Author Topic: WHO WILL YOU BLAME THIS TIME HARDWICK  (Read 5866 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: WHO WILL YOU BLAME THIS TIME HARDWICK
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
the last 6 weeks proves that Dimma is struggling
Yesterday was the icing on the cake, playing slow temp footy with the wind said it all.
Bye Dimma

Do you honestly think Mick could do any better with our current list? If your answers is Yep then you are heavily over rating our list

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
Yesterday was the icing on the cake, playing slow temp footy with the wind said it all.
Bye Dimma

Do you honestly think Mick could do any better with our current list? If your answers is Yep then you are heavily over rating our list

The answer is YES.
He wouldnt put up with the gabbage the players dish up.
You need people who can motivate players.

Currently players put up the white flag.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »
also we are playing badly as a group.
very sad,
Dimma says there lost there mojo.
well guess what, do something about it .
Not the players fault.

Ox

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
Bye Dimma

I do.

He would be getting consistencynand markesnimprocement out of players

Hsrdwick has them going backwards

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
Bye Dimma

Thats a pretty dumb question WP if you ask me. You are asking if a premership player and coach, a consistent performer and the best coach in the country cant do better than Dimma. Come on get real.

Dimma is young Dimma is fresh and the jury is still out, malthouse is in a league of his own.

I can guarantee he wouldnt have us chipping around when your going for the wind nor would he go around saying spots for duds like Edwards and Jackson are guaranteed.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
and Mick wouldnt put up with players kicking the balls 15 metres sideways either. :banghead :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 05:58:42 PM »
Thats a pretty dumb question WP if you ask me. You are asking if a premership player and coach, a consistent performer and the best coach in the country cant do better than Dimma. Come on get real.

daniel it isn't a dumb question if people on here honestly believe that Mick (who btw I've rated as the best coach in the Comp for the last decade) turning up is going to turn things around in the space of a season or a few games? 

Look how long it took for him to re-build C'wood? He didn't turn them around in his first season there did he? So the question isn't dumb.

But based on where we are right now I don't think Mick coming and coaching Richmond is suddenly going to get us into finals, I don't think it is suddenly going to stop our players being mentally fragile when things go bad. Can he fix them? Absolutely no doubt he would but to suggest he would do it straight away without having to make further culls to the list and it think it is going to happen in the space of one person walking through the door well it is fairyland thinking IMHO

Our list has so many gapping holes in it - do you think Malthouse can cure them by just walking in the door? Not likely, so  how can the question be dumb?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »

daniel it isn't a dumb question if people on here honestly believe that Mick (who btw I've rated as the best coach in the Comp for the last decade) turning up is going to turn things around in the space of a season or a few games? 

Look how long it took for him to re-build C'wood? He didn't turn them around in his first season there did he? So the question isn't dumb.

But based on where we are right now I don't think Mick coming and coaching Richmond is suddenly going to get us into finals, I don't think it is suddenly going to stop our players being mentally fragile when things go bad. Can he fix them? Absolutely no doubt he would but to suggest he would do it straight away without having to make further culls to the list and it think it is going to happen in the space of one person walking through the door well it is fairyland thinking IMHO

Our list has so many gapping holes in it - do you think Malthouse can cure them by just walking in the door? Not likely, so  how can the question be dumb?

your question was can mick do better than Dimma. the answer is absolutely so i stand by my comment, but should we bother i say no.

I will say this with gale in charge and Dimma whom i still rate cant get us into finals then our football should shut its doors and just give up.

I will judge Dimma in November when the delistings are made for all to see. It will make or break it for him IMO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »
we need a coach who can make players ""walk through walls""
Players arent motivated one bit going on the insipid displays of late.
I watched the Brisbane game today and even though they arent up to it, they have a dip.
We dont have a dip.
BIG ISSUE !
Its not about winning or losing, ITS HOW YOU PLAY

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »
your question was can mick do better than Dimma. the answer is absolutely so i stand by my comment, but should we bother i say no.

over time Mick would make a difference no doubt (we agree) but right at the minute I doubt he could get much more out of the some of the duds we have

I will judge Dimma in November when the delistings are made for all to see. It will make or break it for him IMO.

Absolutely agree with you on this one daniel  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:31:08 PM by WilliamPowell »

gerkin greg

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
I watched the Brisbane game today and even though they arent up to it, they have a dip.

This is the Lions team that was up by 4 goals at home against the living pile of manure that is the RFC and lost by 5 goals?

Didn't they also lose to the Gold Coast?

They seem to only have a dip when it suits them, or your argument  :-*

gerkin greg

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »
We dont have a dip.
BIG ISSUE !
Its not about winning or losing, ITS HOW YOU PLAY

i agree we haven't had a 4qtr dip for a while

lack of onfield leaders not the coach

TigerTimeII

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 07:27:21 PM »
Sadly Malthouse is staying at Collingwood for the next 12 months from what I heard. Then he will move on. Itll be done like that so that Collingwood and everyone involved can save face from the contractual situation theyre all in.

i was told he has signed with carlscum already

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »
Told by Whom?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »
What i cannot understand for the life of me is peoples blind faith when it comes to Hardwick.
Have we learnt nothing from the last 30 years, let alone the last 5? Just because we choose Hardwick doesn't guarantee he was the right choice. Lets be honest, it wouldn't be our first bad selection the club has made. We as members and supporters should question the decisions he makes for our club. Be it, game plan, selection, delistments or whatever.
The reality is we have a coach that has never done this job before.

We seem not to have improved much in nearly 2 seasons. (in any facet)
He still seems to be playing sub standard players. IE Hislop and Farmer
We are still moving the ball so slowly and kicking sideways.
We still seem not to want to tackle and chase and all the 1% things i thought Hardwick would have instilled in us first.
We still seem not to be able to hit easy targets over 20/30 metres.
We still seem to not to wont to work for each other.

Is there anything people think DW has done well since being here? If so, what? And before people say, he got rid of some players last year, well that is the easy bit that you and i could have done.

And one last question, what if at the end of next year we are still bottom 4 with still only 5 odd wins against bottom sides, does DH get another contract?

Interested to hear what peoples thoughts on where we should be and what a pass mark is for Hardwick in his 3 years as our coach.