Author Topic: Fevola  (Read 3920 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fevola
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
Probably a thread on this but I would be in favour of giving the Fev a 1 year deal to see what he's got.  Probably as a mature age rookie particularly if all other cliubs passed on him. 
Surely he could settle down for 1-2 years and play some good footy in the goal square with Jack up the ground a touch.
Other teams recruit players this age so why can't we (see Barry Hall).  And don't bang on about how he is out the age barrier for us.  If he helps us win games and make the eight for the 3rd time in 30 years who cares if he is not going to play in out next premiership. 
He might just help our youngters get some experience in the big time. 

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fevola
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »
Other teams recruit players this age so why can't we (see Barry Hall). 

You can't be serious  ??? But obviously you are

A massive NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me

And BTW we did it this year took a mature age rookie and it's gone down really well don't you think  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Nope  :banghead
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:25:42 PM »
Sack Riewoldt and Hardwick. Fev and Malthouse will win us the flag next year.

You beauty!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 01:36:03 PM »
He would obviously have to be physically right but there is no denying he wins games.
Also no denying he is a tool too, I know that. 
I just want to win games of footy, sick of losing

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »
Miller this year, Fevola next  :P

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
He would obviously have to be physically right but there is no denying he wins games.
I laud you on your willingness to give a bloke another chance, especially one that has had many! :clapping
The only trouble though, Pmac, is we may win games with Fev that we ordinarily wouldn't win any other day but how many wins down the track would we be sacrificing?
Cousins was a good fit when he arrived  but not Fev when on a full rebuild for mine!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
No.
Go Tigers!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »
I laud you on your willingness to give a bloke another chance, especially one that has had many! :clapping
The only trouble though, Pmac, is we may win games with Fev that we ordinarily wouldn't win any other day but how many wins down the track would we be sacrificing?
Cousins was a good fit when he arrived  but not Fev when on a full rebuild for mine!
Impossible to answer how many wins sacrificing but one spot on the list wouldn't hurt that much would it considering it may let Griffiths or others develop at Coburg.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »
Every watch the Vickar of Dibley

No, No, No, No,  NO
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
Probably a thread on this but I would be in favour of giving the Fev a 1 year deal to see what he's got.  Probably as a mature age rookie particularly if all other cliubs passed on him. 
Surely he could settle down for 1-2 years and play some good footy in the goal square with Jack up the ground a touch.
Other teams recruit players this age so why can't we (see Barry Hall).  And don't bang on about how he is out the age barrier for us.  If he helps us win games and make the eight for the 3rd time in 30 years who cares if he is not going to play in out next premiership. 
He might just help our youngters get some experience in the big time. 

One word for this thread and your post.......REHAB......please go!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
Didn't work for Brisbane. No way in hell would it work for us.
Push up!

the claw

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 07:32:21 PM »
if right switched on  if fit and if hes determined to finish his career on a high note im sure he would be worth it to any side.. i still think he will end up with sheeds of even gc. if he does the mentioned things he automatically becomes a quality player with a wealth of experience.

personally id be happy to take two or 3 experienced  senior players 28 plus as short term solutions to our woes.the only criteria would be they are quality players and the benefits outweigh the negatives.
the trouble is if we got 3 experienced good to very good  players at that for nix, while helping in some areas will hinder in others.it would likely mean if those 3 are fit played most games and were in form it may mean we may win 4 or 5 extra games on the season thus affecting ladder  position and in turn draft position.

If people look there are  sound reasons why we would take good  experienced afl players who cost nothing, and the cost is key.
 There are also sound reasons why we shouldnt. For me atm if we clean out below standard experienced players at seasons end, god knows we need to do it, id lean towards replacing a few of them with quality older players if possible. without going into it i think there is more positve reasons to do it than negative.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »
Not for 1 nanosecond would I consider taking Fev.  I have a thousand reasons why we shouldn't and can't think of even one reason why we should.