Author Topic: #2012 List turn over#  (Read 14794 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: #2012 List turn over#
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
O.K let me have a go at what I think might happen here :help :help
Clearly I'm no rocket scientist but basing my assumptions on the body language (Media reports ect) of the club and the fact that this years draft is said to be a shocker I think it may pan out somthing like this........

Firstly No contracted player will be Delisted........Yes we all want heads to roll in this group but I just can't see us cutting anyone's contract this season However......Contracted players wont be immune to being traded (See Trade Bait) This just isn't the Draft to cut players to free up late draft picks. There may be one Small exception* and that is Gourdis, he really seemed to fall out of favor this season, we had plenty of opportunity to play him but we didn't, makes me wonder if he had a performance based contract ala Tuck.

Delist......Taylor, Nason, Dea, Brown and Gourdis* (Possibly rookie Dea and/or Brown) and if the rumors are true I really think Moore will retire. This will free up 6 picks in the Draft.
Farmer, Thursfield and Webberley should be offered 1 year deals and if they don't like it let them walk as well!

Trade Bait........Jackson, White, Foley, Morton, Conners, Edwards, Graham, McGuane, Thursfield, King, Webberley, Farmer and Post.
Clearly not all these players can or will be traded this season but they should all be put on the table. Foley, Jackson and Edwards carry the most currency and should be used to try and snare either one of the 17yo's from GWS (Preferably) or late first round or second round picks. The others could be packaged up with picks to try and snare us a decent Ruckman or a tall back.
I don't believe there is any sense in trading anyone for a pick outside of 50 as it is a real lottery beyond that. We are better of delisting them next season to free up picks in the so called "Mega Draft".

Rookies......
Hicks, Hislop and Westhoff should be cut loose.
I Think one of O'Rielly or Contin may be promoted the other will be offered another year.
Miller and Jacobi to be offered another year.
Dea or Browne may be Demoted to Rokies, I believe both are worth persevering  with for another season yet.

Pick 14......
Should only be traded if look like getting a quality Proven player in return no! The only exception should be Zac Clarke, he probably hasn't proven himself to much yet but he show signs of being an elite ruckman.

Well that's pretty much my take, as much as I would love to see a dozen list changes this season I just don't think the draft is going to be strong enough to do it. I really believe that we are better off in hanging onto to some of the spuds as insurance and delisting them next season when the draft is stronger. If Hardwick is true to his word we won't be seeing many of them run around next year anyway, especially if the have to EARN there spot as has been sugested ;D

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2011, 06:16:01 PM »
and I agree :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
Foley

Tigermonk

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »
Foley

off with his head & thrown in the tiger pit  ;D VFL player

10 FLAGS

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »
Delisted: Ben Nason, Troy Taylor, David Gourdis Will Thursfield  (4)

Possible Trades: Mitch Morton, Daniel Jackson, Angus Graham, Daniel Conners, Nathan Foley
(5)

Delisted Rookies: Hicks, Westhoff and Hislop (3)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
Delisted: Ben Nason, Troy Taylor, David Gourdis Will Thursfield  (4)

Possible Trades: Mitch Morton, Daniel Jackson, Angus Graham, Daniel Conners, Nathan Foley
(5)

Delisted Rookies: Hicks, Westhoff and Hislop (3)

Agree with you on the trades Flagman - not sure if anyone would take Connors but certainly Morton, Jackson & Foley have currency (even if people don't think so, it's not about what we think  ;D)

I don't think Nason will be de-listed. Other de-lists in taylor (a given) and Gourdis - agree

I reckon Thursfield will get thrown up for trade and if we don't get a decent deal then they will keep him

I said on another thread I have a gut feeling at least 1 rookie will get promoted possibly 2

Post - it will interesting to see what they do. Actually not sure they know what to do  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2011, 12:34:43 AM »
Senior List cuts:
Nason, Taylor, Thursty - all delisted.
Morton (uncontracted) - trade bait.
Jacko (uncontracted) - trade bait.
McGuane (contracted) - trade bait
Moore (contracted) - forced retirement due to hip?

Rookie List cut:
Hislop, Hicks, Westhoff, Jakobi ..... (looks like we'll keep Miller on  :P unless he decides to retire)

So say 5 senior list spots freed up = 4 National Draft picks (14,  pick from trade, 37, 55) + PSD
Plus 4 rookie picks.

Cameron said we want to be in a position next year to have picks freed up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »
Whoever we get, they need to Go All In.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2011, 10:03:26 AM »
I would be be surprised to see both thursty and mcgone on their bikes this year, especially considering moore is most probably finished, unless we trade in another (semi) experienced backman

Jakobi has only been on the list a year and had injuries so i'd reakon he will get another year
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »
Whoever we get, they need to Go All In.

This must be on the banner in Round 1 next year

"Go All In"
         Angus 2011

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Hahaha I'd like to put $100 on the fact Round 1 next year someone in the cheer squad will bring a banner "Go All In" if it doesn't happen I'll bring one Round 2!
Go Tigers!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
My thoughts:

Unfortunately, like most years, I think the club won't clear out as many as we would like. The hope would be next year a more significant clean out will occur given the hype around the draft. I suspect we'll strongly look to the state leagues for players this year as we should have quite a few rookie spots available.

Also we have a few players that are saved by their contracts (Connors, Gourdis, White). Would be surprised if the club burned the money on paying them out.

Delist:
Farmer
Hislop
Nason
Taylor
Westhoff
Hicks

Unknowns:
Moore - possible retirement
Morton - possible delist

Wishful trading:
Jackson
McGuane

Drafting:
Pick 14 - best available midfielder. Still no decent depth in our midfield.
Pick 37 - I suspect this will be used to trade for Maric
Pick 55 - F/S Morris

Hopefully we can trade off a Jackson, McGuane, Morton type and get some more 2nd/3rd round picks.

Him

« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
My thoughts:

Unfortunately, like most years, I think the club won't clear out as many as we would like. The hope would be next year a more significant clean out will occur given the hype around the draft. I suspect we'll strongly look to the state leagues for players this year as we should have quite a few rookie spots available.

Also we have a few players that are saved by their contracts (Connors, Gourdis, White). Would be surprised if the club burned the money on paying them out.

Delist:
Farmer
Hislop
Nason
Taylor
Westhoff
Hicks

Unknowns:
Moore - possible retirement
Morton - possible delist

Wishful trading:
Jackson
McGuane

Drafting:
Pick 14 - best available midfielder. Still no decent depth in our midfield.
Pick 37 - I suspect this will be used to trade for Maric
Pick 55 - F/S Morris

Hopefully we can trade off a Jackson, McGuane, Morton type and get some more 2nd/3rd round picks.

Looks good but is Morton a possible trade?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »

You should be able to tell us? Unless.....your not really God :o  :o ;D

Him

« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »

You should be able to tell us? Unless.....your not really God :o :o ;D

Look around, God is not infallible.

:thumbsup