some exciting signs and kicked a good goal at the start of the second quarter, D-Mac was quiet but did do some good team things

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21453134&postcount=50

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »
Spoke to Danny Daly and said that Griffiths is one big game for Coburg away for a Senior call up. Said they would look at him really closely today. Shame he got injured, any news?

What else did Danny say, I am interested ;)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 08:04:14 AM »
Thanks for the post one eyed

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »
Tuck shines in Coburg loss
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 27 Jun, 2011

The Coburg Tigers were overpowered by a more experienced Werribee line-up in yesterday’s VFL Round 13 clash.

Coburg was well and truly in the contest at three-quarter time, trailing by just 14 points, but was outscored eight goals to three in the final term to suffer a 47-point loss - 19.13 (127) to 12.8 (80).

Shane Tuck continued his strong form at VFL level, picking up 37 disposals and working tirelessly in the midfield for the Coburg team.

Richmond rookie-list player, Ben Jakobi, produced an encouraging performance, gathering 20 disposals, Mitch Morton showed some more good signs in his playing return, booting three goals, while Will Thursfield was solid in defence.

Key-position ‘tall’, Ben Griffiths, was prominent early at centre half-back, before being concussed in a marking duel, which forced him from the field for the rest of the match.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/117186/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 27 Jun, 2011

The Coburg Tigers were overpowered by a more experienced Werribee line-up in yesterday’s VFL Round 13 clash.

Coburg was well and truly in the contest at three-quarter time, trailing by just 14 points, but was outscored eight goals to three in the final term to suffer a 47-point loss - 19.13 (127) to 12.8 (80).

Shane Tuck continued his strong form at VFL level, picking up 37 disposals and working tirelessly in the midfield for the Coburg team.

Richmond rookie-list player, Ben Jakobi, produced an encouraging performance, gathering 20 disposals, Mitch Morton showed some more good signs in his playing return, booting three goals, while Will Thursfield was solid in defence.

Key-position ‘tall’, Ben Griffiths, was prominent early at centre half-back, before being concussed in a marking duel, which forced him from the field for the rest of the match.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/117186/default.aspx

Thats smart playing a forward at CHB, these guys got no idea how.  :banghead

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:30 PM »
Spoke to Danny Daly and said that Griffiths is one big game for Coburg away for a Senior call up. Said they would look at him really closely today. Shame he got injured, any news?

What else did Danny say, I am interested ;)

A fair bit of cliche stuff to be honest. Nothing ground breaking. Said he was going to head to Werribee and watch Griffiths closely and that Miller understands his role and will make way with no fuss when required.

Nothing else that was really excited, mentioned Cousins popped in.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 27 Jun, 2011

I thought it would be pretty obvious it's to get as much time into his legs as possible as he's missed alot of game time.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »
Continstar on BF:

Tuck - 37 disposals - battled hard all day, really can't say he could've done much more
Post - 27 touches, 14 marks - definitely the best game i reckon i've seen him play for Coburg, stood up for most of the match
Nason - 24 touches - worked hard all day
Graham had an entertaining ruck duel with Daw and McIntosh, tough ask but he did an alright job, not many silly free kicks either
Morton - 10 touches and 3 goals, missed one he needed to get in the last that would've brought the margin in early in the quarter
Jakobi - 19 touches i think, stepped up from last week, which was great to see
Griffiths was unlucky, looked good early on, then pure stupidity from Harding and he suffered from it badly
Thursfield was solid too, good return

In the reserves Hicks was really good, finally showed some exciting signs and kicked a good goal at the start of the second quarter, D-Mac was quiet but did do some good team things

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21453134&postcount=50

Good signs.

Post picks himself to be honest. Can't be in a 'transition period' and have a guy like Post finish the year with limited oppurtunities when old man Miller is 2nd to 3rd last pick every single week.

Post must play.

I'd like to see Tuck in against Carlton aswell as maybe Morton to stretch their defence seeing Jamieson injured his knee last week
Go Tigers!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »

Pretty standard practice to play young forwards in defence to help them learn the game.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...