Author Topic: Official Team for Round 17  (Read 4645 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Official Team for Round 17
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
22 bitchin hits

peter falconio has more chance of getting a game than tuck

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »
Looks like a good side for the future imho. I wouldn't necessarily place Browne or Thursfield in that category plus a few others but overall our side is made up of developing youth. Looking at our side we have Newman and King as our elder statesmen with everyone else little more than babies. We will be pushing the GC for age  :o

I think the club has acknowledged that finals or not, we are miles off the pace and we need to keep true to the over goal of the year which is play the kids and teach the structure. All the calls for Tuck are short sided. Sure he may help lift us slightly compared to someone such as a Helbig or Conca but he will not be there in a few years time.

It's hard to see past the present but we have to build for the future which is why Tuck, Hislop etc are not priority selections.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 07:33:27 PM »
Some cards have been marked here I reckon.
Tuck to GWS maybe ?
Graham and Hislop gone
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »
Looks like a good side for the future imho. I wouldn't necessarily place Browne or Thursfield in that category plus a few others but overall our side is made up of developing youth. Looking at our side we have Newman and King as our elder statesmen with everyone else little more than babies. We will be pushing the GC for age  :o

I think the club has acknowledged that finals or not, we are miles off the pace and we need to keep true to the over goal of the year which is play the kids and teach the structure. All the calls for Tuck are short sided. Sure he may help lift us slightly compared to someone such as a Helbig or Conca but he will not be there in a few years time.

It's hard to see past the present but we have to build for the future which is why Tuck, Hislop etc are not priority selections.
winning more contested ball will provide more opportunities for players like conca and helbig while lessening the battering they could otherwise be subject to.

this though is probably not an issue against the suns though, thus the added pace of white, who'd you have to question if he will be here for the long haul

you can make short term decisions for long term gain.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »

It's hard to see past the present but we have to build for the future which is why Tuck, Hislop etc are not

priority selections.

What about being selected on merit?

White has not played a game of football for 5 weeks, Coburg have finally showed some form so why not pro mote a couple of consistent performers?
Morton,Tuck should get games because they earnt it. At some point, kids need to see that value is placed on playing senior football by playing well at the next level down.

Gus Graham is another example where he does not have to be in our future plans to show our kids in the reserves that if you work hard in the 2s you get a game in the seniors.

Playing Andrew Browne cheapens the AFL experience and sets the wrong standard.

Poor form Dimma.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Few things:

- Post being dropped is perplexing. I thought he showed some signs, and even Hardwick gave him a wrap in his email. Quite strange.
- Graham clearly is finished. Wont play another game for the club.
- Hislop papers are most likely stamped, which I'm sorry to say for Tom, is a good thing for the club.
- Tuck is about the stiffiest bloke in the world. Wrong place wrong time, would get a game in any side outside the top 4 easily, except for a young Gold Coast.

Interesting decisions. At the end of the day they are irrelevant to our cause. The biggest decisions of the last decade come list lodgement, trade period and draft day this year.

The can play who the want as long as they make tough correct calls on those key dates.

My take for what it's worth:-

Graham-ain't finished, has a year on brownes contract. Translation - they haven't decided
Hislop - FO.
Tuck - yeah well....GWS anyone?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »
according to leppa, Post was unlucky but a tall had to make way to bring back browne.

I think post is viewed primarily as a back up.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »
Reckon coach has lost the plot
White was ordinary before his injury and would of been dropped if not injured
Tuck and Morton deserve a spot before White
How on earth does white get a game after missing 5 weeks?
Must be Brownlow medal material

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »
I wouldnt be surprised to see Tuck come in as late change for White!
Post should still be in the team too!

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
Post needs games put into him, and he needs a game like this one, where with the 'midweek field' standard of players on the ground he is a chance of being the dominating tall on the day. Another chance to test him as a 2nd ruck goes begging too. Very disappointing decision.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »
No doubt this hasn't been the coaching staff's best month.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

red

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »
Maybe it s you who have lost the plot. White got injured playing for Coburg. He'd already been dropped. He had a top game there, playing a major part in the win with his third quarter. He has missed 3 weeks not 5.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:35 AM »
Totally agree on peoples views on Post he should be there till the end of year and given experience and some games to string it together in one position.Match committee has been pee poor last month Hislop and Farmer had a good run for 5 weeks and and they showed nothing were Post plays one game and he is dropped.Do we need Mcguane and Thursfield in the side against the suns ??  They are not the future.Give me Post anyday of the week.

Fair enough people a saying Angus's papers are stamped ,but reward guys on form and he has been in the best last 2 games for coburg.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 07:02:03 AM »
Maybe it s you who have lost the plot. White got injured playing for Coburg. He'd already been dropped. He had a top game there, playing a major part in the win with his third quarter. He has missed 3 weeks not 5.

Reckon a large part of this forum's losing the plot. Seems to be working itself into a frenzy of doom and gloom. Extraordinary reading.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 07:18:10 AM »
Well it is looking like 2006 all over isn't it. Big defeats.poor efforts etc