Author Topic: Browny on 3aw  (Read 1908 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Browny on 3aw
« on: February 19, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »
* Said he disappointed with his last quarter where he didn't get a touch.

* If he is offered the captaincy then he'll take it but happy to work under any of the other 3 guys. It came across that he was a bit ho-hum about it.

* Believes Wallace's coaching has improved since they were both at the Dogs. Browny said Terry's explanation of the roll of each position is alot clearer. Terry knows what he wants in each roll to win a premiership and will recruit accordingly.

* Said the boys were pretty shattered afterwards but Terry focussed on the positive that the boys had followed in the main the overall process he was trying to install in them (kicking over 100 points). We just need to improve in certain areas and reduce our mistakes.

* Stats man bondy said we at least kicked 14 goals where last year we averaged 11 and only kicked 14 one occasion.

* The commentators suggested as we become better and more familiar with Wallace's attacking style gameplan we won't cough up 25 point leads and will win most of our games.

This positive talk from commentators that usually like stickin the boot in feels weird  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

Re: Browny on 3aw
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 09:27:34 PM »
I think Browny would be a good captain and wouldn't object, but don't think he's been at the club long enough to earn it.  At least the other 3 were RFC supporters as kids, and i think they would appreciate the role far more than Brown.
Maybe he was a bit ho-hum about the thought of being captain because maybe he knows he hasn't got it.  Who knows. 

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 03:15:06 AM »
Until last nights game I thought Brown was a shoe in for the job, but last night in the last quarter he did nothing, at a time where he should have stood up and imposed himself on the game he was no where to be seen. Bowden played on manfully with cracked ribs and probably still has a show but Kane Johnson for mine should get the gig.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

froars

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 10:46:53 AM »
I think Johnson is a good leader on the ground, but I have my doubts about him as a spokesperson of the club.  He seems a bit shy to me - not that i've ever heard him speak  :rollin  Just that I've heard Bowden, and he comes across so good.  Either of these two would be good i think.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 12:43:33 PM »
I paid particular attention to the 4 candidates during the course of the game to see who was the most vocal, who was directing traffic etc.

I though 2 stood our by a long way and that was Johnson and Richardson. Felt for Joel a bit getting those cracked ribs - it effected him a lot but credit to him for going back out in the last. I reckon it maybe out of those 2. And I wonder what Tezza said to Brown after the game - he went straight to him  ???

And just on Richardson - gee wizz the commentators were a disgrace and here's why. I watched a replay of the game yesterday afternoon. When Josh Frader gave up that 50 metre penalty in the 3rd - Eddie said something along the lines of "Josh Fraser has said a naughty word" followed by "this is an emotional game if we are going to ping blokes for that blah blah". Gary Lyon chips in with "if they did that when I played - I wouldn't have been allowed to play"

When Richo gave up his 50 metre penalty (granted it was wrong but he his attack on the ball and then with the knee to head he copped - I would've exploded too) the commentators showed their bias - Lyon went on and on about how he shouldn't do it and it was terrible, unforgiveable etc - one set of commentating rules for Richo and another set for the hard done by Pies.

What a joke, what a disgrace :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 04:25:07 PM »
Anyone else notice that Wallace went straight up to Brown after the game and gave him a spray?

Our senior players did not stand up in the last quarter while Collingwood's did. They won and we didnt. Simple story.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 07:58:20 PM »
Anyone else notice that Wallace went straight up to Brown after the game and gave him a spray?

Our senior players did not stand up in the last quarter while Collingwood's did. They won and we didnt. Simple story.

Why did Wallace take off Campbell in the last ten minutes when the game was there to be won? I know he is slow and fat now but he is one of only a handful of players capable of winning a contested ball. He should have played all the youngsters first and put on the experienced players in the last stages of the match just in case it was close. Not enough experience out there in the dying stages.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 08:06:28 PM by JohnF »

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 10:09:39 PM »
Maybe Wallace wanted to see how the captain and hopeful captains would handle playing the match without Campbell on the ground. Campbell still does the leadership things, which is good IMO.

I hope Bowden gets the job, or Johnson but not Richo or Brown, let the latter concentrate on their footy for another year before consideration.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 04:59:26 AM »
I think Johnson is a good leader on the ground, but I have my doubts about him as a spokesperson of the club.  He seems a bit shy to me - not that i've ever heard him speak  :rollin 

Although he doesn't have the media profile of the other 3, Johnno came across well a few weeks back when interviewed by Micky McGuane on sport 927.

Browny also said on 3aw he wasn't sure who would be captain at Morwell but thought it may be Sugar. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 09:04:55 AM »
I heard the interviews Bowden did on the news and he came across very presentable whereas I think Johnson, like Moi said, is a little too quiet. 

Interesting point WP about the Richo dummy spit.  Poor Richo - he cops it from everyone, supporters, umpires, commentators.  I personally don't think it is in Richo's best interests to be in the leadership group, as much as he would like to be.  He wasn't part of it last year and had one of his best seasons in years.