Author Topic: Chris Pelchen  (Read 1791 times)

tony_montana

Chris Pelchen
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
Gone to the Saints, we should have snapped him up  :banghead

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Chris Pelchen
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »
we tried a few years back and failed to egt him across during Tws term i think
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
It was right before Craig Cameron got the role by default we apparently almost got him over the line..

He wouldn't mess around get rid of half glass full types that will get us nowhere players like edwards, white, mcguane.

We missed a chance I think to make sure we continue the rebuild properly

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
Why would he come here TM? Of course we want him but Cameron has 2 years to run on his contract. Would have to pay Cameron out and Pelchen will command alot more than what Cameron is on. We don't have the funds or to put it differently the club is asking fans to dig deep for 6 million dollars to get Pelchen across the line would command a significant amount the club simply don't have because we love giving 5 year contracts to blokes who don't deserve them.

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Why would he come here TM? Of course we want him but Cameron has 2 years to run on his contract. Would have to pay Cameron out and Pelchen will command alot more than what Cameron is on. We don't have the funds or to put it differently the club is asking fans to dig deep for 6 million dollars to get Pelchen across the line would command a significant amount the club simply don't have because we love giving 5 year contracts to blokes who don't deserve them.

Unfortunately you are correct, but isnt this supposed to be the new exciting richmond?  :lol

however in a perfect world you'd bring him in, make his role such that it undermines Cameron and pushes him aside, move Cameron elsewhere where his damage can be limited ::) and then eff him off.

I have no confidence in Craig Cameron none whatsoever and feel he is making decisions that are hamstringing us

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »

Unfortunately you are correct, but isnt this supposed to be the new exciting richmond?  :lol

however in a perfect world you'd bring him in, make his role such that it undermines Cameron and pushes him aside, move Cameron elsewhere where his damage can be limited ::) and then eff him off.

I have no confidence in Craig Cameron none whatsoever and feel he is making decisions that are hamstringing us

It's a bit like when were only able to get Danny Frawley to coach. No-one wanted the job.
Craig Cameron is probably making the best of the situation but after 4 years it is starting to get to decision time contract or no contract.
 At the end of the season, he needs to be held accountable by the board as to  what he has delivered and
how that justifies him staying in 2012.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:34:12 PM »

Unfortunately you are correct, but isnt this supposed to be the new exciting richmond?  :lol

I agree TM but we will be paying for the Wallace/Miller regime it seems at least for another few years both on and off the field.
Undermining Cameron would never happen as the club is more inclined to hang on and cost itself on field success rather than look at ways to better itself on and off field in some cases.
We'll see this post season what Cameron's worth is to us with the type of players he brings across.

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
Jackstar is back again reckoned the Pelican was going to Essendon  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »
Overrated.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »
didnt OE post a list of his recruits in another thread that overall, really wasn't that flash?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
didnt OE post a list of his recruits in another thread that overall, really wasn't that flash?

I know some people think he's over rated al but facts are he contributed to the 08 premiership with list management decisions  and some of the youngsters he drafted the past several years are really starting to come on now. Bottom line is he'd be a considerable upgrade on what we've got

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:42 PM »
found it.
Someone on BF posted a list of all of Pelchen's picks....

2005 Draft

Pick 3 - Xavier Ellis
Pick 6 - Beau Dowler
Pick 14 - Grant Birchall
Pick 18 - Max Bailey
Pick 22 - Beau Muston
Pick 38 - Travis Tuck
PSD - Brent Guerra
Rookie - Luke McKentee
Rookie - Lukas Marvokic
Rookie - Stephen Gilham
Rookie - Ben Kane
Rookie - Ben McGlynn

2006 Draft

Pick 6 - Mitch Thorp
Pick 24 - Brent Renouf
Pick 33 - Jarryd Morton
Pick 40 - Josh Kennedy
Pick 56 - Garry Moss
PSD Pick 5 - Josh Thurgood
Rookie - Brett Collins
Rookie - Matthew Suckling
Rookie - Sam Gibson

2007 Draft

Pick 29 - Brendan Whitecross
Pick 45 - Stewart Dew
Rookie - Hugh Sandilands
Rookie - Timothy Walsh
Rookie - Alex Grima
Rookie - Cameron Stokes

2008 Draft

Pick 16 - Ryan Schoenmakers
Pick 34 - Liam Shiels
Pick 50 - Jordan Lisle
Pick 63 - Luke Lowden
Rookie - Riley Milne
Rookie - Haydn Kiel
Rookie - Luke Breust
Rookie - Carl Peterson
Rookie - Gary Moss
Rookie - Matthew Suckling
Rookie - William Suerakowski

2009 Draft

Pick 39 - Sam Grimley
Pick 46 - Bejamin Stratton
Pick 57 - Jordan Williams
Pick 58 - Rhan Hooper
Pick 69 - Taylor Duryea
Pick 70 - Matthew Suckling
Rookie - Wayde Skipper
Rookie - Jarrod Hayler-Thompson
Rookie - Michael Johnston

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20178770&postcount=108
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI