Author Topic: Coburg vs North Ballarat - Saturday, July 23  (Read 8415 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs North Ballarat - Saturday, July 23
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
pointless even discussing it with you, I dont even know why i bother
Derrickx had problems pre season
Had soft tissue injuries
I laugh when you say Dea is learning to kick, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING AT ELITE LEVEL THEN :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Barlow is a gun
Reason i mentioned mature age type recruits is that we have a ""big hole "" in the 24-28 age group , through poor drafting, eg Matty Lloyd article today.
The players I have previous mentioned were a waste of time and effort, eg Troy Taylor, who really cares if he has great verticle leap, he couldnt play. the RFC have got it wrong, FACT
The recruiting has been poor, go and have alook at the Hawks list for example of the past 5 years, they have been badly affected by injury , more than any other club., but they are still in the top 4, why ,? As there recruiting people have an idea of what footy is about.
We recruit guys on hope
I seen 3 players at Port yesterday that would be better than half the list at the RFC, FACT
dea is learning to kick in the same way as stynes, wight, brogan, and Kennelly did. he has changed sports so has to learn new skills. pretty simple really, as you have mentioned it yourself that dea comes from a basketball background. ( no, i'm not saying that dea is in the same class as those mentioned)

the players you mentioned perhaps were a waste of time, in hindsight, but they are irrelevant to the first statement of yours that i questioned.

as is often the case, you're replies not so much wrong, just irrelevant to the original point.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »
Matt Dea is not learning to kick, he's not a lightweight, and he'll be on our list in 2012 FACT

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2011, 01:44:49 PM »
I seen 3 players at Port yesterday that would be better than half the list at the RFC, FACT
You're a first class idiot  , FACT

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
pointless even discussing it with you, I dont even know why i bother
Derrickx had problems pre season
Had soft tissue injuries
I laugh when you say Dea is learning to kick, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING AT ELITE LEVEL THEN :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Barlow is a gun
Reason i mentioned mature age type recruits is that we have a ""big hole "" in the 24-28 age group , through poor drafting, eg Matty Lloyd article today.
The players I have previous mentioned were a waste of time and effort, eg Troy Taylor, who really cares if he has great verticle leap, he couldnt play. the RFC have got it wrong, FACT
The recruiting has been poor, go and have alook at the Hawks list for example of the past 5 years, they have been badly affected by injury , more than any other club., but they are still in the top 4, why ,? As there recruiting people have an idea of what footy is about.
We recruit guys on hope
Everyone down at Punt Road knows we lack players in the 24-28 age group, and that is a big reason why we are not as competitive as other teams.

By going out there and drafting majority of players within this age bracket like your saying is 'taking shortcuts'. Hardwick and co. have said all along they continue to turn over the draft, pick players, keep the good ones, delist the poo ones, and move on.

How are we going to be competitive against a Geelong/Collingwood/Carlton/Hawthorn when we play a team younger than the GC?? Wait a few years and we will have the some of the best in the age bracket (Cotch, Riewoldt, Dusty, Griff, Conca, Batch) and some older players to lead (Lids, Foley). I am sure through trading and free agency we will pull in a few more too.

Yes we are poo, yes it sucks, yes everyone knows it and it is being addressed. Need to be patient.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2011, 02:10:46 PM »
You're a first class idiot  , FACT

well go and watch a Port game Charlie

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Also, Hawks have made their fair share of poo draft choices (Dowler, Thorp etc), and they are where they are now by doing what we are now doing (Hardwick has said this).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
Coburg Report
richmondfc.com.au
Tue 26 Jul, 2011

Development coach, David Newett, provides a summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level with Coburg against North Ballarat last Saturday.

Ben Nason
Was used in a variety of roles during the game, but struggled to have an impact.  Did, use the ball well when in possession, though.

Ben Jakobi
Like all the team’s defenders, was under plenty of pressure throughout the entire match.  Worked his way into the contest, however, and contributed with offensive impact due to his kicking ability.

Brad Miller
Another solid performance from the strong-leading, experienced key forward.  Was a reliable target for the team and made the most of his limited opportunities.  Is providing good leadership to the younger players, while still contributing on a consistent basis.     

Jamie O’Reilly
Was down on his output from the previous few games.  Had limited involvement offensively, but performed admirably from a defensive perspective against quality opponents.

Jeromey Webberley
Started well with several damaging possessions.  Continued to work hard throughout the game, but his impact diminished.

Dean MacDonald
An improved performance from the previous week with more consistent involvement.  Looked dangerous whenever the ball was in his vicinity.

Jayden Post
Played in defence for the majority of the match and performed his task well.  Worked hard on the defensive side of his game and also was involved offensively.

Tom Hislop
Had an interesting duel with North Melbourne-listed player Ben Cunnington.  Continually put his body on the line by hitting the contests hard and working strongly around the stoppages.  Took some good marks and continued to work diligently throughout to provide a target. 

Matt Dea
Second game back from injury and he looked comfortable defending against a dangerous opponent in the North Melbourne-listed Lindsay Thomas.  Had some terrific spoils and rebounded well, making good decisions when in possession.  Encouraging performance.

Robbie Hicks
Returned to senior VFL ranks and carried his impressive form from the reserves into the game.  Used his pace to advantage to break the lines and create space.

Nick Westhoff (Coburg reserves)
Returned to the reserves from a lengthy lay-off due to injury.  Was used in a number of roles and contributed to the team.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/119456/default.aspx