Author Topic: CULTURE  (Read 1609 times)

tony_montana

CULTURE
« on: July 02, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
That's what last week and today were all about.

Last week we're battling for a spot in the 8. Insipid.

How do we respond to that playing the arch enemy in a 'celebration' of the supporters helping out with the FTF?  :chuck

weak pathetic dog of a club

We will never change - Give up and put us all out of our misery.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: CULTURE
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
TM if Dimma cant change the culture at this club then im seriously convinced no one can.

He has done what we have asked of him thats start getting rid of dead wood. I think the picture is becoming more clear that his jobs only half way there.

We have a lack of belief at our club that we can win against descent opposition. proof of this is our win against a depleted Freo was our first win against a top 8 side in 12 months.

We are not feared by the opposition, in fact we are laughed at.

We have massive problems

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:49:09 PM »
That's what last week and today were all about.

Last week we're battling for a spot in the 8. Insipid.

How do we respond to that playing the arch enemy in a 'celebration' of the supporters helping out with the FTF?  :chuck

Tony... Really what were you expecting today? I never go to a game expecting to win.
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
How about we use the FTF not for the debt but to hire a hit man for Frawley and Wallace for their pathetic tenures for putting us in this awful state in the first place.

The rest and there'll be about $2.5 million we can spend at the pub and the hookers and taunting the clappers in the Richmond members.

After today my thoughts have now been confirmed we are a brothel of a footy club.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »
TM if Dimma cant change the culture at this club then im seriously convinced no one can.

He has done what we have asked of him thats start getting rid of dead wood. I think the picture is becoming more clear that his jobs only half way there.

We have a lack of belief at our club that we can win against descent opposition. proof of this is our win against a depleted Freo was our first win against a top 8 side in 12 months.

We are not feared by the opposition, in fact we are laughed at.

We have massive problems

agree 100%.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »

Settle down mate geez ?  Bitter pill today....again.... but we'll be right soon. Clean the crap out at season's end and build on the cream.
 We'll beat Essendon next week
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »

Settle down mate geez ?  Bitter pill today....again.... but we'll be right soon. Clean the crap out at season's end and build on the cream.

Only b/c their heads are in the clouds and they think they are better than what they are.
Unless they get flogged tonight and the media shine the blow torch in their direction this week.
Then we may be up for a flogging again.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »

Only b/c their heads are in the clouds and they think they are better than what they are.
Unless they get flogged tonight and the media shine the blow torch in their direction this week.
Then we may be up for a flogging again.

Beating the Bombers would be nice because i cant stand them, but a win will only hide how much work needs to be done.

Beating struggling clubs is not what im after. I will know we have arrived when we start mixing it with the big boys.

Today was a disgrace but expected. I thought we would go down by 60 plus
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »
After today my thoughts have now been confirmed we are a brothel of a footy club.

Richmond Bourdello FC  :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:10:28 PM »
well, today they were well and truly ......
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline PsyKlone

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 12:02:59 AM »
well, today they were well and truly ......
stuffed in the A

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »
St Kilda will never win a Grand Final.

Will Richmond ever escape mediocrity?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »
St Kilda will never win a Grand Final.

Will Richmond ever escape mediocrity?

That's the issue and binning reviews won't help neither will promising flags.

The club gets seduced or sucked in by the media all the way to the top.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 07:48:25 AM »
disgusting effort today ...

didnt actually see the effort first hand, thank god.

no idea where we go from here, the article by newman in yesterdays paper about being the player with the most games without finals appearance, its just really sad. i'd love to think we can bounce back from a defeat like this, but it feels almost as bad as the round one game of 2009. we were exposed and embarassed like girls in an auskick halftime match. and thats probably being generous.  

I am sick of being the Richmond supporter amongst my friends, ive taken it on the chin many times. im sick of it. i love our club, but its been a joke for too long.

toughen the fu&k up... we've been doing this soft backwards handball garbage for too long.

i know dimma is the one who can turn it around for us, but we'll never turn it around if theres no heart.

pride and passion was missing today... i hope that dimma can get the boys to do something that gives us supporters something to look forward to in the last few rounds. finals ... who were we kidding... the only positive i can find is that we arent over-achieving which eliminates the hype.

I really feel for newman... i can see his heart bleeds everytime we get a stab in the guts like this... ffs back this guy up. show him some passion.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 07:52:43 AM »
Discipline needs to go back in, dropped out before the Port game. Its is the coaching staffs responsibility to keep the discipline in and to jump on it when it goes out.

Our midfield is shocking, it has been all year compared to 2010. Wayne Campbell was midfield coach last year, he is not this year. I don't think we have a midfield coach this year unless it is Brendon Lade, Lade is also the ruck coach and how good are our rucks going, our rucks are atrocious. So if Lade is our ruck coach and has taken on our midfield coaching ( this is an assumption) then he needs to seriously change his operating bases.

The loss to Carlton was a catastrophe in its magnitude it had the capacity to and probably did send some portions of the supporter base into mild shock (they become speechless, stunned ). If the club from the president to the boot studder isn't stung by this then they are already dead.

Damien Hardwick has said that he wants to bin the game doesn't want to talk about it again, that's fine, but there one thing that he does need to do and that is to go back and watch the game again, he needs to confront the mess that that game was. No one likes to go back and look at painful situations which is why he is running from looking at it, but sometimes you got to and this is one of them. He needs an honest look at the players he had on the ground that day and to look honestly at what they did and didn't do and then he needs to act accordingly.

It's going to take awhile for the club and supporters to get over this loss, its going to take more than a few wins, March and Gale must feel humiliated. 
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.