Author Topic: #2012 List turn over#  (Read 14788 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
#2012 List turn over#
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
Club has to get fair dinkum now. Can't keep crossing our fingers with some players and hold on to them for too long.

Anyone under 22 is safe.

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Jackson Trengove
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo)
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round)
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo)
9. Trade - Daniel Jackson (26yo 2nd Round Pick)
10. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo)
11. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo)
12. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)
13. Delist - Troy Taylor (Just gotta get fair dinkum)

13 departures.

I'd keep Tuck for one more year. Surprisingly our midfield hasn't had many injuries. With some bad luck we could have had Martin do a hammy and Cotchin get suspended and all of a sudden Tuck becomes our best midfielder. Needs to stay.

Wouldn't bother with this Miller experiment any longer. I'd give Post a decent crack, it should have happened this year, but it hasn't so we keep Post for another year before making a call on him. Plus Griffiths hopefully will be fit for a full year in 2012.

Trengove replaces Graham as the ruckman on the list.
Would also scout the globe for a good state league ruckman under 25.

The rest are all pretty straight forward.

Nason, Connors and Farmer as 23 yo will probably survive. Connors the most likely as Nason and Farmer aren't AFL standard and Connors teases that he may be, but has gone walk about.

Taylor, have always defended the kid cause of his talent and potential but would rather delist him and pick up Mitch Thorpe. Would gaurentee someone who wants to play the game and give a decent crack, and may be a better player.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:26:47 PM by Popelord »
Go Tigers!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: #2012 List turn over#
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »
Thorpe?? You don't mean Thorp from Tassie? That stuffwit has no place playing for anyone other than South Launnie

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
Club has to get fair dinkum now. Can't keep crossing our fingers with some players and hold on to them for too long.

Anyone under 22 is safe.

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)  Agree
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Jackson Trengove  We need to try for less
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)  Agree
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)  Agree
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)  Try for trade first
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo) As above
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round) Agree
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo) Agree
9. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo) Agree
10. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo) We will need insurance, unfortunately we need him for another season
11. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)  Agree
12. Delist - Troy Taylor (Just gotta get fair dinkum)  Agree

12 departures.

I'd keep Tuck for one more year. Surprisingly our midfield hasn't had many injuries. With some bad luck we could have had Martin do a hammy and Cotchin get suspended and all of a sudden Tuck becomes our best midfielder. Needs to stay. I doubt he will want to stay!

Wouldn't bother with this Miller experiment any longer. I'd give Post a decent crack, it should have happened this year, but it hasn't so we keep Post for another year before making a call on him. Plus Griffiths hopefully will be fit for a full year in 2012. Agree

Would also scout the globe for a good state league ruckman under 25. Trengove is a KPP Backman he is not the answer in our ruck

Nason, Connors and Farmer as 23 yo will probably survive. Connors the most likely as Nason and Farmer aren't AFL standard and Connors teases that he may be, but has gone walk about. Agree

Taylor, have always defended the kid cause of his talent and potential but would rather delist him and pick up Mitch Thorpe. Would gaurentee someone who wants to play the game and give a decent crack, and may be a better player.

The only thing I could add to that is we need a MATURE big bodied Ruckman Hill, McKintosh ect should be our targets...

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
Thorpe?? You don't mean Thorp from Tassie? That effwit has no place playing for anyone other than South Launnie

Its irrelevant to the topic, the point was a VFL forward would atleast give us an option on the list to develop where as Taylor is chillin' out up north.
Go Tigers!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 06:15:25 PM »
Should have said a VFL forward then Pope, not the biggest wanker to have ever been drafted. He is playing where he belongs now anyway.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 08:51:41 PM »
Yep, I think Taylor has pushed his stuffing luck one step too far this time, get rid of him, whoever gets him, half your rotten luck.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
Didnt take long for the execution procession...
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
Didnt take long for the execution procession...

Seasons getting on and the thread would have appeared any week regardless, the cold hard truth is we still have to make some very big cut's from the list and unfortunately there aren't to many players that will be immune to the process!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »
Taylor has had a good go imo, he is taking the pee now.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
I would agree with most on that list. Edwards in particular, he will fit in well with Schulz, Trengove in return would be an excellent trade.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »

Anyone under 22 is safe.

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Jackson Trengove
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo)
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round)
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo)
9. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo)
10. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo)
11. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)
12. Delist - Troy Taylor (Just gotta get fair dinkum)

12 departures.

I'd keep Tuck for one more year. Surprisingly our midfield hasn't had many injuries. With some bad luck we could have had Martin do a hammy and Cotchin get suspended and all of a sudden Tuck becomes our best midfielder. Needs to stay.

Wouldn't bother with this Miller experiment any longer. I'd give Post a decent crack, it should have happened this year, but it hasn't so we keep Post for another year before making a call on him. Plus Griffiths hopefully will be fit for a full year in 2012.

Would also scout the globe for a good state league ruckman under 25.

Nason, Connors and Farmer as 23 yo will probably survive. Connors the most likely as Nason and Farmer aren't AFL standard and Connors teases that he may be, but has gone walk about.

The number of changes at the end of year will depend on how many picks we have as well as contractual situations. 12 changes is a lot in a compromised draft where decent picks are a premium. If we finish say 13th then we'll most likely have 4 National picks, 1 PSD pick, then add a trade or two, plus say 4 rookies being cut. So that's 11 changes at the most.

From our Contracts List (below) you could see Thursty, Morton, Taylor and maybe 1-2 out of Farmer, Nason and Webberley being cut from the senior list and Hicks, Westhoff, Miller and Hislop cut from the rookie list. We'll need to trade to offload any more and most of those we'd like to see the back of have no trade value. I could only see a Jackson or possibly Edwards earning us a pick in return. No way would Port accept a trade of Edwards for Trengove btw. As others have said Trengove isn't a ruckman either.

2011: Astbury, Browne, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, King, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Batchelor, Connors, Deledio, Derickx, Edwards, Foley, Gourdis, Graham, Helbig, Houli, MacDonald, McGuane, Moore, Post, Tuck, Vickery, White

2013: Conca, Cotchin, Grigg, Martin, Riewoldt

Rookies:  
Jamie O'Reilly (international rookie - signed until end of 2011)
Robert Hicks (2nd year rookie)
Pat Contin (2nd year rookie)
Nick Westhoff (2nd year rookie)
Ben Jakobi (1st year rookie)
Brad Miller (mature rookie - 1st year)
Tom Hislop (1st year as a rookie)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
I would agree with most on that list. Edwards in particular, he will fit in well with Schulz, Trengove in return would be an excellent trade.

hey leave the Sarge out of this. bloke has 55 goals from 25 games at port. he can play. sick of trading with Port...Farmer and Nason for Schulz cracker of a deal LMFAO

10 FLAGS

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »
Dan Jackson should be 1st on it IMHO.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »

hey leave the Sarge out of this. bloke has 55 goals from 25 games at port. he can play. sick of trading with Port...Farmer and Nason for Schulz cracker of a deal LMFAO

:thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
Dan Jackson should be 1st on it IMHO.
I agree Ramps. For a player with 8 years in the system behind him and apparently very intelligent off-field, Jacko too often slows attacking plays holding the ball up because he fails to spot the best first option quickly (like say Cotch can) and Jacko all to readily wants to handball off as first option instead of kick (probably because his footskills are inconsistent). In trades you may have to give up someone another club may be interested in to get what you want/need. Jacko is one who would at least have some decent trade currency.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd