Author Topic: WHO WILL YOU BLAME THIS TIME HARDWICK  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: WHO WILL YOU BLAME THIS TIME HARDWICK
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
Your not happy unless your running someone down or calling for their stuffing head Jackstar.  Your also full of poo.  The fact of the matter was the goals were all getting scored with the wind, in the third the wind died down and we lost that advantage to pile on some goals, in the fourth it was back with a veangence and gave them a leg up.  They won, we lost.  We move on to the next battle during our painful rebuild.  And those with some balls endure the pain, the rest WHINE LIKE SOOKS who feel the world owes them some instant gratification.
Lots of people name their swords......

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »
Your not happy unless your running someone down or calling for their effing head Jackstar.  Your also full of poo.  The fact of the matter was the goals were all getting scored with the wind, in the third the wind died down and we lost that advantage to pile on some goals, in the fourth it was back with a veangence and gave them a leg up.  They won, we lost.  We move on to the next battle during our painful rebuild.  And those with some balls endure the pain, the rest WHINE LIKE SOOKS who feel the world owes them some instant gratification.

A few facts here
* we lost to Gold Coast
* we lost to Port
* we are the worst melbourne based club in the AFL
* we are the worst performing Melbourne based  Club  in AFL in the past 20 years.
Lets dont that the facts get in the way of a good story hey.

The players show little heart and throw the towel in
If you think we are headed in the right direction, GOOD LUCK

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
Your not happy unless your running someone down or calling for their effing head Jackstar.  Your also full of poo.  The fact of the matter was the goals were all getting scored with the wind, in the third the wind died down and we lost that advantage to pile on some goals, in the fourth it was back with a veangence and gave them a leg up.  They won, we lost.  We move on to the next battle during our painful rebuild.  And those with some balls endure the pain, the rest WHINE LIKE SOOKS who feel the world owes them some instant gratification.

and why not call for there head !!!
His coaching record is poor.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 11:02:15 AM »
Is this the witch burning thread?  Best thing you guys could do for RFC is barrack for Collingwood and dismantle their club by weaving dissent/fear and uncertainty and so forth rather than doing it to Richmond.

:lol   :clapping

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 11:10:20 AM »
I think the day we stop being shirty about losing to minnow clubs and cellar dwellars will be the day we have become desensitised to losing and have lost passion! This forum is a great way for people to let off steam! It has stopped me from kicking the cat a few times! Let the whining occur, it is a great release!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »
I think the day we stop being shirty about losing to minnow clubs and cellar dwellars will be the day we have become desensitised to losing and have lost passion! This forum is a great way for people to let off steam! It has stopped me from kicking the cat a few times! Let the whining occur, it is a great release!

Cats are overrated GR, kick it anyway!

;D

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »
Those with some balls endure the pain, the rest WHINE LIKE SOOKS who feel the world owes them some instant gratification.

Instant gratification???? Geez Jones, it's been 30 years. THIRTY!! That's more than a generation. It's almost a third of a century. Maybe if we measured it in ice ages it wouldn't look so bad. The latest 5 year plan is starting to unravel BIG TIME, and we still can't see an end in sight.I mean there is patience, and then there's patience. I suspect a lot of us feel like we're just running on fumes.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »

Cats are overrated GR, kick it anyway!

;D
:lol Yeah you're right Smokey!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
Those with some balls endure the pain, the rest WHINE LIKE SOOKS who feel the world owes them some instant gratification.

Instant gratification???? Geez Jones, it's been 30 years. THIRTY!! That's more than a generation. It's almost a third of a century. Maybe if we measured it in ice ages it wouldn't look so bad. The latest 5 year plan is starting to unravel BIG TIME, and we still can't see an end in sight.I mean there is patience, and then there's patience. I suspect a lot of us feel like we're just running on fumes.

Correct

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »

Hey, I understand the frustration, lets be fairdinkum here, over the thirty years you cant blame Hardwick and the current bunch for any of the previous sh !t, only the pain we endure now.  We knew and were told there would be no shortcuts.  I wanna smash stuff too but if we all go ape scat now and don't give him his chance, we are gonna just sink the ship again.  This is the boldest undertaking the club has undertaken in those 30 years RollsRoyce.  It was gonna be painfull and we just have to suck it up unfortunately.  No more bandaids, no more pipe dreams, full rebuild.  The club knew this, we were told this but we didn't want to believe it or hoped it would happen faster, I admit, I had hopes.  In reality we have isolated some good footballers and even some cream has risen to the top in the past 2 years.  Next year we should be shoring up the deficiencies in defence and ruck perhaps in our overall depth and then we will have the makings of a genuine team.
Lots of people name their swords......

Ox

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
the last 6 weeks proves that Dimma is struggling
Yesterday was the icing on the cake, playing slow temp footy with the wind said it all.
Bye Dimma

I'm agreeing with everything ur saying JJ.
Now, drop ur pants and Touch ur toes.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »

Hey, I understand the frustration, lets be fairdinkum here, over the thirty years you cant blame Hardwick and the current bunch for any of the previous sh !t, only the pain we endure now.  We knew and were told there would be no shortcuts.  I wanna smash stuff too but if we all go ape scat now and don't give him his chance, we are gonna just sink the ship again.  This is the boldest undertaking the club has undertaken in those 30 years RollsRoyce.  It was gonna be painfull and we just have to suck it up unfortunately.  No more bandaids, no more pipe dreams, full rebuild.  The club knew this, we were told this but we didn't want to believe it or hoped it would happen faster, I admit, I had hopes.  In reality we have isolated some good footballers and even some cream has risen to the top in the past 2 years.  Next year we should be shoring up the deficiencies in defence and ruck perhaps in our overall depth and then we will have the makings of a genuine team.
Good work Owl

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »

owl is correct but time will tell if he is our man. I am confident but the mistakes are starting to become more and more frequent.

In all honesty i actually think Dimma feels that playing the duds he is playing is the best we got.

That can be his only explanation and defense. People need to realise that you cant replace crap with crap even though one could argue playing a man down is a better option that Edwards and Hislop.

The biggest issue i have is with yesterdays 3rd quarter effort. I would love to know 100% if that was his instructions because if it were, i can see why he missed out on so many positions cause thats the worst strategy ive ever heard in football. EVER!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »

Spot on Owl.  :thumbsup

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »
Look, I was under NO illusions about the enormity of the rebuild. Thanks to the mess Wallace and Miller left, it was always going to be a slash and burn job, from the ground up. And until just a few weeks ago I was happy with the progress we appeared to be making. When we knocked off the Bombers in the dreamtime game, I really thought we were on the right track. The baby steps I was anticipating were suddenly turning into giant strides.
Then we played that "home" game in Darwin, and the cracks started to subtly appear. By the Melbourne game, where we had the task in front of us, and we blew it with 10 minutes of good footy, it was all looking depressingly familiar. As someone here argued, you can't blame a current crop for repeating patterns of the past. But I'm not so sure. There was a hint then that the new players were simply the latest batch to display an acceptance of failure that has become deeply ingrained in the club over the course of this long, frustrating journey.
This was pretty much confirmed by the non-appearance against Carlton on a day that the club hyped up for our FTF: The 10 goal capitulation to Essendon after being 4 goals up deep into the 3rd term: And now being rolled by a bottom of the ladder bunch of nursery school kids, at another sold out "home" game . All this is compounded by growing whispers that the playing group isn't as happy and unified as we've been led to believe, over issues of favouritism, and non-selection of in-form players.
I'm not saying Dimma isn't the right man for the job, but there are definitely some worrying signs. Some of his pronouncements and decisions now that he's under the pump have been baffling.Maybe he needs more help as an inexperienced coach, like say Hird is receiving from Thompson. I think we're all just afraid of yet another 5 year plan blowing up in our face.