Author Topic: LMFAO @ Akermanis @ afl.com.au  (Read 2564 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
LMFAO @ Akermanis @ afl.com.au
« on: February 22, 2005, 09:39:17 PM »
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aflinfosheets&spg=display&articleid=68835

"Nineteen players of Aboriginal descent have played in premierships. They are: Jason Akermanis (Brisbane 2001, 2002) ..............  "

LMFAOOOOOO @ how a pale-skinned red nut with a greek name and a shamrock tattoo features in an article about aboriginal footballers.

LMAO @ how we are so confused and insecure over the issue of aboriginality that we throw anyone with a distant aboriginal forefather into the same basket as someone who has grown up in an aboriginal community and understanding of aboriginal ritual spirituality.

LMAOOO @ Akermanis being considered aboriginal. WTF are they on?

LMAO @ aboriginality being relevant on the grounds of a single drop of aboriginal blood. LMAO @ all of us paying for his kids' textbooks. LMFAO what a stuffed up country.

Ox

Re: LMFAO @ Akermanis @ afl.com.au
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 10:17:32 PM »
So true Jake,

It's fast becoming the new Judaism.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:02:11 PM »
roflmaooo! LMFAOOOOOO@an albino Greek-Irish-Aboriginal Australian.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 07:25:57 PM »
He obviously doesn't know about that one or he'd be asking for land rights :lol

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
Aker turns on his own LMAO
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:16:06 AM »
Aka axed over radio slip
By Peter Blucher
Brisbane
April 27, 2005

An indigenous radio station in Brisbane has axed a show hosted by Jason Akermanis after he labelled management "monkeys" in what he insists was an unintentional racial slur.

The Aka and Macca Show, which Akermanis hosts with former Brisbane Lions teammate Craig McRae, did not go to air in its usual 5-6pm time-slot on Monday on Radio 4AAA Murri Country and has been cancelled.

The 2001 Brownlow medallist has apologised in a statement posted on the show's website for using a term which is sometimes considered racist.

The statement says: "I would like to publicly apologise for using the word 'monkeys' on our 18th April show. I by no way meant this in a discriminative manner. I regret my comments and apologise if I have offended anyone. Thank you. Jason Akermanis."

Below this was a message signed "Aka and Macca" that confirmed the permanent demise of the show that had become so popular it was broadcast via the internet on the Lions' website.

It read: "We have tried in vain to salvage our show but clearly the AFL and our show are not the direction the station is heading. We thank all our loyal listeners and sponsors and are currently looking at options to produce our show eslewhere (sic). Stay tuned."

Radio 4AAA is part of the National Indigenous Radio Service and has been home to The Aka and Macca Show since the start of the 2004 season.

The incident occurred after Akermanis, negotiating with station management to return the show to 90 minutes after it was cut back by 30 minutes this year, encouraged listeners to "get on to these monkeys" in a show of support.

The station has cut back its AFL coverage this season due to a lack of sponsorship. Akermanis and 4AAA management were not available for comment last night.

Aker and his big mouth
JUNE 2002

Threatens to quit the Brisbane Lions and play rugby union if the club signs fallen Kangaroo champion Wayne Carey. "I wouldn't want to be playing with a guy like that, end of story."

SEPTEMBER 2003

· Admits he leaked stories about a possible move to Sydney to put pressure on the Lions for a better contract.

· Reveals in a TV interview that Nigel Lappin was carrying a serious rib problem before the 2003 grand final.

· Insults Sydney tagger Jared Crouch: "I played on that hack last week, Jared 'Crutch'. He was a serial pest as you will find."

OCTOBER 2003

Questions the courage of Collingwood players in the 2003 grand final, claiming "a lot of their guys were jumping out of the way".

MARCH 2004

Accuses taggers of breaking the rules. "They cheat. The worst at it is probably Jared Crouch."

This story was found at: http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/04/26/1114462039321.html

Ox

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 08:23:42 AM »
Stupid Abbos.
Get over youselves.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
I don't understand this either......

If someone says to me "you monkey", I don't  start thinking "wait a minute, I'm white, I can't be a monkey".

It is the radio executives, not Aker, that have drawn the line between their race and monkeys, and hence them who have the racially discriminative conscience. They need help.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 03:46:31 PM »
WTF? Isn't Akermanis part Aboriginal anyway?

lmfaoooo@hating what you are.

roflfmao@Akermanis calling the Irish leperchauns and the Greeks wogs as well.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 09:19:15 AM »
As far as I knew,the term "monkey" is applied when someone acts stupidly,not a racial slur.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 06:50:19 PM »
That's an awesome avatar dude.